Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Wilson thing has probably been in the works for a long time, and it wouldn’t be hard to change the dialogue as plans change.

I thought it was a good issue, and really enjoyed the Joker with Mime and Marionette. “It hurts when I smile.” is such a good line, I can’t believe Johns wrote it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I don't know how true the rumor is, but Bendis on Superman doesn't seem to be lighting the world on fire like DC probably hoped.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Only Waid and Morrison really care about the vegetarian thing. Makes sense though.

Superman, Robin, and Animal Man should team up.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

How does Batman like his steaks?

How much prep time do they need?

Brian Azzarello wrote a scene in Broken City where Bruce discusses cooking steaks with a detective. Maybe someone has that handy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I'd read those comics. E&C's angry hypothetical comics sound fun.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Edge & Christian posted:

Maybe comics fans really are dumb. Or Panglossian to an unhealthy degree.

I don’t know what that word means, and I assume that proves your point. You’ll be rich!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I just want to enjoy comics, man. They don't always make it easy.

I don't like talking about the real dire stuff. You won't see me trying to find the bright side of the Titans show.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

They mention that this time it's different because there's only six of them.

Also, there's a 7S omnibus coming out this month.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I thought those were the names until I got to the third one.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Madkal posted:

Has Elvis every been incorporated into a Shazam comic before because I think that would make for a great cameo somehow.

Captain Marvel Jr in Kingdom Come is called King Marvel and looks like Elvis. Geoff Johns had Captaib Marvel Jr quote a Elvis song in Teen Titans.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

That preview was handy.

"No Jasons" We're allowed to have one. I'll be the one, unless you'd rather have JT.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Isn't that and old idea? Like Metro is NYC during the day and Goth is NYC at night?

Right, but making it an Elseworld where they're in the same city could be cool. I'd take it one further, and say that Superman loses his powers when the sun goes down, so he relies on gadgets and a bat costume at night. Lois thinks Superman is a dweeb, unlike that sexy Batman.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I wonder if Poison Ivy will show up in Heroes in Crisis after her arc in Batman

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They should've gotten a faster artist for Doomsday Clock, all the delays have killed all the momentum the series initially had.

I'll accept delays for Gary Frank.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Latest issue of Batman was really solid.

Anyone pick up the Walmart books? Bendis Batman was a pretty fun, Bendisy story, and King’s Superman was pretty emotional for a Walmart book. No gut punches pulled there.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Tom King writes a good Superman. His story in Action 1,000, and the first part of his Walmart story are worth a look.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Don’t know how to imbed tweets, but Tom King said that Trump seems to act like he’s being manipulated by a foreign power to sabotage America. Said it’s similar to the way he would “run” insurgents in the CIA.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Neurosis posted:

My read on that is he's going for a pulpy feel (more of a hunch since it's not quite smacking us in the face with it and we don't have tons to go off yet). A lot of plot and weird imagery without tons of explanation is consistent with pulp sci-fi. The colours and art kinda feed into that impression, too.

I really enjoyed how weird it was.

Also, two aliens are thwarted by green food. Limes get the size changer at the beginning of the issue, and guacamole exposes the shape changer that’s after Hal.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Mitch Gerads crammed in a bunch of Earwolf podcaster cameos in the final issue Mister Miracle.
First preview page here: https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/11/the-curtains-close-in-this-exclusive-mister-miracl.html

There's Lauren Lapkus, Paul F Tompkins, Scott Auckerman, Adam Scott, Paul Scheer and the rest of the How Did This Get Made hosts.
Also Dan Didio, Jim Lee, King and Gerads. Can't ID the rest.

edit: MM editors above Didio and Lee. The guy above Scott Auckerman kinda looks like C.B. Cebulski?

Awesome. Anyone else get the Mister Miracle shirt that finally shipped from Diamond last week? I’m wearing mine for the first time today, and I’m quite happy with it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I think DC overhyped it and I expect it'll read better as a part of the completed run.

Yeah, it reads just fine outside of the hype. Batman is systematically getting his life taken apart, and the Penguin of all people is going to help him.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Man, it’s like they’re teasing you with Flashpoint Batman and Skeets, and will explain their motivations when they do more than stand in the background. And since it happened on the last page of the latest issue, we’ll probably find out how Penguin can get a couple henchman to blindly follow orders to kill themselves.

Getting them to kill themselves wasn’t to endear himself, it was to show that he still had some degree of power or control.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Wasn’t there a Hush cover with Joker wearing that?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I just want to see what’s next for Mister Miracle. Him and his family are going to escape because they won’t let sleeping dogs lye.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Cassa posted:

No? It was a while back, but there was a Wally issue where a random bullet touched his skin, and he immediately went into super-speed without even realising it. So y'know sneaky hammers would clearly work.

If the Flash was consistently written he’d be an untouchable speed god. Every problem would be solved in a picosecond.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

chaosapiant posted:

So after reading most of Snyder’s NU52 run (which I actually loved) and all the classic Batman graphic novels (TDKR, year one, killing joke, long Halloween etc) I’m finally reading Morrison’s run of the character. I got vol 1 of the Morrison Omnibus and...holy poo poo I love it! I adore the way Morrison writes both Batman and Bruce. So far I’m just getting through the Batman and Son portion but it’s so well written and the artwork is stellar. I haven’t read King’s take on the character for the Rebirth run, but are there any other authors that make Batman as interesting as Morrison does?

Tom King is right up there with Morrison to me.

I’m excited to hear more about your read through of Morrison’s Batman. That’s a really good omnibus, and was worth double dipping after owning the monthly issues.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Wilson on Wonder Woman.

DC is loving stacked right now. I don’t read much DC, but they have a murderers row of top talent on their books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I think one time Luthor says that it's better to invite the Joker than have him find out that you didn't.

That’s was in Infinite Crisis. You let the Joker play in your Injustice League.

Unrelated, but it’s kind of awesome to have Tom King Batman, Grant Morrison Green Lantern, and Geoff Johns Shazam all on the same day.