Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

THE MACHO MAN posted:

so are there any basic tips and such for this? I started to grind some of the single player maps last night and have been hitting gold, but I know in previous versions there were all little nuances that made a huge difference. Is it map specific or are there playstyle things too? I use a ton of drifting

Generally, in case you don't know: drifting is holding the throttle throughout the entire process, starting a turn, and tapping the brakes. It's better if, instead of tapping the brake, you use the environment to lose grip, but that's not an option all the time.

Pay attention to signage, they're always helpful to get to know a track.

Canyon: Drift your heart away while always having the pedal to the metal. The grip you get when you come out of a drift can be weird, be ready for it.
Valley: Have a feather touch on the steering, these things lose speed if you do a hard turn and tend to oversteer any way. Avoid drifting. These courses are all about finesse of control. Also, hold and release LB to jump...?
Lagoon: Huge grip, tight turning, high speed. Don't drift, most corners are designed for you to be flooring it and hard turning, but coming out of a turn can get a bit squirrely. Get a feel for it.
Stadium: Don't drift, and avoid braking at all. Focus on your line instead, and don't be too afraid to let off the throttle if you're understeering.

f#a# fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Confirmed on PC status. It works fine, and even has native DS4 support (e.g. you don't need DS4Windows). uPlay sucks, 100-player matches lag a bit when you try to restart, and the settings menu is sparse, but on the other hand, you have some of the same stuff as TM2 (e.g. hover mouse on top to get the advanced settings menu and Actually Working settings for SFX/Music volume).

• Locked thread