Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://www.facebook.com/adultswim/posts/10153948493286745

not sure what the point of this is, flcl seemed pretty done to me. what the hell is the sequel gonna even be about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The original director is involved in a supervisory role so it probably could be worse?

I'm fine with waiting until it's out and giving it a shot.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Same reason they made new Eva movies I guess.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Millennials

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't really get it either, since it was a coming of age story and the kid matures at the end.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Fabricated posted:

I don't really get it either, since it was a coming of age story and the kid matures at the end.

What? I'm pretty sure it was about 30 minutes of WACKY ANTICS followed by an episode of Inuyasha.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

Millennials

:same:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think this is just one of those cases where you really can't tell anything about it until we actually have episodes to watch.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Namtab posted:

Millennials

Hi

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

they said the plan is to bring back the pillows too so that's something

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Parallax posted:

they said the plan is to bring back the pillows too so that's something

*ears perk up*.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Here's why: $$$

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I would not mind another soundtrack by the pillows.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Fabricated posted:

The old digimom formula with making tri for some god awful reason.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

FLCL 2: the search for more money

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Man it's been so long but I think there's a few directions they could take it? Like, who Naota's mom is maybe?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wasn't Naota's mom implied to be dead or something? It's been a long while since I've actually watched FLCL.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

If we're making sequels to popular Toonami anime, let's do one for a show that needs it instead.

Y'know, like THE BIG O. I want it to be showtime one more time. Is that too much to ask?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't really think The Big O needs another season. Then again FLCL doesn't really need any more seasons either.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

JD posted:

Man it's been so long but I think there's a few directions they could take it? Like, who Naota's mom is maybe?

It's just about a different kid

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Adult Swim is going to troll everybody and fund an Inuyasha reboot.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I have never watched the original because it looks stupid

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I really like the artstyle of the manga

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Demicol posted:

0.o

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Demicol posted:

It's a great show! (And with only 6 episodes, it's not much of an investment.)

Butt Ghost posted:

I really like the artstyle of the manga

Reminds me of the art style used for the Monogatari Series ending themes. Neat.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
the son kills the dad in the comic

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
I found the possible plot of the sequel on the internets, so take it with a grain of salt:

quote:

In the new season of FLCL, many years have passed since Naota and Haruhara Haruko shared their adventure together. Meanwhile, the war between the two entities known as Medical Mechanica and Fraternity rages across the galaxy. Enter Hidomi, a young teenaged girl who believes there is nothing amazing to expect from her average life, until one day when a new teacher named Haruko arrives at her school. Soon enough, Medical Mechanica is attacking her town and Hidomi discovers a secret within her that could save everyone, a secret that only Haruko can unlock.

But why did Haruko return to Earth? What happened to her Rickenbacker 4001 she left with Naota? And where did the human-type robot ‘Canti’ go?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

quote:

But why did Haruko return to Earth? What happened to her Rickenbacker 4001 she left with Naota? And where did the human-type robot ‘Canti’ go?

Jesus, if this is real, they aren't even loving trying.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

esselfortium posted:

Reminds me of the art style used for the Monogatari Series ending themes. Neat.

Same artist, actually

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Parallax posted:

Same artist, actually
Woah, interesting!

Kleptobot posted:

I found the possible plot of the sequel on the internets, so take it with a grain of salt:
That's from the official press release. It's real.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is hidomi with a d even a real name

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I wouldn't put much stock in a plot description considering looking at plot descriptions of the original don't really sound great either

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Demicol posted:

you look stupid

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Raxivace posted:

I don't really think The Big O needs another season. Then again FLCL doesn't really need any more seasons either.

A third season of Big O would ideally be like the first, mostly a collection of fun somewhat connected episodes to have fun with the characters and setting.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Raxivace posted:

Pretty sure Cartoon Network bankrolled the second season of Big O already.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Parallax posted:

I wouldn't put much stock in a plot description considering looking at plot descriptions of the original don't really sound great either

Yeah, for sure. Presentation is everything when it comes to FLCL. My expectations for this are still pretty low because I think the original was perfect and doesn't need a sequel, but maybe it'll be pleasantly surprising.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Because someone thought they could make money with it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

chumbler posted:

A third season of Big O would ideally be like the first, mostly a collection of fun somewhat connected episodes to have fun with the characters and setting.

I could be down with that. I just think the second season ends on such a cool note that I'm afraid more would ruin it.

Lamebot posted:

Pretty sure Cartoon Network bankrolled the second season of Big O already.

They did back in the day, yeah.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I do not have high hopes for this project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
haruko is my wife and diebuster was pretty awesome, so maybe it'll be cool

there's really no reason to have any sort of emotional response to this because it's coming out in like two goddamn years.

• Locked thread