Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This was the thought going through my head as I went to sleep last night. Like, why? Why would he call his mom Martha? Did the writer just realize that both Batman and Superman's moms have the same name? They even foreshadow this poo poo, it's a major plot point that's set up in the first few minutes of the movie...

Who wrote this movie?

I've yet to see the movie, but I imagine Bruce and Clark bonding over stupid similiarities in their life.

"JIM!"
"Jim?"
"Jim... Olson. He's a trusted friend and confidant."
"I... also have a Jim who is also a trusted friend and confidant."
"Oh..."

*Superman stubs toe on car, looks down reviewing the damage."
"DENT!"
"Dent?"
"Dented... I just dented this car. Practically broke it in two."
"I have a Harvey Dent, he's a Two-Face."
"Oh..."

"Pizza!"
"Pizza?!"
"Pizza... I love pizza. I could really go for a slice right now."
"I... also like Pizza. Good pizza like classic Gotham-style Pizza, not that stuff you call Metropolitian-Style and try to pass off as pizza."
"Wuh... Metro-style is great!"
"In light of everything else, I'm going to assume the kryptonite has taken away your enhanced sense of 'supertaste'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Gaunab posted:

I hate to be the one to tell you this but...Jimmy Olsen is dead. He was killed on duty doing a story about an african warlord.

Isn't Jim Gordon dead, too?

*Superman/Batman fistbump*
"Best 'dead best buddy' buddies!"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
From a distance, Lex looks like Lois and Senator Lady. I wonder if that's intentional.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

bring back old gbs posted:

Uhhhhhhh jfc thats a pretty huge loving scene to excise. Extended cut may actually be pretty bonkers if this is the sort of stuff they left out.

I can get why it was cut. As someone who hasn't seen the film, yet, it seems almost insubstantial in terms of anything that means a thing. It either needed to have a bit more to it. Admittedly, though, if tied to other cut material, maybe it would have some elevated meaning.

ruddiger posted:

Kanye setting trends with his album patches, can't wait til we get Batman V Superman 1.1 in the theater.

I actually almost suspect if the film does just good enough business that DC will pull it from theaters as it is just about to fall out of the top 10 and announce a limited 2 week theatrical run of an extended R-rated or an unrated cut in select cities. Given the success of Deadpool and the approaching Suicide Squad, I could see them using it as almost a PR stunt.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Natalie Portman out of Attack of the Clones looks more like that image of Wonder Woman...

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
More like 'transjestered'.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Aren't there actual adult performers that go by the stage names Harley Quinn and Diana Prince? It seems like even if they aren't good, why not cast them?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I want to see Bizarro v Batman.

Clark's grave is dug up by small-time crooks. When the confused Clark learns of the Batman's actions against criminals, he starts a frothing diatribe about how that son of a bitch brought the war on crime to them! Showing up in the middle of the day in Gotham, he challenges Batman by throwing around the dismembered corpses of Thomas and Martha Wayne all around Batman.

Batman has prepared for everything but Superman surprises him by throwing loaded guns at Batman at extremely high speed from a distance.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Wow... I got back from seeing this tonight and I feel like I need to say a lot of things but it's so difficult because this film feels so directionless compared to Man of Steel, a film I didn't love but I managed to still really like.

Something about the film feels really cheap and quickly put together in a way I can't really explain, and a very large part of me really thinks you could have flipped this plot around a lot and salvaged the movie. There's some good ideas in there that are just executed very poorly. In fact, I sort of wish the Bruce and Luthor plots were flipped around. Heck, I sort of wished they'd gotten someone else to play Batman and a bald Affleck had buffed up to play a menacing and imposing modern Lex.

None of the dream sequence/flashback/flash forward stuff actually mattered to me and you could have had all of it told or explained in another way. I don't mind another retelling of the Batman origin, because, quite frankly, it's literally only a few minutes of the film.

I sort of liked Eisenberg in the film, though.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I don't even want to TALK about this movie. I mean, I WILL, but I spoke to 3 different people yesterday after seeing it and they'd asked what I'd been up to that day and at no point did I even mention, "By the way, just saw Dawn of Justice...."

Even Fantastic Four last year I could talk about and say good/bad things about, issues I had with the movie, etc. It's got good 'scenes', but as a whole they don't work out well together. We're all sort of holding out hope that the R-rated extended cut will fix things, but my guess is that the biggest difference will just be a bit more blood and Wonder Woman actually punched in the face or something a few times.

