Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

lotus circle posted:

What it comes down to is DC doesn't want anyone to be Batgirl but Barbara, and I think it has a lot to do with merchandising/branding. The thing with Robin is they almost all look the same, with maybe a couple costume variants for Tim and Damian, but the three main Batgirls all look distinctly different.

They've already been sticking with Barbara so long, she's the "Batgirl" in the eyes of the majority public (most of who don't even read comics I bet) so they're afraid to take a risk and push Stephanie and Cassandra more.
I guess that's why they wanted Misfit to take over from Cass (to the point it took an impassioned letter from Gail Simone - who created Misfit - to explain why that was an awful idea).

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

To be fair to Johns, he made GL one of the most important players of the DCU during his tenure on the series. DC squandered that potential after Johns moved up of course, but that is neither here nor there.
He made Hal Jordan, the Worst Green Lantern, one of the most important players of the DCU. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU