Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
I feel like DC is honeydicking me with that Blue Beetle book. On one hand I REALLY want a Ted Kord book by Keith Giffen but on the other I hate Jaime and I hate that if I purchase the book and help sales go up Didio can tell his bosses "see I told you people really like this jaime character we created!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Dacap posted:

Nightwing again with the black and blue costume

Sweet. I like that more than the red and black thing they did with all the Robins in New 52. When does this thing roll out/when do I need to buy yet another Nightwing #1?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rewatching the stream, Jordie Bellaire is coloring David Finch on King's Batman.
That's so weird.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hopefully Midnighter shows up in Nightwing...

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
If you listen carefully there was a lot of hints of REAL Wally coming back. When they talked about the Flash the writer mentioned some stuff spinning out of Rebirth and Geoff Was like "we can't talk about that because its a big spoiler" and then when they were talking about the Titans book Geoff and the writer said the same thing again. Also there was that silhouette in the teaser of someone in a Kid Flash style costume but they had spiky-ish hair not like the character they showed today.

Also from the Q&A with Geoff:

quote:

12:02
Johns stressed that they're not going backwards, they're incorporating things that were lost into the present.

12:02
There's a scene in the DC Rebirth where Ted Kord takes Jaime on as a pupil in a chapter called "Legacy."

12:01
"It's looking at every single thing we love about Blue Beetle, and deciding which parts of that we want to use."
12:01
Johns talked about bringing Ted Kord back, saying "every single book is a Rebirth."

12:00
Johns said that "story is the most important" aspect of comics.

Alucard Nacirema fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 26, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

Hopefully Midnighter shows up in Nightwing...

I prefer Midnighter not be so flaming, honestly. Gay characters are written too much like the straight fear of gays incessantly sexually harassing you too much.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I am so unbelievably into the teams for Hellblazer and Deathstroke.

Moritat is a national treasure.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Keith Giffen with double Blue Beetles sounds like a dream come true, guess I'll check it along with Snyther's extra run of Batman and probably Tomasi's Superman and Rucka's Wonder Woman.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Keith Giffen with double Blue Beetles sounds like a dream come true, guess I'll check it along with Snyther's extra run of Batman and probably Tomasi's Superman and Rucka's Wonder Woman.

I just hope they share the book and it isn't just Jaime is the hero and Ted Kord is his alfred hanging out at the house who he chats with while off duty.

I want Ted in the field kicking rear end and hopefully even some "times past" style stories with only Ted back in the glory days as stand alone issues.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

I prefer Midnighter not be so flaming, honestly. Gay characters are written too much like the straight fear of gays incessantly sexually harassing you too much.

I don't see what this has to do with hoping the character is in a comic book. I don't see a Midnighter solo book and I don't want him to just disappear.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Is the Christopher Priest who is writing Deathstroke THE Christopher Priest who wrote legendary runs on such characters as The Black panther and got so frustrated with the way African Americans were treated in the comic industry that he vowed to leave and never come back at the end of the 90s? If so, why isn't this a huge news story? It's a huge win for DC to get him.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Who the hell is Liam Sharp?

Man, why you gotta hate on Rucka?

I was being snarky because Rucka has the most obvious "abused housewife" relationship with DC that i've ever seen. This is like his third big "return to DC comics" and it's not going to be the last.

Alucard Nacirema fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 26, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

I don't see what this has to do with hoping the character is in a comic book. I don't see a Midnighter solo book and I don't want him to just disappear.

Because that's been Midnighter's main interactions with Dick Grayson up to this point.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I hope Midnighter continues to be Dick's main strategy against enemies.

"gently caress it, throw Midnighter to them".

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Well, there is a lot to like here, even if there is dogshit like Justice League.

I cannot be any more excited than Rucka/Scott Wonder Woman origin story. I cannot. I am peak hype.

Big question I have, is... where is New 52 Superman? Okay, Action Comics is specifically pre-Flashpoint. The cover of the Superman title is obviously the same character, too. You gonna tell me they are going to co-exist? When we've also got Asian Superman as well?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It would really be better for everyone if they just rolled Morrison's t-shirt Superman into that Superman's past and just pretended New 52 Superman never happened.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Revol posted:

Well, there is a lot to like here, even if there is dogshit like Justice League.

I cannot be any more excited than Rucka/Scott Wonder Woman origin story. I cannot. I am peak hype.

Big question I have, is... where is New 52 Superman? Okay, Action Comics is specifically pre-Flashpoint. The cover of the Superman title is obviously the same character, too. You gonna tell me they are going to co-exist? When we've also got Asian Superman as well?

I think more than likely they are going to merge into 1 character. Like Hawkman did in Zero Hour.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Darth Nat posted:

Cass and Steph are both on the Detective Comics team.
But that's not really a team, that's just the Batman Family. They can pull double duty! Plus I've not really been all that impressed with B&R Eternal.

Alucard Nacirema posted:

I feel like DC is honeydicking me with that Blue Beetle book. On one hand I REALLY want a Ted Kord book by Keith Giffen but on the other I hate Jaime and I hate that if I purchase the book and help sales go up Didio can tell his bosses "see I told you people really like this jaime character we created!"
Why do you hate Jaime? He's awesome, and for the entire pre-Flashpoint run was nothing but respectful of Ted & his legacy. New 52 Jaime was awful, there's no denying that, but Jaime Prime? Awesome.

Alucard Nacirema posted:

If you listen carefully there was a lot of hints of REAL Wally coming back. When they talked about the Flash the writer mentioned some stuff spinning out of Rebirth and Geoff Was like "we can't talk about that because its a big spoiler" and then when they were talking about the Titans book Geoff and the writer said the same thing again. Also there was that silhouette in the teaser of someone in a Kid Flash style costume but they had spiky-ish hair not like the character they showed today.

Also from the Q&A with Geoff:
Oh for god's sake...you do realise if there's going to be any 'real' Kid Flash coming back, it'll be Bart, right? Not Wally? Beause there's no way they'd bring him back as Kid Flash. Unless they are willing to push Barry aside (not bloody likely with Geoff Johns running the show), Wally is not coming back. The best we can hope for is Wally getting a happy ending like Earth-2 Superman at the end of COIE. Which sucks, but the alternative is just doing the exact same thing DC did already - sacrificing a character to bring back one you prefer.

Edit:
Oh drat, looking at the press Q&A, it seems like Didio nearly did say Rebirth was 'The New 52 done right'. if not in those exact words. He's definitely stating there were fuckups. Although I'm not sure he wouldn't count the erasure of Oracle or the original Wally West in that.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 26, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Everyone talks about how boring Hal is but I feel the exact same way about Barry. Replacing either of them with Kyle or Wally isn't just nostalgia, it's objectively better. Barry was mainly the Flash in an era of stilted dialogue and characterization, he was never anything special and no one's made him anything special since.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
God damnit, Percy is still on Green Arrow.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I like Titans a lot because it's more 60s Titans than New Teen Titans, which I don't like. Wish Kid Flash was there too instead of Damian's TTs, but whatevs. New guy looks cool.

Ferret
Oct 9, 2003

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Supes + WW and Batman/Superman got merged into the Trinity book.

I was talking specifically about their romance, which was pointedly not talked about at all as far as I saw.

Maybe they'll pick it up again in Trinity, though!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ferret posted:

I was talking specifically about their romance, which was pointedly not talked about at all as far as I saw.

Maybe they'll pick it up again in Trinity, though!

The Superman/WW romance was the most forced thing. Not once at any point did they come across as having any actual feelings for each other. Hopefully it dies an ignomious death and Superman can reunite with his one true love Bruce Wayne

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pretty much every Rebirth costume is a ridiculous loving improvement over the previous costume. Some are even better than the originals.

Poor Titans got smacked with the Brett Booth hammer though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh hey, Black Canary/Green Arrow is going to be a thing again?

But I guess the writer hasn't been very good?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Aphrodite posted:

Oh hey, Black Canary/Green Arrow is going to be a thing again?

But I guess the writer hasn't been very good?

I loving hate Werewolf stories. Why does Green Arrow have a 6 month long god damned Werewolf story.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

I talked about Ben Percy's Green Arrow a bit in the previous thread. He's got some good ideas, he can write a good scene, and he's really good at building tension, but it's clear as day that the dude is not from a comics writing background and his storytelling ability is super choppy. He needs a stronger editor, which he might be getting since Andy Khouri, the guy behind pretty a few of best books in DCYou, is taking over editing duties for that one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Veg posted:

I loving hate Werewolf stories. Why does Green Arrow have a 6 month long god damned Werewolf story.

That reminds me when I bought X-Men #1 a few years ago thinking it would be a place to jump in (I was naive) and it was a drat vampire story.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Also Ben Percy is bringing back motherfucking Wild Dog. He's alright in my books.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

"Red Hood & The Outlaws," shipping in August, will be written by Scott Lobdell with art by Dexter Soy. Bizarro and Artemis, of the Amazons, will join Red Hood for what Geoff Johns called a "dark trinity."

:dance:

I'm going to miss Roy but the idea of Jason leading an edgy version of the Trinity is too good to pass up. With Lobdell at the helm and Soy on the art, they only need to ditch the STUPID Destro helmet and we're golden.

