Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I kinda like this one

http://youtu.be/qLKtm45ux4M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Pomp posted:

i spent too long on this

hazama takin a load on his face in panel 2

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Jotaro is Clint Eastwood.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Funky Valentine posted:

It was really awkward when Jotaro spent a marine biology conference arguing with a chair.

Clint Eastwood was arguing with his stand, [Proud to be an American]

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

He doesn't just fix broken things, he returns them to a previous state. Didn't he do something like return concrete to a liquid state or am I misremembering that?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Enourmo posted:

but english dubs are sacrilege cause jotaro doesn't go "teme" and "yare yare daze" which are untranslatable due to nihongo's inherent superiority as a language

The best translation for "yare yare" is actually "oy vey."

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I love the fact that they made one of the characters into Cyberdwarf。

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

Change every Stand name to the Weird Al parody

Al would probably love it. It's a win/win.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

No

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Housh posted:

Is Okuyasu our new Polnareff? I miss Polnareff :(

It depends if you consider Kuwabara to be YYH's Polnareff or not

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I just now realized that Wammu, Eisidisi, and Kars were allusions to their respective band names. :stare: :doh:

Most fansubs and manga translations didn't even bother using their names and just used the band names. As a result you still have lots of fans calling them Wham and AC/DC despite their actual names are written and pronounced differently in Japanese.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

Dan of Steel.

Dan of Steel is Good.
Coincidentally it's an accurate translation of the kanji Araki used for Steely Dan so it's technically not a complete name change. I liked it before I knew that though.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Do they still make wild berry pop tarts? I loving loved those

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Lol the subtitles say 'Dan of Steel' but you can still clearly hear him say "Steely Dan".

You're gonna be seeing that kind of thing more and more, especially in part 4.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

An animal can be a Stand user; why not an infant?

Orangutans are smarter than babies, which are puny and weak and have no fighting spirit.
Maybe they just figured that if Holly couldn't handle a stand a baby definitely wouldn't be able to.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Baal posted:

I mean they changed Vanilla Ice's name to reference Cool as Ice and even Namco Bandai name dropped in in ASB, there is precedence for it. Not a big deal tho.

Uh actually it is a reference to the real Cool Ice

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Enourmo posted:

To clarify, they were English students in China, as in Chinese natives taking English as a foreign language. If the legend is to be believed, anyway.

It shows in their, shall we say, tenuous grasp of grammar and phrasing. Surprisingly true to events and character, though.

I think that was just a rumor about it and the real story is simpler: Duwang was just translated by a single fan with a poor grasp of English.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I liked Old and Young Joseph's interactions together in Eyes of Heaven. The overall story was mediocre at best but I enjoyed the cutscenes for stuff like that.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The funny thing is that none of the episodes ended on that kind of cliffhanger, though it certainly would have been great if they did.

Edit: beaten

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

no they will not posted:

Zeppeli accepted his fate + Ending "Roundabout" - YouTube

I meant more along the lines of if it ended right before Caesar got hit with Wamuu's last attack

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Honestly, I'm still blown away by Araki bookending Part 3 with Star Platinum catching a bullet and having that be important. It's subtle, but there's no way Araki could have added that without it being intentional.

Wait, when did he do that? I don't remember any bullets in DIO's World

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

https://youtu.be/SJBeFA7KcUY
https://youtu.be/ZTddT0eEJKo

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

As long as I'm thinking about JoJo OPs, I might as well drop this in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjrcjzLxDBk

It seems like a lot of people think this is really bad but actually, it is kinda good

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Unlucky7 posted:

Huh, there is a new character in the ED, in the beginning of the camera pan, just barely out of frame.

Is it who I think it is?

Where are you seeing this? It looks the same as always to me.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Still my favorite exchange from the stardust crusaders thread

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

'Koichi pees his pants'
'Josuke posts a bad opinion'
'Okuyasu does pot'

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The stands are going to be the same lovely cgi that the Japanese use in all of their movies and everyone will be played by Japanese actors regardless of their nationality.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

maybe I need to start watching looney tunes again

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah the thread's kinda becoming a manga reader circle-jerk again.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I don't like tomatoes
I'm gonna eat buttered spaghetti and white pizza tomorrow as countless Italians weep

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

smuh posted:

no but seriously does anyone else hate koichi

no

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Both YYH and DiU have Kuwabara in them

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Where the gently caress are the accents? Old Joseph would be fine if they didn't already have him speaking in an accent at the end of Battle Tendency.
Also lol at the weebs in this thread

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Just watched the episode on TV. The intro is probably the most generic-anime-ish of the JoJo intros but it was good. Ending's the same as last episode.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

YO that surprise at the end of the ending though

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

My first thought after watching the second opening was "why'd they spoil that the blond dudes gonna die" so the manga-reader argument is bullshit

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Koichi's dog is not a Stand.

But he has a stand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0359hSerDeE

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Should have been Killing Queen or Killer King or Ghostface Killah

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I like how Kira passes the group and just thinks "Is that Josuke?" despite the fact that there's a mutated lizard goblin walking right next to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

PiedPiper posted:

Can't Josuke then beat Okuyasu's dad up and reconfigure him into something... more presentable? In the first episode, he transforms bully's face and Jotaro's cap.

That only happens when he's pissed off and I don't think its intentional. It would probably just make him even uglier.

• Locked thread