Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Lois Lane Red and Lois Lane Blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Looking at the synposis for the Superwoman series.

Are they REALLY ripping off Jane Foster's Thor that blatantly?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Madkal posted:

I don't have time to read comic books as I spend all my time following the personal lives of my least favourite comic book creators.

god, what's Dan Slott doing right now?

He'd better not be having an enjoyable afternoon...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Heh, he's being an rear end about Suicide Squad on Twitter.

Dangit, he is enjoying himself!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

fadam posted:

Did KGBeast appear in a lot of stuff before showing up in ASB? I've read a ton of Batman over the past year or so and I've yet to see him anywhere.

I imagine BVS and Arrow have slightly increased his profile.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Norns posted:

So how do you want the Joker portrayed?

Well first of all, we start to have his efforts to kill people fail

And then we focus on how he can break and influence people psychologically

save the part where he causes people to actually die for significant moments

also have him throw a drat pie or something

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Norns posted:

Pie would be a solid plus I agree

So really y'all just want the Snyder out of joker?

It's not just Snyder. This is an aspect of his character that has slowly been infesting his character, and nay, the villain communities of most major comic publishers in general

Think about how many supervillains in the Big Two have body counts in the double digits

Murder is an overused plot element that has long since lost its teeth as far as superhero comics go.

EDIT - I mean, it's not DC, but we live in a reality where at least three members of Spider-man's rogues gallery are freaking cannibals. God drat.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 10, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The best Jokers are all the animated ones, when you think about it.

Yes, even the one voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so Reginald Hudlin continues to be the loving worst.

https://www.newsarama.com/35770-dwayne-mcduffie-s-widow-sues-milestone-media-over-being-cut-out-of-revival.html

quote:

Milestone Media is being sued by Charlotte McDuffie, the widow of the late co-founder Dwayne McDuffie. According to Los Angeles county court filings obtained by Variety, the widow is suing the company and its officers for "Breach of Fiduciary Duty," "Aiding and Abetting Breach of Fiduciary Duty," "Intentional Interference with Prospective Economic Relations," "Fraudulent Conveyance," "Civil Conspiracy To Commit Fraudulent Conveyance," and "Accounting."

McDuffie passed away as a result of complications from heart surgery in 2011 at the age of 49. In 2015, Hudlin joined Milestone Media to sprearhead a revival of the company - and announced a partnership with DC Entertainment soon after. According to Hudlin, the idea for Milestone's revival came out of a conversation which occurred during McDuffie's wake.

According to McDuffie's suit, the deceased owned a 50% stake in Milestone Media with co-founder Derek Dingle owning the other half. Court documents say that Dingle, Hudlin, and and co-founder Denys Cowan founded a new company - Milestone Media Company LLC - and began using the original Milestone Media's intellectual properties.

"The individual defendants here - Reginald Hudlin, Denys Cowan, and Derek Dingle - have engaged in reprehensible conduct following Dwayne McDuffie's untimely death," reads the lawsuit. "The beneficiaries of McDuffie's estate are his wife, Charlotte, and his 78-year-old mother, Edna. Hudlin, Cowan, and Dingle have literally stolen from McDuffie's widow and elderly mother, while pretending to downplay their theft as just 'two years of legal paperwork.'"

The suit alleges that the McDuffie estate entered a formal tolling agreement with Milestone in April as a means to settle the dispute, but the filing of this lawsuit infers that was unfruitful.

I feel like DC has some cause and responsibility to flex some authority here, and that they act in support of McDuffie's relatives. This is appalling.