Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DC Universe is up. It seems bad! Like maybe they should have waited a few more months to launch it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DC Universe added most of the Batman movies today. For some reason no Rises. It's super weird what's being omitted currently. Like Death of Superman is up, but a bunch of the older animated movies are missing. Mask of the Phantasm and Mystery of the Batwoman are there, but no Sub-Zero. It's kind of baffling.

Also if this thing where it seems like they still expect you to pay for old comics even with a sub is true they can get hosed.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The comic selection right now is crap and if they don’t plan on marvel unlimited levels of back issues I won’t be renewing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Norwegian Rudo posted:

They don't and it's never even been suggested that they are.

They’ve been incredibly vague about the comic poo poo. If the current plan is selling them then why am I paying them every month? The tv and movie selections are also woefully incomplete so surely it’s not that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s.....insanely dumb.

I honestly can't tell who this app is for.

If it's for casual fans then not having stuff like the CW shows and "new" movies (seriously they didn't even put Dark Knight Rises up with the other Batman stuff) is going to make it useless for them.

If it's for hardcore fans then not having a comic library similar to Marvel Unlimited, and missing a ton of older video stuff (no Smallville, no Shazam show, none of the old animated series other than super friends, etc.) makes it useless for them.

It feels like it's trying to serve two different masters and has no purpose or identity because it's failing at both. Honestly they should have made either a really good video service or a really good comic service, not a half rear end thing that does both badly.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

In regards to CW poo poo, they have a 5 year contract that started in 2016 that I assume has an exclusivity clause originally intended to make sure Hulu and Amazon Prime wouldn't have that poo poo, but ended up shooting WB in the foot.

I think DC Universe is going to live or die on it's original programing, so, yeah, they're hosed unless Titans is way the gently caress better than it looks.

Shouldn't at least season 1 of Arrow be up then?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I was a big idiot and did the pre-order thing so I'll give them this year to turn poo poo around. But if they really want me to give them money every month to be able to buy comics from them they can gently caress right off and won't ever get another cent from me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I love Bendis in general but Superman is such a weird fit for him I haven't even bothered reading it yet.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The entire point of the Superman bit in Kill Bill is that Bill is totally wrong, too. So doing it in a comic with Superman himself saying it is double dumb.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

^burtle posted:

Zoe Quinn is the writer though?

Yes. I liked the first issue quite a bit. It's definitely got a bit of the previously mentioned first time writer syndrome with the early exposition dumps, but it was still interesting. I'm excited to see where it goes now that we're into the meat of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

X-O posted:

So Green Arrow is cancelled. While Ben Percy was writing it I think it was consistently the best book from the Rebirth relaunch. Nothing since has been bad but it just got kind of boring when the Bensons were doing it. Lanzing and Kelly have been better so I'm sad to see it go. I imagine it's getting relaunched in a while. Probably as Green Arrow and Black Canary.

Make a new Lantern/Arrow series, you cowards.