On a hype/budget/interest/etc. scale, this is one of the most disappointing comic book movies I've seen in recent years. I'm trying to think of anything I've seen along these lines since 2000 that has been as non-engaging this.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 2, 2016

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
So, during the Turkish Airlines commercial, Bruce Wayne is a seething, simmering jar of angry piss ready to explode and kill Superman during the entire thing?

Sitting on a plane next to him must be really uncomfortable during that flight. I mean, Lex will just take poo poo off his plate and put it in your mouth, maybe even absent-mindedly touch himself during the in-flight movie because he thinks he's at home. Bruce might have nightmares where he'll wake up and react violently.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Clark does, dirty boots and all, but Lois had some murky, slimey, soapy water in there to cover her dirty pillows.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I would have a lot more respect for the upcoming Suicide Squad if Jared Leto started poo poo talking this film as the Joker.

"The damage that BvS has done to Batman is going to be hard to top."
"Congratulations, Batman Forever, for becoming the second-to-worst movie featuring Batman"
etc.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Immortan posted:

Tbf the new Ghostbusters movie looks loving horrendous.

On the other hand, the theatrical trailer I saw that was attached to BvS was not anywhere near as horrible as the first trailer from a few weeks earlier.

At this pint, I can't see myself finding GB2016 more disappointing than BvS.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Was season 3 the one where she was a clone? That would explain it.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I'm still starting to think it should have been a Wonder Woman vs. Superman movie.

10 straight minutes of Superman just getting his poo poo kicked in because he won't hit a woman. Also, fill it with all sorts of little poo poo so that people can comment how she's breaking Superman down with symbols of the patriarchy. Ripping urinals off the wall and smashing them into his head. An homage of the "Hey Superman!" scene from Superman 2 ("You see, Wonder Woman is attacking Superman with a 'man'hole cover. It's really quite clever.'). Etc.

Lois shows up in stolen power suit of Lex's and goes, "Get away from him, you BITCH!"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
No, I want a Wonder Woman who is a hypocrite about being about peace and love while also being a vengeful, hateful violent killer when it suits her because she's grown bitter about the nature of the world.

That's why she'd hate Superman. Just like Lex assumes as a human that gods cannot be all good and all powerful, she's a god that assumes this alien god is just as prone to violent use of his power as as she has been over the years.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

quote:

“Batman v Superman” is now looking to wind up this weekend with a 17-day total of around $295 million. It’s been beset by mostly negative reviews — although the notices for “The Boss” have been even less supportive with an 18% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

"American's pay millions to see unpopular movies: News at 11."

So, at the end of the day, being out nearly 3 weeks, it's made nearly $300M, which is probably pretty good. At this rate, it'll probably do between $320-$340M domestically, or maybe climb as high as $375-$400M if the rumors of WB re-releasing as the extended R-rated cut are true. All things considered, it's not really the flop I think most people are making it out to be with the exception of it not making half-billion dollars.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
"Don't worry about me. Something's wrong, I think they need you in Metropolis"
Batman then sort of explains that, "I'm not like your son and the Amazonian. I'm not faster than a speeding bullet or more powerful than a locomotive. The only thing I can do to help them right now is to get you somewhere safe."
*Martha looks around outside, flaming vehicles all over the place*
"If there's a single car you DIDN'T blow up, I can drive myself somewhere safe!"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
WW will also create a meme of "'Mazonsplainin'". As is, "Oh, you don't get this, fella? I'm gonna have to 'mazonsplain it to you..."

*mazonsplaining turns out to be enacting violent solutions to a problem, while declaring how peaceful and thoughtful the solution of bashing a problem into submission is.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
What are the chances of WW getting horribly impaled on the horns of a MInotaur or punched in the face so hard that she flies across the room for trying to grope at Steve Trevor's privates?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Is Spider-Man the most beat up superhero on screen? I don't think any film of his doesn't end with some degree of fetishized physical abuse that leaves him a drooling blood, swollen face, shot, stabbed and almost dead.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Is that the in-universe origin to the story of Hilter only having one ball?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I sort of wonder if Luthor really didn't expect Batman to actually steal the Kryptonite when he did. Did he start the Doomsday thing before or after the theft of the K-nite? I could see the thing of, "I'm gonna make a monster and use all this green rock to keep it docile and under my control until the moment I want to unleash it to kill Superman and then I get to roll in and... and.. What do you mean It's gone! ALL OF IT?! GOD DAMNED BATMAN!"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
One problem is that if you start saying we need to scale back on the years of power creeping* of the DCU characters to give them some limits to help tell some more interesting stories, you get a lot of complaints that 'good' writers don't need to have Superman facing threats based on power and strength to tell interesting stories.

