Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I want more leader board people with times to race agains and get upset by. I'm playing on ps4, 'neilinnyc'

We're moving into a new office this week with a gaming projector, I'm so hyped for hot seat multiplayer.
You can do double driver in hot seat too, so up to 16 players making up 8 teams.

Anyone found a list of which codes do what in the 'secret' multiplayer mode? Wouldn't mind having the split screen Mario kart style one and micro machines ones on hand (both feature collisions and 'weapons' are boosts and a car launcher, with the cars staying on and cluttering up the track)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
There are a little over 400k on ps4, but only 10k in the US. Should break a million sold on consoles.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

So the console track editor is pretty much unusable? Advanced being the only real option but not suited to controllers?

Bollocks, it's great. I cant think of any other way it could've been done while also giving you immediate access to everything. Takes a little while to get used to but if you put in the time it's pretty seamless. Things that'll trip you up are rotate being the same button as 'copy piece' when you're directly over another - and developing the muscle memory to get the left stick back into turns or whatever so you can just focus on the right side.
i've nearly finished my 8th track with it, I cant stop. I think a couple of them are up to the quality of the main set. Really happy with how some of them flow.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Entropist posted:

In previous Trackmania games the rankings were updated quite irregularly, perhaps once per day or once every two days. That means you're usually playing against an old version of the ranking - you were #4 compared to the amount of medals that people had yesterday, they likely have more today and there are probably a lot of #1s driving around, until the rankings update again. That means the total number of players is probably also lagging behind.

Weirdly I was ranked 14 in the US, didnt play for a day and when I turned it back on I was ranked 9th. I dont even have trackmaster on a single track yet.
It's a bit of a mess all round - I had been going back and forth with times on an early track with a mate over the weekend. he's got the better time on track 7, it shows in the ranking center overview that he's got 14 better times and i've got 5, but when i select it to go into detail it still shows me as having more better times and doesn't have any of his times updated. still cant race against any of his faster ghosts 3 days later.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I just shared a proper platform track with a bunch of ps4 goons. They're awesome, it's annoying there's no community that can collate them on ps4. Wouldve been great to have like 10 nadeo created ones too.
All the ones I've downloaded are not in any way platform tracks.

The one I shared can probably be done in a little over 1:20. 1:40 is my best with a few restarts.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 30, 2016

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Whoa I had no idea you could see ps4 tracks on the site.

Here's that platform one I made. I wish it would let you revalidate because that gold time should be more like 1:10.

https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/ps4/maps/0ELczrwVGJSsIZ3HKiUDaygGZu5

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
The bonus fun split screen mode ( 000 on ps4) is incredible. Now I like multilaps tracks, I'm finding myself wishing for more. Love that the weapons are to fire a car in front or drop it beind, and after each game if you choose to play again on the same track all the old cars are still there causing major blockages.
We got a projector in the office last week so we've been playing it on a 120" screen too.

Seriously reccomend getting 3 people over (or just one) and giving it a go. These secret modes should've been given more attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Made another ps4 platform track if anyone is still playing.

https://players.turbo.trackmania.com/ps4/maps/o5paHH55qOToLSOYkUCqqVcD5y4

My best is like 3:30 but a perfect run should be around 2min. I've done every obstacle perfectly, but never all in the same run and once I start failing I tend to keep doing so.

• Locked thread