Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
My dad played a pretty good trick on me one Christmas eve.

My family normally does presents on Christmas eve as we would go visit other family on Christmas day. The task of distributing presents from under the tree fell to me, being the "youngest" at around 25 at the time. Most of them went to their recipients no problem, and I was almost done when I tried to move one of mine to my pile. It was small and I am big, so I didn't expect there would be a problem. It was trapezoidal and the small dimension was on the floor, so I got a good grip on it. I grabbed it, and moved toward my pile. The present didn't, so I fell down. I tried to move it again, but failed. I assumed Dad had attached it to the floor or some other such trick, because seriously what the gently caress. Dad suggested I try harder, and I did get it to move by lift/scooting.

When I unwrapped it, it was a plain cardboard box. After I tore the box apart (There wasn't an obvious way to open it), inside there was an anvil. A 100~lb anvil. Dad said that seeing me fall on my rear end was worth the hassle of carrying it downstairs (they weren't finished putting in the hardwood floors upstairs) and wrapping it himself. Mom had no idea he got this for me, but was very clear about not dropping it on the new flooring when I left with it, and also that I would not be leaving without it. I bear-hug carried it upstairs and was thankful I drove the truck that day.

The anvil is on an even heavier cast iron table in my garage, and I've actually used it for anvil-related things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread