Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I stand by my dread that this is gonna suck even worse for Harley. They're divebombing her so hard, and I thought being Girlpool was as bad as it could get.

Love the new Superman costume tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
God I hope the Justice League lineup will finally not be absolute garbage.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Tim Drake! As Robin, not Red Robin! The stars have aligned in my favor.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Alucard Nacirema posted:

It says Red Robin right on his costume. Look at the circle.

Well...poo poo. At least it's still mostly the classic costume.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I've learned to live with Damian by pretending he's Dick and every panel he's in is set in the distant past.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Barry is Silver Age. Wally represented the modern age 80s-00s.

They are only keeping wally black to promote the tv show.

They're saying bringing back old Wally because he's "our" Wally is the same thing as bringing back Barry for nostalgia.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My happiness with the revival of the classic Kid Flash costume, which I like a lot, is at odds with my disappointment that the black guy has kid in his name. Also, Damian in the Titans suuuuuucks. The past few years of Tim-led Titans did too, but that wasn't his fault. :( Might read anyway.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

Hopefully Midnighter shows up in Nightwing...

I prefer Midnighter not be so flaming, honestly. Gay characters are written too much like the straight fear of gays incessantly sexually harassing you too much.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

I don't see what this has to do with hoping the character is in a comic book. I don't see a Midnighter solo book and I don't want him to just disappear.

Because that's been Midnighter's main interactions with Dick Grayson up to this point.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Everyone talks about how boring Hal is but I feel the exact same way about Barry. Replacing either of them with Kyle or Wally isn't just nostalgia, it's objectively better. Barry was mainly the Flash in an era of stilted dialogue and characterization, he was never anything special and no one's made him anything special since.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I like Titans a lot because it's more 60s Titans than New Teen Titans, which I don't like. Wish Kid Flash was there too instead of Damian's TTs, but whatevs. New guy looks cool.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

:dance:

I'm going to miss Roy but the idea of Jason leading an edgy version of the Trinity is too good to pass up. With Lobdell at the helm and Soy on the art, they only need to ditch the STUPID Destro helmet and we're golden.

Is Artemis related to Wonder Woman? I pretty much only know her from Young Justice. You're right, though, this is hella cool. I'll miss Roy but am glad Starfire is still gone, and Bizarro on a team book is a wonderful idea.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So we're having two Supermen running around? That is a pretty interesting premise.

Been that way since Convergence. I really do not get the point, I hope they hurry up and merge.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
What if the new RHatO is good and everyone here likes it?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Is Rucka good or bad.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That's basically how it was with Hickman's Avengers, except they were technically different books.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

So watching the Rebirth panel that I missed earlier and... uh... I kinda really like what the new writer of Cyborg had to say about the book. It sounds like a cool take. I will actually check out an issue or two after hearing him talk about it. If DC actually makes me give a gently caress about Cyborg then anything really is possible.

I don't know how I feel about the world getting yet another cybernetics eat the soul story, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Harper Row is the most redundant character ever.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Goddamn it, we've all been fools! All this time he's been Johnny Carson!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
No, it's pre-Flashpoint Wally, to sell us on the new one.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TwoPair posted:

I will eat a Roy Harper Trucker Hat™

Would you be willing to :toxx:?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gaz-L posted:

Huh, that's almost clever in how it gives a way to put the genie back. Clark and Superman can literally be in the same place at the same time without tricks, so how could Clark be Superman?

Obviously.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TFRazorsaw posted:

Lois Lane Red and Lois Lane Blue.

Electric Lois Lane.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The Joker tricks Superman into killing her and their unborn baby.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
God, it's the 90s all over again.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Harley Quinn is a trans girl and DC needs to make it canon.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Yes, but only if they make the Joker a trans man. And Batman a trans man. And Gordon.

SJW turnin' everyone trans.

One hundred percent down for that.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Bloodlines is a cool concept and I'm glad it's getting a reboot that'll hopefully do it better than the first time.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If she didn't look like a RealDoll most comic geeks wouldn't recognize her.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I honestly cannot tell if you're aware I was joking and rolling with it or think I was in favor of/advocating the terrible way she's drawn on that cover and are being sarcastic.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 26, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
To be fair, it almost seems like DC actively tries to keep the only characters anyone cares about white guys. Roll back all the legacy heroes and make your one important PoC a random Teen Titan who has no business being on the League? Great idea :rolleyes:

SonicRulez posted:

Speaking of, as someone who refuses to read Green Lantern, where is John? Are him, Guy, Hal, and Kyle doing space things while the newbies join the League? Why would the Justice League ever need two Green Lanterns?

Why would you only want one guy on the team with the most powerful and versatile set of abilities on the planet? At this rate the Earth GLs could start their own League and put every other super hero out of business.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 26, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Vixen.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Tumblr-616 would totally remember hitting Jane and bring it up constantly.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I know what you mean I'm just giggling thinking about yourfavengerisproblamatic.tumblr.com

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I never liked the original Legion, at least not as engaging fiction. They make for some hilarious panels.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

TTG had the most annoying opening music imaginable

Hey, kids loved that opening. I know because I was like...seven, at the time. (I literally squealed when Nightwing showed up that one time)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

But when you go to revisit it 10 years later you wonder what the hell was wrong with you as a child.

Nah it still rules.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

You made it almost a whole week before you made a bad post.

I'm too much of a weeb to not love everything about it's semi-cringy faux anime set up, and that includes the Japanese pop stars.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hawkgirl & Dove

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
TTG is a huge example of hit and miss. It's got some pretty nice gags here and there but it's mostly aggressively mediocre.

TwoPair posted:

I can't believe I'm agreeing with a WickedHate post but I guess this is the hill I die on.

I can't believe people are only just now acknowledging who I am. I didn't even get a single "welcome back"! Pretty rude, yall.