Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Having Tom King and David Finch on Batman is like saying "I have an awesome present for you. Also gently caress you!"

From the creatives announced I'll be checking out Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, Action Comics, Wonder Woman, New Superman, Supergirl, Trinity, Flash, and maybe Super Sons depending on the team. But I'll probably be keeping those twice monthly ones on a short leash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

Trinity is so tempting because I really liked his Flash, and even if the story sucks, it'll be fuckin' GORGEOUS.

And the other artist is Clay Mann who has was killing it at Valiant before he went DC exclusive.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So they're doing alternating monthly stories huh? That's actually not a bad idea.

WickedHate posted:

Is Rucka good or bad.

Neither. He's great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's going to piss off some people really bad that odd and even number issues of the book are telling different stories. And that makes me so happy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I actually really like Lois and Clark, and I've never been a big proponent of Jurgens (outside his art on Superman which I loved in the '90s). Maybe it's just that I really don't like the N52 incarnation much and having this version back makes it artificially better. But I'm looking forward to his Action Comics dealing with that Clark, Lois, and Jon.

EDIT: Man I just read that whole Rucka post, man he sounds salty as hell about a company he's working for again. Also it seems his Black Magick book is going on hiatus for a year because of this. So if you like that book sorry I guess!

X-O fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 27, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So watching the Rebirth panel that I missed earlier and... uh... I kinda really like what the new writer of Cyborg had to say about the book. It sounds like a cool take. I will actually check out an issue or two after hearing him talk about it. If DC actually makes me give a gently caress about Cyborg then anything really is possible.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

What happens to N52 Lois?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

Superwoman?

Didn't someone say that was a new character?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The DC June solicits confirm that both Superman and Action Comics are about the Pre-N52 Superman. So I'm guessing that N52 is just Clark now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HitTheTargets posted:

How has Injustice weathered the storm of DCYou and Rebirth totally unscathed? No offense to the guys who make it, but come on. It was one game, five years ago. It's like there's a lack of fairness in the world or something.

I know that thing is in "Year 5" but there's no way it's actually been running for five years has it?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Fairly hyped so far. We reached out to DC asking for some promo posters to help us draw attention to this, hopefully we get some cool stuff. I've also started a REBIRTH order form so people who are interested and easily order the books.

Knowing your customer base it's probably being well received except for any title with a woman or minority in the book or working on the book.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bleeding Cool has some info on the Rebirth stuff. This one caught my eye.

quote:

Imbued with the powers of Superman, Lois Lane pledges to use her powers to protect Metropolis as the new Superwoman. The only problem is, Lois’ new powers are killing her, and neither she nor her friend and confidant Lana Lang know what to do about it. Will Lois even survive long enough to find out the deadly secret of ULTRA-WOMAN?

APPEARING IN: SUPERWOMAN written and drawn by Phil Jimenez

STATUS QUO SHIFT: From star reporter to superhero!

WHY THEY WEAR THE SHIELD: To continue the legacy of Superman and make the world a better place!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/11/its-official-lois-lane-is-superwoman-in-dc-rebirth/

Hmm. The love interest of the superhero gets his powers but they're killing her? That seems awfully similar to another title going on right now in another company.

Also, The Super-Man has a terrible costume: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/11/new-super-man-to-join-justice-league-of-china-more-dc-rebirth-details/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I actually don't know which franchise that is.

It's pretty much the plot to the current Thor.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

More people should be reading Legend of Wonder Woman. It's really good guys.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well Superman is the old Superman again. And Batman always was the one where everything actually happened to him. Well depending on who you asked at what time of the day you asked them.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I never would have imagined ever saying this a few months ago, but who at DC do we have to kidnap and force to give Max Landis a monthly Clark Kent comic for Rebirth? I don't even need any Superman in it. American Alien is just too good to be a limited series.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think these are all superior designs. Except maybe Aquaman. I'm not sure you can really do anything with his costume.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I much prefer the blue boots if the underwear on the outside goes. And the underwear on the outside should definitely go.

Teenage Fansub posted:

You could do this with it ;)

That's just a drawing of the He-Man Battle Armor Damage figure I had when I was four years old.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Listen, I don't really care for Green Lantern stories at all so I'll admit up front I have no clue about the character in question, but is there even a half decent reason the one Green Lantern still wears a ski mask and has an actual gun? Because that just seems stupid.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I wish they would let whoever is doing the Sugar and Spike part of Legends of Tomorrow do a full comic with them. I'm not buying an $8 book for a small story I'm interested in among several others I'm not, but every time I see panels of it somewhere I get tempted. I saw one panel where they go to Superman Island and that's the kind of book I would like to read.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is the new Kamandi Challenge going to be like the old one in that the creative team is going to purposely write something difficult for the next team to get out of? Because that's the best part of the DC Challenge concept. If it's just a regular story with different creative teams there's not really any fun in that.

lotus circle posted:

I'm almost certain when that anthology hits the trades, the stories will be properly split into their own separate trades because they all together make up 6-issue stories. It's a shame DC just doesn't have a market for these niche titles right now, as DCYou proved.

I hope so, I will instantly buy the trade based on only the few pages I've seen posted.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's some new costumes not drawn by Jim Lee. Man I love that Superman costume.

Superman by Andy Park

Batman by Howard Porter

Green Lanterns by Alex Garner

Green Arrow and Black Canary by Steve Skroce

X-O fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 4, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Travis343 posted:

Jesus Christ that Black Canary looks like a realdoll. I like that Batman though, who's the artist?

I edited the artists in. I meant to add them in the first place but forgot to go back after pasting the links in.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

That guy luckily isn't the regular artist on Green Arrow or Birds of Prey.

His Green Arrow looks fine. His Black Canary is quite unfortunate.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

What could go wrong with putting Bryan Hitch on a book? What indeed?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JoshTheStampede posted:

How do comics companies not realize that double shipping is never a good idea?

E: Especially double-shipping one of three Batman books.

Yeah, DC double shipping like half their books is easily one of the dumbest decisions I can think of and will probably keep me from checking out some books I might have otherwise.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Those shoulder pads don't look any less dumb on Green Arrow in the comic than they do in the show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't think he's dying, I think he's losing his powers and just becoming Clark Kent while the Pre-N52 Superman who has been living on N52 Earth since Convergence becomes the actual Superman.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, American Alien is definitely its own thing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is that an Electric Red Superwoman in the background? How many Super people is DC going to have now? And I thought the amount of Spider people at Marvel was getting out of hand.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

New logo is better than the current one, but still worse than the last few by a fair margin.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

DC needs to grow a pair and design a new Superman logo. That one is a classic but it's dated as hell.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

You're a monster.

I'm just showing you what the reckless stupid notion you brought up could, and most likely would lead to.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's an ad of an ad. I don't really see the point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Between this and Johns not writing any of the new DC books this is a good day.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I just saw some giant spoilers for Rebirth on Twitter. So be careful where you look.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah don't post any of that stuff here. Because what I saw was pretty huge.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Avoiding Bleedingcool will probably be good for me anyway :)

When they find out it's going to be up immediately I guarantee you. Because it's going to g a toooooon of hits.

Dexie posted:

Is there somewhere we can talk about Rebirth or do we need to wait?

Because I'm staring at this spoiler and I don't even know what to think.

People's heads are going to explode. Both in good and bad ways.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's a thread now, go there and keep it out of here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's the Rebirth redesigns for the Titans.