Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
How is the track editor on console? I had Trackmania (the original) for PC and loved making tracks in the desert and snowy environments, snaking in and out of mountains and stuff :3: If the consoles are a real pain in the arse compared to keyboard/mouse I guess I will have to go for PC though having it on console would be kinda nice. I don't suppose there's any chance whatsoever that you can plug a key/mouse into the console is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Honestly, if you could switch between the "normal" and "advanced" mode on the console version it would be great. But you are stuck with either/or it seems. Normal is great for building something quick, it's pretty easy but it's lacking some major things from advanced mode (like deleting any track object instead of just the last one you built. It's kind of nice, the advanced mode is pretty complicated for seemingly no reason.

So the console track editor is pretty much unusable? Advanced being the only real option but not suited to controllers?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So I'm having some trouble with what is objectively the worst environment across the whole of Trackmania: Stadium. God knows why they brought this back rather than literally any of the others they skipped over in favour of it but here we are - how the gently caress do you turn on dirt? At the moment I'm just slamming on the brakes while turning and it's not so much a drift as it is a crawl, but any attempt to take the turns without braking to a very low speed just leads to me shooting off the side of the track. What am I missing here? How do you turn on dirt without a massive dip in speed?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

ghostter posted:

the only one I played was trackmania stadium and I loved this one server called mav's, they had a huge music playlist and a bunch of ridiculous custom maps. How does this one stack up against trackmania2? Will I still be able to race against 100 other people?

100 other people yes (and I can't figure out how to turn the ghosts off so good luck seeing the track)
Custom music is a no as far as I know
Custom maps is a yes

It might sound like I'm being negative about this but I am really loving it! It's so smooth compared to the previous TM games! I'm just hoping it gets proper PC support for custom content at some point.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Bring back Snow and Desert :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I spent a few minutes driving in a straight line and got outside the skybox, which is dome shaped.

• Locked thread