Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Uhh, wow, didn't expect this.

I think I would prefer if Adult Swim co-funded Panty & Stocking Season 2 but this isn't too shabby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

darealkooky posted:

haruko is my wife and diebuster was pretty awesome, so maybe it'll be cool

there's really no reason to have any sort of emotional response to this because it's coming out in like two goddamn years.

There's no reason to care about anything

Everything is an endless void

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
if you get angry this early about how your youth is being literally raped by production IG and adult swim with this new series you'll burn out by the time they actually release any information about it. then you won't be able to properly hate it and talk at length about how bullshit it is compared to the original FLCL

you gotta pace this kinda thing

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

gonna make the epic hate watch thread

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Adult Swim is going to troll everybody and fund an Inuyasha reboot.

Oh man I cant believe I got trolled into watching a great anime by Rumiko Takahashi

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

darealkooky posted:

if you get angry this early about how your youth is being literally raped by production IG and adult swim with this new series you'll burn out by the time they actually release any information about it. then you won't be able to properly hate it and talk at length about how bullshit it is compared to the original FLCL

you gotta pace this kinda thing

Lol you think I can burn out

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Oh man I cant believe I got trolled into watching a great anime by Rumiko Takahashi

It would be a troll to the normies who still watch Adult Swim...true men have nothing to fear.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Eh, as long as the lady who voices Haruko, Angel, and Nani sore gets some work.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I started watching FLCL because of this announcement and didn't think too much of it at first

Then episode 5 happened

gently caress, man

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I totally don't remember what even happened in FLCL. Which is a great feeling, now I can go enjoy it again.

Baal posted:

Everything is an endless void
But enough about Bleach's backgrounds

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I finished FLCL. Good show. Hype for seasons 2 and 3.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I started watching FLCL because of this announcement and didn't think too much of it at first

Then episode 5 happened

gently caress, man

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
My biggest concern regarding a sequel series is that rather than recapture the charm and madness that made the show fun, it will be nothing but a bunch of self-referential comedy and meta jokes, because that's what made the show so wacky and cool, right kids?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I think the only reason I ever saw this back in the day was because of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyORHXJsGoI

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Like sure, Haruko has been crashing into a bunch of kids' lives for years leaving behind tears and seaweed eyebrows and is unlikely to ever stop. But why should we want to see her do it again?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

Like sure, Haruko has been crashing into a bunch of kids' lives for years leaving behind tears and seaweed eyebrows and is unlikely to ever stop. But why should we want to see her do it again?

Because I want her to kiss me.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

Because I want her to kiss me.

what you're looking for is a douj, my friend

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I think it's gonna be good and I'm gonna watch it

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
FLCL is coming back because

Naota's graduated university, become a shiftless laze-about (afraid to be) like his dad, and has been improving his control over his Fooly Cooly Brain-Portal to Medical Mechanica's Interdimensional Robotics in hopes that somehow he can bring Haruko back. He does. Hijinks ensue.

I'm cautiously optimistic, and that's all thanks to the promise of more Pillows music. :peanut:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I always looked forward to the ending credits because ride on shooting star is a great song

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Get this: It'll be good

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I just found out who the director for this is going to be and all I can say is that I hope this is more Bayside Shakedown and a little less Psycho Pass.

Cautiously optimistic.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

I always looked forward to the ending credits because ride on shooting star is a great song
I'm with you 100% on that, it's one of the few end credits that I sit through every time I watch.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Raxivace posted:

I don't really think The Big O needs another season. Then again FLCL doesn't really need any more seasons either.

Big O is a show that could used either no new sequels or a dozen. It's premise, aesthetic, tone are cool and strong enough to just do poo poo with.

I have no idea how to do FLCL humor again with girl protagonist or even in 2016.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
How do translate self referential and honest humor about male prepubescence, puberty, and it's relationship to male sexuality again with a female protagonist done by men. Honestly seems doomed to failure.

I hope I'm wrong

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean it could suck with a bunch of guys writing for female characters, but also it would be insanely cool if we got a good show with a female protagonist that's genuine about how girls experience puberty.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I'm not onboard unless they announce Anno as the director. The fact that Tsurumaki is only in an advisory role gives me hope for that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Leroy Dennui posted:

I'm not onboard unless they announce Anno as the director. The fact that Tsurumaki is only in an advisory role gives me hope for that.

why? he wasn't that involved with FLCL

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
uh, hideaki anno is cool, but not really the kind of person i imagine directing flcl

he's very different from the really energetic director kazuya tsurumaki is

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

dogsicle posted:

why? he wasn't that involved with FLCL

Exactly. We got Diebuster from Tsurumaki directing the sequel to Anno's work, so why not have Anno direct the sequel to Tsurumaki's work?

edit: missed usage of "that" as a qualifier

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Leroy Dennui posted:

We got Diebuster from Tsurumaki directing the sequel to Anno's work, so why not have Anno direct the sequel to Tsurumaki's work?.

ahh, that'd be cute. i feel like Anno probably isn't super available due to other projects though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dogsicle posted:

i mean it could suck with a bunch of guys writing for female characters, but also it would be insanely cool if we got a good show with a female protagonist that's genuine about how girls experience puberty.

I am of the same opinion, even if the odds are probably pretty stacked against the better outcome.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle posted:

yeah, that's actually the one part of the whole pitch for season 2 i'm kind of interested in and i really wish it was just going to be about that, and not about answering any questions left by the first season

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Even if the story is garbage it will probably have good music and interesting visuals.

Note: the story will probably be garbage.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Leroy Dennui posted:

Exactly. We got Diebuster from Tsurumaki directing the sequel to Anno's work, so why not have Anno direct the sequel to Tsurumaki's work?

edit: missed usage of "that" as a qualifier

anno is busy with godzilla and eva and depression

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

dogsicle posted:

How guys imagine female puberty

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Kleptobot posted:

I found the possible plot of the sequel on the internets, so take it with a grain of salt:

fingers crossed for yuri

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Hidomi should date someone other than her teacher though

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Wasn't FLCL done by the part of Gainax that left to become Studio Trigger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The Sandman posted:

Wasn't FLCL done by the part of Gainax that left to become Studio Trigger?

Sorta, but probably just as many went elsewhere or to Khara

• Locked thread