Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what is Lucas Hood's real name anyway?
Ace O'Riordan
Dennis Mitchell
Guggenheim McFrankenbutt
Hood Lucas
Norman Krasner
This poll is stupid and undermines the thematic point being made by keeping Lucas Hood's real name a secret.
gaaaaaaaaary
View Results

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdn9cTIYxGg

Have you not been watching this show? Because if not, you are missing the gently caress out. My Season 3 thread has a (hilariously outdated at this point) write-up of what this is and why you should be jumping on board this train, but that trailer above -- while just a bit spoilery -- does a solid job of capturing the feel of this show. It's gritty, no-nonsense pulp that has absolutely no equal anywhere else on TV, and though it was originally planned for five seasons, EP/Co-creator Jonathan Tropper (known for, hilariously, the family dramedy This is Where I Leave You) and his team of writers have burned through story so ruthlessly, they discovered there was absolutely nowhere else to go after what they planned for this season. Rather than come up with some ridiculous, harmful reason to keep the show going past a natural end point, they've decided to drop the mic after eight episodes, leaving us with one of the tightest, rowdiest action-thrillers on TV, presuming they can stick the landing (and there's no reason to believe they won't).

For those of you who know better, here's the trailer they cut back in November, and here's a badass 30-second spot they released a few weeks ago. Please notice Miss Eliza Dushku as Special Agent Veronica Dawson, the latest poor bastard Fed to be pulled into the war zone of Banshee, PA (and presumably onto Lucas Hood's dick). Savor it. Because until the reviews start rolling in next week, that is all the new information we have about all the ways it's going loving wrong over the next eight weeks.

April 1. 10 PM. Bring it.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Sepinwall dishes on what to expect. Short version: Likes it almost as much as ever, but is very wary of the serial killer plotline this year.

Alan Sepinwall posted:

It might seem odd to suggest that any kind of violent story can be too much for a show designed to be too much about everything. But as dark and nasty and psychologically tormented as Banshee has always been, it's also been fun on some level, and it's incredibly hard to have fun playing in this particular sandbox. I want to have faith, given everything the show has done in the past — including making me a convert after I was ambivalent about the first few episodes — but watching [those scenes] made me feel as incredulous as Job did when he first learned that his old thief buddy wanted to pose as a small-town sheriff: Yeah, maybe you can pull this off, but why would you want to even try it?

Sepinwall has a noted allergy to those plots in television stories, though -- he just about says as much up front -- so that's not necessarily a bad omen. Besides, a lot of that poo poo will probably be balanced out by what sounds like Carrie becoming Batman.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
IT'S TIME

TONIGHT: Something Out of the Bible

quote:

Haunted by his inability to locate Job, Lucas returns to Banshee two years later, to track down a serial murderer on the loose.

The opener, naturally, is written by Jonathan Tropper. It, as well as next week's episode, was directed by OC Madsen, best known for last season's "Tribal" aka "Assault on Precinct Banshee."

If you want to kill time, tonight's pre-show is the Ryan Reynolds sci-fi thriller Self/less, rolling at 8 PM ET. Not necessarily saying it'll be time well spent -- I haven't seen it myself -- but it'll still be time spent.

Before I go, just for the record, here are some of the other episode titles this season according to Wikipedia. They're subject to change, but I'm tagging them anyway:
  • #4.2: "The Burden of Beauty"
  • #4.3: "JOB"
  • #4.4: "Innocent Might Be a Bit of a Stretch"
  • #4.5: "A Little Late to Grow a Pair"

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 1, 2016

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Aphrodite posted:

So what happened at the end of last season again?

Hood quit, right?

Yeah, Gordon was killed, Job got kidnapped by the people Hood used to work for, and Hood surrendered the badge to Brock -- getting Kai's attention.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Holy poo poo.

This is brutal in a completely different way.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

10 Beers posted:

That would be David Harbour. He was the corrupt cop in the Equalizer with Denzel Washington!

http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/name/name/nm1092086/

Yo The Equalizer was a badass movie with a couple of gnarly Banshee-grade action scenes.

In fact if they can't get Antoine Fuqua back let's just save some money and draft Greg Yaitanes for the sequel.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
There are all these natural questions about whether or not Hood's gonna survive this whole thing and how much of a downer that could be, but I get the sense that death would be a blessing for Hood at this point.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
At the risk of playing Captain Obvious for a second, what's interesting to me is that Rebecca seemed to know exactly what she was walking into, and I think that in and of itself makes it more interesting than your average serial killer plot. Why would she agree to die so horribly, and what does it have to do with Hood?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'm gonna do this now since I'll be out all day tomorrow. This week's episode: The Burden of Beauty

quote:

Carrie embarks on a vigilante crusade; Brock's gaze turns toward Lucas in the serial-murder case.

That night's preshow premiere will be The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, starting at 7:30 ET.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Then this stupid poll was meaningless! MEANINGLESS!!!!!

On the bright side I found out that two of you might be Rifftrax fans.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
The time has come: Job

quote:

Lucas and Carrie make a desperate attempt to find Job and enlist help from Fat Au.

No premieres tonight, but at 5:35 ET you can watch Jackie Brown, followed by Point of No Return (the American La Femme Nikita remake) at 8:10.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hoon Lee retweeted this so naturally I think you'll like it and not find it stupid at all.

https://twitter.com/dannyoneofmany/status/721086721526341632

(Okay, you might, but gently caress it, I laughed.)

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Also it looks like the serial killer isn't Deva based on the last scene.

Surprise, motherfucker, the killer is Carrie's therapist.

Even the mental health professionals in this town are all wrong.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Can't believe I forgot this. Airing now: Innocent Might Be a Bit of a Stretch

quote:

Carrie's up to her old tricks; Bunker goes out on a limb; and another murder shocks the town.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

PaybackJack posted:

I think there's still another swerve coming in the serial killer arc here. Just giving away the Satanists as the killer of Rebecca has got to be a curve ball because if it isn't, why not show them to us in the beginning and build them up for 2-3 more episodes before everyone figures it out. You'd also think the FBI would be know who they are, and they'd be among the first suspects.

There's also the sense, based on the two brief flashbacks to Rebecca's last night, that the MO of Rebecca's death varied from the other three women. She was likely done right there in the woods as opposed to an altar, and as I said before, I can't shake the vibe that Rebecca knew she was surrendering herself. So yeah, I think there is absolutely a swerve coming here.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
It had to be a gang of Satanists because it'd be boring for our heroes to have to beat the poo poo out of one or two serial killers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I just shotgunned the back half of the season this morning.

A bumpy ride, but that finale almost made up for it. Wow.

GobiasIndustries, thanks for picking up the slack after I started letting episodes pile up. Now if you'll excuse me, it's getting real dusty in this room...

• Locked thread