Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Lol the rushed color job to try to salvage that Ivy cover. Can't wait for that issue to ruin my favorite character even more so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Thranguy posted:

What does that even do? Is it going to be Plastique now or something even though they've already established Ivy as one of the dead?

Only thing good in the month looks like Dial H.

People got upset that they changed her costume to show off her boobs for her dead body on that cover(there were a bunch of cover leaks), so like 3 days before solicit announcements they have someone plaster a coat of dark green on it, darken the overall colors, and call it a day. Despite the fact that it's still a dead woman put in a pin up pose.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Heroes in Crisis is about mental trauma and surviving it. Not for heroes, but for readers.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Also Donna's confessional may be the one I hate the most. Hijacking a character as a mouthpiece for you to poo poo on the character is so obnoxious. Thanks, King, you're the first one to point out how Donna's origin is hosed up because asinine writers like you only define her by her origin being messed up. All of that in the sordid package of a lovely understanding of archaeology and history to boot.

Like the point of these confessionals is about these characters airing their traumas and Donna's trauma is...not even a thing. It's a loving reference to poo poo that happened two universes/reboots ago. "A confusion between two old storytellers who got mixed up," -- who the gently caress is Donna referencing? I mean, I know King is referencing Haney being confused by Wonder Girl not being a separate character, but what is Donna saying from her point of view as a character?

It's fourth wall breaking nonsense without any strong themes or storytelling or character insight attached to it. Just baby's first Donna Troy opinion shoved out of Donna's throat.