Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

magimix posted:

* What crazy junk do I need to smoke to be able to understand what the bloody hell the Record Center is trying to show?

Add magimix2000 on PS4; I crave leaderboard friends

I spent some time trying to figure this out last night. (If I was near my PS4 now I would get screens) When you first go in it shows how you compare to the other people on your friends list. The first number that's highlighted gold is how many tracks you have a better time on, and the second is the number of tracks their time is better than yours. An example would be

You vs. Me 25 - 10
In this case, you have a better time than mine on 25 tracks , and my time is better than yours on 10.

Once you pick someone to compare to, it has separate lists of track records for each player. Your times are on the left, the other person's times are on the right. Then it breaks down into a track by track basis, showing your time and the split time for your friend.

One thing I would like to see is a master list with all your friends for each track in the leaderboards rather than having to select individual tracks to compare.

Feel free to add me, I am Backup_Snacks on PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

What determines your ranking and emblem next to your name at the main menu? Mine's rank 0 and an eight-ball though my mascot is some dice. It keeps telling me my progress to Challengemaster 0 and 1 are both at 0 medals too. Is it just broken? I'm on PS4.

Starblade_15 on PS4 by the way for time comparisons. This game's really fun!

I'm top 20 for medals and barely through the campaign.

Another 8-ball checking in. The ranking on the title screen doesn't show anything for me until after I play a track once. It's a little surprising how few people are playing this so far; I think I was at #4 US last night after finishing the 60s.

How do you guys handle the wooden surface in lagoon? That's probably what gives me the most trouble so far.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Do joker medals count towards the garage unlocks? There are a few tracks that are giving me trouble yet, but if I can unlock more car dress-up items with jokers I would be happy.

On that note, shoutout to Gammalyrae and Hubbaducky on PS4. Your ghosts have been instrumental in getting some of my gold times. Add those guys if you haven't yet.

Entropist posted:

Ran into a weird thing on the first Valley dirt track, 14. If you hit the first water obstacle in a certain way, you lose less speed in the water and gain like a second. But I didn't manage to do the same thing at the second water obstacle, and I'm not able to do it 100% of the time.
Would be lame if this block allows a random trick for such a big time gain... It seems like the world top100 also figured it out already because they had driven times that were only possible with this trick.

I was talking with a couple friends about that one. It seems like if you stay towards the left side of both puddles you'll go through faster. Just watch out for the rocks in between them.

• Locked thread