Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I got a chuckle out of Batman managing to find his way on the cover of Action Comics. Where's Dick Grayson ending up? Nightwing again? Still Secret Agent Man?

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Barry is Silver Age. Wally represented the modern age 80s-00s.

He was saying Wally was sacrificed to bring back the Silver Age aka Barry Allen aka MY CHILDHOOD WAS BETTER THAN YOURS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

SonicRulez posted:

I got a chuckle out of Batman managing to find his way on the cover of Action Comics. Where's Dick Grayson ending up? Nightwing again? Still Secret Agent Man?

He was saying Wally was sacrificed to bring back the Silver Age aka Barry Allen aka MY CHILDHOOD WAS BETTER THAN YOURS.

Nightwing again with the black and blue costume

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

SonicRulez posted:

He's back as Nightwing in his 00s costume

quote:

Oh :(

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Are they going to announce the teams for the Fall books or will they save them for comic con? I want to know who's writing Blue Beetle, Suicide Squad, and Earth 2.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Barry is Silver Age. Wally represented the modern age 80s-00s.

They are only keeping wally black to promote the tv show.

Yes, that's my point. Wally got sacrificed to make Barry the One True Flash again. Replacing New Wally with Old Wally would just be appeasing a slightly different set of fanboys.

I wonder, though: will they ever address the fact Barry erased his own children & grandchilren from existence?

Edit: Beaten like Barry Allen should have been for Flashpoint.

Ferret
Oct 9, 2003
I'm so torn. It's lovely that Marguerite Bennet isn't writing WW as was originally rumored.

On the other hand, Rucka is back on the book, and that's pretty cool.

Also, looks like Supes+WW is gone for good. That's a shame.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yes, that's my point. Wally got sacrificed to make Barry the One True Flash again. Replacing New Wally with Old Wally would just be appeasing a slightly different set of fanboys.

I wonder, though: will they ever address the fact Barry erased his own children & grandchilren from existence?

I hope not. Move forward instead of dredging up some past event comics and rolling around in their horrible implications.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Yvonmukluk posted:

The difference is though Black Wally has only been around a year and a half and I dont think has a single fan. They should quickly bring back old wally and no ones the wiser. This is the perfect opportunity.

The whole flash continuity is a mess BUT there is a rumor that Earth 2 is now the Post-COIE earth so Wally and Barry's Grandchildren might be alive on that earth.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Ferret posted:

I'm so torn. It's lovely that Marguerite Bennet isn't writing WW as was originally rumored.

On the other hand, Rucka is back on the book, and that's pretty cool.

Also, looks like Supes+WW is gone for good. That's a shame.

Supes + WW and Batman/Superman got merged into the Trinity book.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Does Simon Baz still pack heat and is the Squirrel GL still going to be in the book?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Harley Quinn - Usual w/ movie hair
Suicide Squad - Rob Williams

Green Arrow - Ben Percey
Red Hood & The Outlaws - Scott Lobdell
The Hellblazer - Simon Oliver
Deathstroke - Christopher Priest
Batman Beyond - Dan Jurgens
Teen Titans - Ben Percy
Blue Beetle - Kieth Giffen
Super Sons - ???
Justice League of America - ???

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 26, 2016

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Harley Quinn - usual
Suicide Squad -

Suicide Squad was already confirmed, it's Rob Williams, Jim Lee, and also I guess Philip Tan

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Teenage Fansub posted:

Harley Quinn - usual
Suicide Squad -

Suicide Squad better include Rob Williams and Jim Lee.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Why are they making a big deal out of who Joker is? He's the guy who killed Bruce's parents it was even in the first movie!

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Suicide Squad is basically movie version without Tats and thug outfits. Killer Croc, Deadshot, Katanna, Harley.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Red Hood & Arsenal!! Lobdell!!

And wow, Christopher Priest on Deathstroke

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Scott Lobdell is back YAAA BOOOIII. CHRISTOPHER PRIEST IS WRITING COMICS AGAIN???

OMG TERRY MCGUINNESS IS BACK.

TED KORD OMGGGGGGGGG

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Superman should be AMERICAN not australian

Geez Superman's new boots make him look like a Nazi

Alucard Nacirema fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 26, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wonder who they can't announce for Super-Sons.
That'd be a weird one to get someone shockingly famous on.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I sort of assumed Gail Simone would be writing either the Batgirl or Birds of Prey book. Odd person to let slip away considering she's currently working with Vertigo. And I wonder what that Hickman tease was about? Either he's writing JLA or Johns is, I guess.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hickman was goofing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait, Ted Kord is coming back?

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Uhhhh most of these teams kind of own so far????

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, Ted Kord is coming back?

Oh HELL no, please tell me they're not just getting rid of Jaime Reyes outright. Or did they do that already?

Someone put Linkara on suicide watch.

Edit: I am a dum-dum, thankfully Jaime lives. Now if only they can roll back his entire New52 characterisation up to this point...

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 26, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh HELL no, please tell me they're not just getting rid of Jaime Reyes outright. Or did they do that already?

I'm not sure, someone in the thread mentioned Ted Kord but that doesn't look like Ted Kord in the image so I'm confused.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Double post somehow

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Yvonmukluk posted:

Kord is mentoring Jaime.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I guess The Super-Man is now New Superman, but what about Gotham Academy? That went unmentioned, right?
Was there anything else missing?

e: Earth 2 wasn't there.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 26, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Teenage Fansub posted:

I don't know, that sounds like the sort of book Morrison would salivate over.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

New Superman/Chinese Superman is not continuity I'm guessing

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah there are definitely some books missing. Seems like they rolled out their big guns and the smaller stuff will be saved for later.

But drat some of these teams look amazing. Greg Rucka on Wonder Woman, Giffen on Blue Beetle, Williamson on Flash, Orlando on Supergirl are especially books I will look into grabbing.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Superwoman, Gotham Academy, Justice League (no America) and Supersons appear to be the books that didn't get creative teams announced.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

Superwoman, Gotham Academy, Justice League (no America) and Supersons appear to be the books that didn't get creative teams announced.

Superwoman did

We just don't know who Superwoman is.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Lois?

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Teenage Fansub posted:

I suspect this is less "can't announce" and more "don't actually have a creative team lined up".

I thought Super-Man was supposed to be a Lex Luthor book?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Teenage Fansub posted:

Superwoman did

We just don't know who Superwoman is.

Kina looks like Lucy Lane's getup without the mask.

Any clues to the Birds of Prey lineup yet?

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Any clues to the Birds of Prey lineup yet?

As in the characters? It's Batgirl, Black Canary, and Huntress.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Darth Nat posted:

As in the characters? It's Batgirl, Black Canary, and Huntress.

Aw, no Cass or Steph?

Also, apparently Earth 2 & Gotham Academy are trucking on regardless of rebirth, according to Newsarama's liveblog of the press Q&A. Guess 'Earth 2 is now the post-Flashpoint Earth' rumour was wrong.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Aw, no Cass or Steph?

Cass and Steph are both on the Detective Comics team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My happiness with the revival of the classic Kid Flash costume, which I like a lot, is at odds with my disappointment that the black guy has kid in his name. Also, Damian in the Titans suuuuuucks. The past few years of Tim-led Titans did too, but that wasn't his fault. :( Might read anyway.