Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What determines your ranking and emblem next to your name at the main menu? Mine's rank 0 and an eight-ball though my mascot is some dice. It keeps telling me my progress to Challengemaster 0 and 1 are both at 0 medals too. Is it just broken? I'm on PS4.

Starblade_15 on PS4 by the way for time comparisons. This game's really fun!

quote:

I wonder how many more medals I need to get before i'm #1 in the PS4 US.

I'm top 20 for medals and barely through the campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

magimix posted:

I didn't start working towards 'rank 1' until I started spending time racing in multiplayer rooms. Solo-campaign gives you medals, and contributes to leader-board position, but not that rank thing it seems.

That's kind of weird, since doing online challenges counts towards your medal rank and some nebulous challenge rank too. I haven't done too many races online yet though. Is the mascot thing just random then?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Entropist posted:

In previous Trackmania games the rankings were updated quite irregularly, perhaps once per day or once every two days. That means you're usually playing against an old version of the ranking - you were #4 compared to the amount of medals that people had yesterday, they likely have more today and there are probably a lot of #1s driving around, until the rankings update again. That means the total number of players is probably also lagging behind.

I read on their forums too that everything everywhere is un-sync'd, so checking the website against the game against what the level says you have is a crapshoot.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Multi-lap levels suck. Especially multi-lap levels that don't consider what your speed on a straightaway would be with the additional length from before the starting point.

• Locked thread