Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I hope Midnighter continues to be Dick's main strategy against enemies.

"gently caress it, throw Midnighter to them".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I loved Superman #2. Superman as a dad is so good I don't know why they took Chris Kent away years ago.

If Batman can have a bunch of kids, why can't Superman?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

bobkatt013 posted:

Does that mean that Damian was in line for superboy training?

Oh now I want stories with Damian and Superman, it would be the opposite of Nightwing and Superman stories because I doubt Damian would be a Supes fanboy.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

It would be weird if they recognize each other, isn't Wally 10 years younger and Clark 10 years older than the last time they saw each other?

Bah who cares, Post-Crisis reunion!

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

X-O posted:

That's what I thought. I'm trying to think how he could tie into Oz in some way. Maybe Oz has him locked up with Doomsday and Tim.

Conner will make Tim remember the old continuity and become best bros again while they escape.

I just really liked their dynamic :smith:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

X-O posted:

Detective Comics

“Tell Conner you’re sorry”

“Conner, who the hell is Conner?”

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Hopefully this means he will return too. His Pre-N52 version.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I don't understand what was wrong with Wolfman's origin in "Who's Donna Troy?", kinda convoluted, yeah, but better than the mess of retcons we have now.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

bobkatt013 posted:

It got hosed by the crisis. They decided that Wonder Woman would be coming to the mans world in the present day, so she never could have rescued donna and brought her to the island.

Oh riiight, I forgot about that.

Man, I love Crisis on Infinite Earths, it's a mess but a beautiful mess, but it did ruin a ton of stuff.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Hellblazer187 posted:

So, here's another question about Batman!

How did Jason become like, part of the family again? I remember when he first came back he killed a looooot of people. Now I see he's just there chilling with Dick, Damien, and Duke at like fast food places or the manor. Just treated as any other old former Robin. Did New 52/Rebirth erase the fact that he killed hundreds of people as Red Hood? Was there some sort of 'come to Jesus' (where Jesus actually = Batman) moment for him? Or do they just not address this at all?

There was a come to Jesus moment at the end of Death of the Family that they immediately ignored. Then Jason just started appearing with the rest of the Batfamily and now nobody questions it.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

bobkatt013 posted:

He deserved to die true or false?

False :smith:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

So I love Tom King's Mister Miracle and I like the character in general, but I have a question about him, when did he learn that the Highfather was his dad? In New 52 the pact was made when he was a child, but in the original continuity he was only a baby, and in King's run he even says he doesn't know his real name.

Did anyone show him learning who is father was, or he just knew off-panel?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I have a question about Mr Miracle.

In N52 The Pact was made when he was a kid, but in Kirby's original story he was only a baby and grew up in the orphanage as any other child in Granny's "care". When did he learn that the Highfather was his dad and the nature of The Pact?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

The bat stands for a bat :allears:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anything funny in the Spanish dialogue from today's JL?

It's funny how broken it was.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I love how in Mister Miracle King and Girard maintain the tradition of Darkseid sitting on someone else's chair

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Didn't they announce a new Super Sons book for the new children's imprint?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Roth posted:

Those are stand alone graphic novels, and not ongoing series'.

Awww man, I'll miss Supersons then.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Please no, Jon is the best thing to happen to Superman in years.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Yay Jon is alive!

Hopefully he stays that way.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I can't believe that DC marketing department made me thing that the wedding was actually going to happen instead of going for my first instinct of "nah they will never so this"

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Only good thing Jason is for now are scenes where Ace is stealing his jacket or dumb stuff like that when he's with the rest of the Batfamily.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

That's not even a katana!

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

But whyyyy

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For what is worth, the Rick name came because Dick and M'Gann were trapped in an illusion where they were characters in a film with Dick's character being named Rick.

Also, because this is the internet someone did the math on those Damned panels and found that Bruce is a 4 incher. The more you know.

Not following Titans, but do they call him Dick outside that illusion?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

So it seems that Young Justice will be on main continuity? That's cool, but also weird because last time we saw Tim he was old enough to enter college, and seems much younger in Young Justice.

Oh well, doesn't really matter, characters age and de-age all the time on comics.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I like his Superman take. Don't really care about the Big Bad Monster That Is Stronger Than Everyone but besides that it has been fun.

I want the Kents to be all together soon tho.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Pretty sure the amnesiac arc will end up with Dick recovering his memories and saying something along the lines of "My name is Dick" or something like that.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I just hope that when Nightwing tries to use that pistol he ends up throwing it like a boomerang because he doesn't know how to use them.
Oh that wasn't Dick. I'm not following that comic but someone showed me a picture and I thought it was Dick.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Isn't Lois only using that suit because it's armor to protect her from cosmic radiation or something like that?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

The new Robin is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Teenage Fansub posted:

Jon Kent is now Superboy Prime

:cripes: