Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Edge & Christian posted:

There's an actual line in it where Superman and Wonder Woman comment that Harley is "as good as you are, Batman" and we know Batman can beat anyone so

Ooof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I went looking around for some panels of this Harley nonsense when I found something even dumber.

Hey Tom, thanks for your completely worthless contribution here to the "Is Clark or Superman the act?" debate. Stop trying to be so clever, I thought maybe you were on Nightwing but everything I read from you since then has made me think maybe not so much.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah just because Tom King said it doesn't make it relevant to this thread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've heard positive to mixed reactions to Batman Eternal from people but I don't think I've really heard much of any positive reaction the Batman and Robin Eternal.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

We're very closely approaching a certain block of text that still to this day should not be posted. That rule precedes me as mod.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno is revealed as the true villain of BSS as he made a thread advocating the return of Barry Allen. Rhyno you are dead to me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

A MAN CAN CHANGE

At least that does settle things that I am responsible for it. When I claimed such previously I was called a fibbing fibber.

Edit: I wanted Barry back before we knew it would be so terrible!

Nah. Wanting Barry back is a bridge too far for me. Let's not even get into the part where you said you were happy Geoff Johns brought back Hal.

You disgust me!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Posting pages written by Lobdell probably should be a bannable offense. Exposing other people to that kind of writing can't be good for mental health.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Also, unless the changed it, The Living Tribunal is dead.

That was back way before Secret Wars. He's appeared in a few things since thing. Most notably Ultimates2 from Al Ewing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Batman is looking at the reader like "Yeah, I know. I'm embarrassed too."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Covok posted:

I heard Batman the Damned #2 ends on a big rape scene. It upset some people on the r/comicbooks discord. No idea if true, but I believe it.

So, trigger warning to those planning to read Batman the Damned #2. I'm mentioning this unironically, I'm not the type to ironically say "Trigger Warning."

I've seen the panels posted elsewhere. It's real gross.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Edge & Christian posted:

To be fair the scene is Harley Quinn Dressed as Joker drugging and attempting to rape Batman, but then a drugged Batman rages out and strangles her to death while Harley does some Azztastic "NO MEANS YES" wordplay

Bill Finger is looking down with pride I'm sure.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jiro posted:

I haven't read it yet, does he get Batman in the sense that he needs to be miserable in order to be Batman? :v:

https://twitter.com/tomtaylormade/status/1072361113327726593

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jiro posted:

Yeah, I'm an idiot. :smith:

Tom King was the guy that did the increasingly bonkers run on Earth 2 right? After Robinson departed.

That was Tom Taylor. The Superior Iron Man Tom.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I was excited for that book until right now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeesh, we're now in a timeline where Scott Lobdell's solo writing is preferable. Weird.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So Green Arrow is cancelled. While Ben Percy was writing it I think it was consistently the best book from the Rebirth relaunch. Nothing since has been bad but it just got kind of boring when the Bensons were doing it. Lanzing and Kelly have been better so I'm sad to see it go. I imagine it's getting relaunched in a while. Probably as Green Arrow and Black Canary.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That is exactly the kind of book I’d expect someone like Mark Russell to do. Can’t wait till people start unironically posting it in the Funny Panels thread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Someone I follow retweeted this and I am so happy I'm not reading this terrible book.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Batgirl and Harley. I'm not sure why Batgirl thinks that Batman only thinks of her as pathetic and broken but it's Tom King so I guess that's what he thinks everyone thinks of everyone.

I'm also not sure why again someone is trying to hold Harley Quinn up as a some potential bastion of goodness. That feels really weird.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I dunno why anyone's worrying about the Batgirl pages when in the same comic,
a)Booster and Blue Beetle fistbump and recite their personal code: "Bros before heroes."
b)Lois is introduced in the issue with a full page pin-up shot in her undies
c) King makes a dopy Watchmen joke or tribute where Superman telling Batman and Wonder Woman that Lois published an article on Sanctuary 35 seconds ago.

Those all sound bad.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I liked the Black Canary part of Heroes in Crisis.

What happened here? I'm almost afraid to ask. I'm holding out hope for a Green Arrow and Black Canary ongoing to replace the recently cancelled Green Arrow. I'm now fearful for her life.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wait she's in the Sanctuary too? Or was that implied that she left. I thought everyone there but Harley and Booster were murdered?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well ok, at least that means she survived. So thank goodness for that at least.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I love how it's 2018 and all anyone can do with Batgirl is Killing Joke references.

I'm lying. I don't love that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

On what world is Clay Mann just a "competent enough" artist?

A world where those pages above are a big part of what you’ve seen of him.

He was amazing on Ninjak, which remains my main exposure to him, but those pages above of Harley and Batgirl are not good.