Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It will take time for people to figure out that Trackmania is an awesome game, the population will increase. That being said, Trackmania has always been huge worldwide with a much smaller player population in America. Also, this is a brand new franchise for consoles without a lot of hype around it's release.

This has been my hope for every TrackMania since the first game. I've since resigned myself to the fact that it'll never be as big as it deserves to be, at least in Australia, but so long as they're still going strong in Europe then I expect Nadeo will be kicking around until the end of time, iterating on one of the finest arcade racing game series ever made. And I will continue to purchase every single one of them.

I've got Turbo on PC, and I haven't experienced any weirdness although I haven't tried to use a controller. Much fewer graphical glitches than Trackmania 2, and the tracks telegraph what's coming up a lot better than it as well.

e: The crane drop as a rolling start is a good idea, but why not just have a rolling start? I'm pretty sure they had that feature in Sunrise.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

AirRaid posted:

Sunrise didn't have rolling starts, this is the first time they've tried something like that, and I think it owns. You can vary the speed you get off the roll in ramp by how high you place the chopper start piece.

Also, any PC peeps that haven't already, post your uPlay names so we can friend up and get some leaderboard ghosts and poo poo. (I'm BearRaid)

I'm megagoon on uPlay

Don't get me wrong, the drop start is rad, but if it was a countdown while a rolling start happened you'd get into the action that much quicker after you hit delete for the 50th time.

• Locked thread