*Getting increasingly more powerful, not the spying Superman did with Lois in Superman Returns.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
If BvS was a Marvel studios film, the wheelchair guy would have been groomed to be the Metallo badguy, but he'd still blow up before the end of the film.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Maybe people piss themselves when they see Superman walk into a room. Or Purrington had an overactive bladder and had to wear Depends all the time. Maybe all us humans just smell like sweat and piss and poo poo to him every moment.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

It'd be pretty dece if Superman gave the Agent Smith 'Parasites' speech from The Matrix.

Superman knows all about the personal lives of everyone at the Daily Planet based on the smells they can't wash off.

He knows whose cat has a urinary tract infection that isn't being treated, he knows that the guy in accounting is sleeping with a photographer and an assistant editor, he knows that someone drinks at work to get through the day (but he doesn't know that it didn't start until 18 months ago), etc.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Devils don't come from below, like a toilet. They come from above, like a golden shower.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
The film repeatedly cuts to the media/internet hounding a perplexed Allison Mack for things being done by Alex Mack.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Superman should have dropped Batman off at the GCPD expecting a big thank you for taking down the Batman and Commissioner Gordon, as head of the GCPD, just tells Superman to get the gently caress out of his city before he has him charged and arrested for battery for laying his hands upon Batman. Half the GCPD sort of steps out with guns drawn on Superman. You gonna take on the entire GCPD, Superman? We don't 'love' the Bat, but we sure has hell don't even 'like' you.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Being ignored by nursing staff who are too busy playing their iPhone 34 games and gesture texting to one another.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Terminator Genisys couldn't even get on Dr. Pepper cans. They were on Big Red soda.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Batman should be super nihilistic due to how close humanity came to being wiped out 18 months earlier and views every living person on the planet as just some living dead on borrowed time.

"Blew up some criminals? So what? They had almost 2 more years of life than they probably should have... It doesn't matter..."

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I just sort of realized something: The US government is cool with NOT taking possession of a bunch of alien space rock and tech off the Indian Ocean? I'm surprised we aren't in the middle of a world war in that part of the world for anything any nation can strip out of the water.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
-Bruce should have legitimately needed to find the bathroom and Mercy finds him urinating in a recycling bin in the computer room, constantly calling her "Marcy".

-Bruce constantly trying to convince Lex that he and Alfred Pennyworth HAVE to be related, as they both have first names that start with AL. Maybe their parents knew the same people, then. It's not a coincidence, Lex.

-In a meeting with the reporters, Perry White should have an iPad out and is reading off Yahoo Headlines and telling his staff to follow up on these stories for the print edition of the Daily Planet. He especially wants someone to do some digging on these new "FCC changes that will affect millions of cable customers" things.

-Metropolis is full of people engaged in an activity called "skyscraping": People who jump off tall buildings for the rush of whether or not Superman will catch them in time.

-While in Mexico, El Santo attempts to kill Superman but relents when he hears his mom's name is Martha and that's kinda close to his mom's maiden name of Márquez.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Apr 19, 2016

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Trast posted:

The episode was also pretty clear in the idea that Lex set everything up to make the heroes look bad. They did in twenty minutes of animation what Snyder could barely do in almost three hours.

But a counterpoint is that they also had several episodes and ongoing character development of that version of the characters to get them to that point, too.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
If BvS and the MCU were OKCupid profiles, what would they look like?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

lazorexplosion posted:

Smart people really understand the value of doing a minute long reveal of a jar of piss instead of letting your main character speak in an important scene. That kind of depth just goes right over my head.

Superman is God/Jesus, Lex Luthor prevented him from giving his inspiring and converting people through his gospel to the masses.

The whole thing is that Piss Christ think that conservatives still like to harp about like it's a thing that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Superman should have swaggered in there with a Big Gulp, taking sips, pretending to listen, and then getting bored when the Senator starts stammering. Feeling a need to take a leak, he looks around.

Right before it blows he goes, "Hey, 'piss jar', just we had like back home! Can I borrow tha---?"

• Locked thread