Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I read up on Doctor Fate and man, there are a lot of incarnations, including the requisite extreme 90s one. Was the last series good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I have to choose between the last two trades of Snyder's Nu52 Batman and the two Midnighter trades for the BOGO sale, which should I pick?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Midnighter it is!

I'm getting Joe Kely's JLA run, too, plus the Ellis run of The Authority.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
My officemate told me to read Mister Miracle as he claims it's absolutely incredible. True/false?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What is so bad about Rebirth Trinity? I really like Manapul but could it be that bad? (well apparently he's also writing it and I've always known him as an artist)

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
With the DC sale, I've been thinking of getting some trades of the Nu52 Detective Comics run, specifically the ones with Manapul's art and/or the Gordon Batman period. Are they at least decent?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Ah drat, I'll just get Pak's Action Comics run then!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I like Manapul not just because of his art, but also because he's half-Filipino. There's a good number of Filipino artists working for Marvel/DC, hope they do some creator-owned stuff too.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is the Bizarro mini (2015) good?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What is so bad about the Rebirth Justice League comic? How do you screw up a Justice League comic? I heard it gets better, but it started out real bad and no one recommends it?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit: It's incredibly easy to make a bad Justice League comic. What's the 'good comic' percentage since say, Joe Kelly JLA? 15% generously?

I read JLA after Kelly and it was okay, the Claremont/Byrne vampires storyline was weird and mediocre, and there were some arcs that were dedicated to the Red Tornado, and some Legion people mixed in (I distinctly remember a panel where Karate Kid hits Batman and says "I just gave you a hernia", I didn't think they were awful, but pale in comparison to the good ones (Morrison's run).

Trinity was (is?) also bad, right? Was it the awful kind of bad or boring, waste of your money kind of bad?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Madkal posted:

Trinity was boring for the first half and mediocre for the second. The worst part was the dialog in the first part which had either Batman, Wonder Woman or Superman keep mentioning the word trinity over and over and over again. It had the subtlety of a neon pink sledgehammer.
The second half was a mediocre "elseworld" story.

Shame, I really like Manapul, I read Nu52 Flash because of his art, but maybe he needs to take writing classes?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is Bendis loving up Superman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Hello! I wanted to post this in the questions thread, but it's kind of a big question. What big events have happened in the DC Universe since Rebirth? I'm not updated on any series but I'd like to be, it's just that there are quite a lot of books to follow, some of which were launched after Rebirth Day 1 (I'm thinking of reading Steve Orlando's JLA but I'm not sure what I should read prior). I knew of Superman Reborn, The Button, Doomsday Clock (is it still running?), and the Heroes in Crisis event which a lot are quite mad about. Have there been any interesting developments/updates to characters (in before Ric)?