Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Last time that jinxed you so I just let it slide. I didn't expect your next downfall to be over loving Teen Titans Go.

Wait, are we talking about the original Teen Titans cartoon or the new(er) one? I don't even remember what Go's intro theme sounds like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Marvel and DC's constant relaunches really has hosed with us. Used to as long as a book kept selling it never got reset. A story ends, a new one begins, new creative team or not.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

redbackground posted:

I just wanted to that I definitely do not own more than one Puffy AmiYumi CD, nope, no sir, ha ha!

Did you watch their cartoon tho. That was a surprisingly good cartoon.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

redbackground posted:

Whatever this amounts to, it's still has to be better than Barbara/Tim in the Arkham games.

Yeah, everyone knows Tim is in love with Conner.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I couldn't get past the red outfit.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I like the red outfit more than the blue. It was a great way to have a thematic connection between all the robins.

But Dick isn't Robin, he moved past it, he graduated. He's his own man. Besides, Robin is supposed to be the light counterweight to Batman's dark, and so his red is always light and kind of peppy. N52 Nightwing looked like a snarling blood red vampire.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So is Jason and Tim.

Yeah but I don't think Tim ever should have stopped being Robin either, and Jason being the Red Hood is coincidental, not an intentional thematic thing.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

greatn posted:

I want a time traveling Bruce Wayne plucked from history the moment before he and his parents go in the alley, to be Robin. He is returned with his memories erased of course... OR IS HE

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Jason is Right about Everything and in a fair and just world he'd never gotten killed and essentially developed into a mix of himself and Tim. Then there'd be no other Robins, ever.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
He tries his best. :(

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Toxxupation posted:

It also helps that Red Hood is basically best bros with Red Robin this entire series and he's downright likable considering he's "just" a total prick instead of a sociopathic monster.

As bad as RHaTO could be most of the time, he's never really been a monster. He's just an action hero character instead of a traditionally superhero kind.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I like D_T because even when his opinion sucks he puts a lot of thought into whatever he's talking about regardless of if I agree or not. It's respectable. Dude is just as sometimes dumb but really engaged fan, as are we all deep down.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

He once equated FICTIONAL Jason Todd's death with real world rape.

Alright, I hadn't seen that, but that's pretty goshdang bad.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Jason is better than any version of Batwoman. It goes Tim>Terry>Dick>Jason>Barbara>Cassandra>everyone else>Flamebird

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Why are her breasts banana shaped?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh yeah, that makes sense. I saw a thing he did of Reed Richards all lantern jawed like a typical 60s man of science and action, and it just did not work imo.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Batwoman would be way more interesting if she wasn't a Batfamily character.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Wheat Loaf posted:

I don't know, I think that's about right for Silver Age Reed. Of course, not having seen the picture in question, I don't know if that's what he was going for.

You're not wrong, and it was a tribute to Kirby, but I'm not big on Silver Age Reed. Never been much a fan of the pulp aesthetic.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It exists. Thanks, Carmilla.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

Kate is barely a Batfamily character. Her being in Detective as part of the crew is an extremely recent and unusual development, she's been completely independent since 52 and in fact rejected Batman's offers to join Batman Inc. and work with him on several occasions.

Exactly my point, she shouldn't be Batwoman and she probably shouldn't be in Gotham either.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I dunno, the Steel movie didn't have Superman in it. :D

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
There's no topping the original Authority, let it rest in peace.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ooh, I'd hang this on my wall. Hope the series is good, got burned bad on Red Hood/Arsenal.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I read through the run and didn't personally like it outside of the costume and art style, though it's certainly better than Simone's at any rate. Probably an example of style over substance but I respect what the creative team was trying.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Wally was already sidelined by the time Flashpoint happened.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That's just following it to the logical conclusion and I can respect that. Inconsistent bizarroing bugs the hell out of me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is gonna be interesting to see how Lobdell handles this new Bizarro in RHATO

For completely inexplicable reasons, he'll have his galactic evildoer characterization from Superfriends.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
You're not wrong, it's all dumb, which is why I think Bizarro should just talk normally. But if you're gonna do the reverse speech, you gotta commit. Otherwise it's just lazy.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

Lobdell am best writer in all of comics

I think you mean Lobdell am not best artist on none of movies. :colbert:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
As a fan of Jason, I'd like to see him given to fresh hands. Counting multiple series', it's kind of inexplicable Red Hood has lasted so long, let alone with the same writer.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

If ain't broken

Realtalk, some good moments aside, I can't say Lobdell's run has been nearly good enough all the way through that I wouldn't give it a brand new creative lead. Well, one I like, at any rate. Tynion's interlude was the nadir and possibly the worst thing to ever come out of the New 52(yikes).

I...guess it's hitting the mark with it's audience, though, given your praise and the baffling fact that it still exists.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Shiny Ponyta kid would have been better.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Batman: Continues to be monumentally stupid and try hard. King does write a good Alfred and Gordon (although to be honest Snyder set the bar so low with Alfred that is hardly an accomplishment) but his Bruce is cringeworthy and irritating. I was hoping that King would change my mind about him with this series but nope, he's delivering the mediocre work I was expecting from him. A shame really, I'd liked to add Batman to my pull list again.

Batman is only good like, 25% of the time. Too overexposed, too many books, too many writers wanting a go at him. It's like the video game crash of the seventies, except people eat it up because Batman is Batman.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

King on the other hand has Bruce pulling a lot of idiotic stunts that only serve to say "Look, Batman is loving awesome!" like lifting loving Solomon Grundy with one hand or pulling his usual vanishing act on Gordon just to have actual superpowered characters comment that they can't find him anymore with their powers. That kind of character shilling is ridiculous.

You're not wrong, that's pretty dumb, but to be fair to King that's a real easy pratfall for writers of Batman to stumble into.

Toxxupation posted:

Man if there's one thing Tom King is known for it's delivering mediocre work. You know, at the same time he's putting out one of if not the best comic being published in any form. That guy. That Tom King.

I like Vision too but even the best writers drop the ball sometimes.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Fairer, though I still don't like Grayson. Haven't read Omega Men yet. I really should.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Teenage Fansub posted:

That is a ridiculous moment stretching credulity. Luckily he's writing a comic book.

Come on man, there's a suspension of disbelief.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

If Batman doing a sweet ninja vanish breaks your suspension of disbelief you have no business reading Batman

Batman doing a sweet ninja vanish is cool. Batman doing a sweet ninja vanish just to make the people with super powers feel impotent while Gordon lectures them about the mighty perfection of Batman they just don't understand is not.

It's not the actual event that's a problem, it's how it fits into the narrative and how it's written that bugs me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If someone is reading a Batman comic, they probably already think he's cool. I don't need to be convinced. It's like how people write Aquaman, or used to write Kyle. There are other, less hamfisted ways for him to get the better of them.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Gotham humor. Very dry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That needs to go in the PYF Schadenfreude thread, just for making me imagine what Original Writer must be thinking. :allears: