Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Semper Fudge posted:

First Look at Covers:

Getting kind of excited here guys.

FLEX MENTALLO.

Count me even more in than I was before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
In the grand scheme of things? Naturally, it didn't really matter since Convergence happened right on its heels, so the multiple universe concept got used in a different kind of direction and Multiversity is its own little higher-dimensional corner of the DC multiverse, and then DC You happened, etc.

I think there's going to be a Multiversity Too though, so that should follow the events of the original in some manner.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The thing it bothers me the most about Superwoman is that pretty much we just saw the same idea on the Truth and the Super League arcs. It makes me feel like those two arcs were just a colossal waste of time and unecessarily shitted all over N52 Supes.

Assholes :argh:

Oh well, this is what I was expecting for

:frogon:

Huh. Okay, sure, I'll bite for once.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I misread that as "Supersona" and was like "what kind of new character creation meme is this"

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Black Deadshot got bitten by a radioactive bullet. That's how.

And yeah, great Batman minus the serious dropcrotch.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Jiro posted:

Barry is dragging a lot of silly string and or webbing with him it seems.

Also turn Barry into a new Parallax and have him try Zero Hour again. If he's gonna be trying to be everywhere trying to do EVERYTHING, which wasn't that Superman's thing, you might as well slowly turn him into Parallax and have Hal Parallax team up with him. Then they can attempt Zero Hour^2!

Par-Hal-lax and Barrallax.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Now I want to know who the DC counterpart is to The Splendiferous Spider Hero.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Furthermore the top left bit of the D seems to be making too much contact with the circle.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
poo poo, I thought those were supposed to be weird muscular arms on the crossguard.

I'm staying the hell out of that other thread and the rest of this forum then. I like my surprises.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm sure Tamaran or STAR Labs or whoever could minimize the tech easily, but I'm laughing at Starfire's weird half-palm-size bolt-head tech compartments.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Mildly considering going to the event at my local shop tonight to properly read the issue, but I'd need to have to pick them up tomorrow anyways since I can't be out late.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Dang, I hadn't considered that.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Isn't Thanks Mister Black Guy on Earth-2 now or something? Or, wait, I remember him showing up in futures end, but I forgot after that.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Endless Mike posted:

This is my favorite part.

The insets do a better job of communicating youth in looks.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

muscles like this? posted:

Are they really doing another Green Lantern from Earth? How do they even justify it at that point?

In JL 50 they don't even really explain. Even in comic the existing lanterns are like "ok but why".
E:f,b

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
poo poo, bud. I guess he runs the store now. It was nice while it lasted for you!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Norns posted:

I hope they put Watchmen stuff in every book

It's gonna be like Pandora in every #1 way back when.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Sidenote on Batman Inc stuff, is it just me or was the cyberspace issue basically Digital Justice 2.0

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Detective No. 27 posted:

Rebirth sale on New 52 Detective Comics and Action Comics. I've read through Action, but haven't touched Detective. Any of the arcs worth getting at that price?

At the very least, there's a quick two-parter I quite liked from a few months back showing Bat-Gordon cooperating with the Justice League and acting as the humanizing element in that world; if you're into that sort of thing plus the requisite 'detective out what's going on' beats, I'd recommend it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

JoshTheStampede posted:

Sounds more like a violet or indigo thing.

yes here is my pitch for an erotic indigo tribe parody where instead of "nok" they say "cock"

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Best issue of 2016, calling it now

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I just have a soft spot for DC comics universe corporate tie-in comics like the time the Craftsman Bolt-On System saved the Justice League

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Rhyno posted:

New Super Man #1 was actually really good with a totally unlikable lead character and I can't recommend it enough.

From the reactions here, I went in expecting a racist caricature bullyfest, and... was actually pretty entertained. I was interested in the different take from the get-go in the previews a while back, and I'm sure I'll keep with it for some time at least.

But come on, DC. Where the hell is the (rest of the) Great Ten? I think the last I remember of August General in Iron was in the JLI annual, but I think that's it for their members that I can recall. I have an odd soft spot for non-NA-based hero teams.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'll be jumping on the Red Hood choo-choo as well and I think the element I'm most looking forward to will be Bizarro. Can't quite place why but I'll see how this all turns out.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Semper Fudge posted:

good lord in heaven, Garth Ennis is writing a Dick Dastardly comic.

Is it going to be an offshoot of the Wacky Raceland comic?

WickedHate posted:

Prediction: His real name will be revealed to be Bob Smith, and Dick Dastardly is a nickname he picked up in college.

In Wacky Raceland it's actually shown as "Richard d'Astardlien".

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Well, it wasn't all that bad. I got a chuckle from the blatant characterization books on the last page though.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

TwoPair posted:

Hey, Nick Fury can do it, and he's got rockets on his!

(I apologize for comparing Jason Todd to Nick Fury)

Yeah, but he's got a lit cigar and a lack of a shirt. Automatically superior.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I've used Imgur on other topics and haven't had any problems (aside from a signature not being shown because previewing apparently unchecks the option to show the signature, but that's not a matter dealing with forum-Imgur interactions).

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Teenage Fansub posted:

Suicide Squad preview. http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/suicide-squad-rebirth-1-dc-comics-2016
New Logo's odd. Wonder if it's supposed to be blood or lipstick.

e:
Are... you okay Mr. President?

I can't help but feel like "SQUAD" should be a little lower down. Also if I had to choose one of those two, I'd say lipstick since there's not really any dripping, just a kind of blur effect, but I'm also inclined to think "spray paint".

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Die Laughing posted:

I'm shocked Batman still has that rear end ugly logo. Who thought that was a good idea worth keeping around for five years? I'm irrationally angry about comic book logos.

When the logo was first announced Pre- or mid-Flashpoint or whenever, I made the decision to only ever type it as "bATMaN" and I've stuck to my guns for... uh, literally years now, I think I can say.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Aphrodite posted:

Like the Young Avengers one. That one had numbered areas to make it easier though.

I recall that there was a sequence or two in Pax Americana that did the "atypical movement through the space of a page" thing, and that/those were more understandable than the instance under discussion here.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Aww, god drat it @the Prez thing.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
New Super-Man #2: I am delighted that The Great Ten are acknowledged as still existing in some capacity.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Teenage Fansub posted:

They featured in that Final Days of Superman storyline, along with Dr. Omen.

Ah, I hadn't been reading that.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Chinaman7000 posted:

I think the super-man art is all over the place. Kenan looks like a fat boy in his first panels, the same time he's saying "yeah I'm gorgeous and built". Then bat-man looks like a brick house while being called fat. But some panels are really emotive and effective in between.

And then there's one fella in the group that Kenan's dad is with whose facial features look... oddly shifted around to show them all at the angle his head is at.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Sure, Supes, I'll fist bump you as long as you don't destroy my hand.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I missed an issue of JLA I think. Last thing I remember was Supes biting the big one. But then I guess he got better so he could have a significant death.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

FilthyImp posted:

Boners like that really, really make me appreciate Valiant comics' approach to storytelling.

And yet Venditti is also one of the core writers in current Valiant with X-O Manowar.
Though I guess the pooch-screwing could be chalked up to DC editorial stuff?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

X-O posted:

Both of his Valiant books are fantastic and he wrote one of the best events I've ever read from any company in Armor Hunters so I'm guessing if his DC work is lacking it's probably not just his fault.

Yeah, X-O Manowar has been great, but I don't think I ever felt all that hot on his Green Lantern work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Spoiler: no but this sets up the chance for bizarro to be redeemed and take revenge on black mask who wronged him