Ferret
Oct 9, 2003

Semper Fudge posted:

Pretty much every Rebirth costume is a ridiculous loving improvement over the previous costume. Some are even better than the originals.

Poor Titans got smacked with the Brett Booth hammer though.

That Gleason(sp?) Superman is loving dope. Looks like they didn't go with this one specifically, though? The cover art shows red belt and blue boots.

I love, love the WW armor. Best thing to come out of BvsS.

How about that Huntress!?! Not sure who did the design, but that is probably her best look ever.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

:dance:

I'm going to miss Roy but the idea of Jason leading an edgy version of the Trinity is too good to pass up. With Lobdell at the helm and Soy on the art, they only need to ditch the STUPID Destro helmet and we're golden.

Is Artemis related to Wonder Woman? I pretty much only know her from Young Justice. You're right, though, this is hella cool. I'll miss Roy but am glad Starfire is still gone, and Bizarro on a team book is a wonderful idea.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Ferret posted:

That Gleason(sp?) Superman is loving dope. Looks like they didn't go with this one specifically, though? The cover art shows red belt and blue boots.

I love, love the WW armor. Best thing to come out of BvsS.

How about that Huntress!?! Not sure who did the design, but that is probably her best look ever.

This Superman design is for the pre-reboot Superman, not the New 52 one.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Semper Fudge posted:

So we're having two Supermen running around? That is a pretty interesting premise.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So we're having two Supermen running around? That is a pretty interesting premise.

Been that way since Convergence. I really do not get the point, I hope they hurry up and merge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That Black Canary suit is dope as gently caress.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Finally made a stupid OP, here's my pics (discounting JLA, Superwoman and Super Sons which have next to no info, and Gotham Academy which may be dead.)

#1. Superman.
B&R team plus Mahnke is too beautiful.

#2. Batman
It'd be #1 if Finch wasn't on it.
For only getting one Tom King comic, it'd better be real good.

#3 Wonder Woman
Doy.

#4 All Star Batman
Mini stories with cool artists might be a good fit for Snyder.

#5 Action Comics
Sounds weird. Some sorta continuation of Lois+Clark? I'm in.

#6 Supergirl
Orlando's got me for Midnighter.

#7 Detective Comics
I'm always for a weirdo team-up, with two of the members it's a little close to the thing that killed off Batwoman, but Tynion's making Batman and Ninja Turtles work.

#8 Batgirl
Love Albuquerque. Don't know Larson, but a new voice could be great.

#9 New Superman
I hated his Superman comics, but this might be Gene Yung's real deal. I hope so. There might be a good new character in there.

#10 Suicide Squad
In for Rob Williams.

#11 Batgirl: BOP
Give it a shot.

#12 Deathstroke
Don't really know Priest but I'll try it on his reputation.

#13 The Hellblazer
Only read Last Gang In Town from Orlando. Didn't like that, but I'll try this. Moritat's great.

#14/15 Justice League/ Green Lanterns
I interested in those GLs. I'll try em.

e:

ee:

Semper Fudge posted:

Dropping the beard was the worst idea.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 26, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

All of those costumes rule so much. The only thing I don't love about this relaunch is David Finch on Batman and Cassandra's costume. Looks like when Hawkeye was 'Ronin' for a while. I want some bat ears or at least a cape. I was sure they'd go somewhere with the bat she drew on her face in blood over in B&RE. Grayson is my favorite book DC is doing right now and I am one thousand percent ready for Tom King to write Batman.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

WickedHate posted:

Everyone talks about how boring Hal is but I feel the exact same way about Barry. Replacing either of them with Kyle or Wally isn't just nostalgia, it's objectively better. Barry was mainly the Flash in an era of stilted dialogue and characterization, he was never anything special and no one's made him anything special since.

That's because the same is true for Barry. Bringing them back was just the inmates running the asylum. The guy who grew up with them as his Flash and GL decided that if he was in charge, they would have to be Flash and GL again. Barry is like Jason. They do so much more for the universe by dying. And staying that way.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
All that hype and rumors for Wally and it turns out it's just the new version that no one likes showing up in everything. Hooray. Yippee.

Anywho the only news I'm actually really excited about is Rucka on Wonder Woman. That's a good one.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Let's be honest, replacing New Wally with Old Wally is motivated by the kind of thinking that got us into this mess in the first place.

RIP Original Wally West, sacrificed on the altar of Silver Age Nostalgia.

Here's hoping they can at least tell not poo poo stories with the New Wally. They eventually managed it with New 52 Batgirl, after all!

I'm sorry I don't remember a half asian Barry Allen who's really good at math but has incredibly strict parents showing up and dicking around with Wally while he was The Flash. Tell me how this is the same situation.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
What if the new RHatO is good and everyone here likes it?