Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

You're a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Norns posted:

I'm excited. It can't possibly be worse than it is now. :shrug:

Look at this poor, naive little soul.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I sure did enjoy Titans Hunt #8 cock teasing the original Wally West.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When will DC realize nobody gives a poo poo about Omen?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Superwoman's suit kind of has a LOSH '94 kind of thing going on and I dig it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Most of the redesigns are shockingly good. What the hell DC?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Space Fish posted:

Abhay Khosla's Case Against Dan Didio.
Probably not news to most comics goons, but nice to see it all documented in one place like this.

Am I mis-remembering or didn't Didio have an affair with an artist's wife some years back? And that artist allegedly tackled him at a convention when he found out?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dreqqus posted:

There was a fairly persistent rumor around the time of Final Crisis, that Didio had an affair with JG Jones's wife, which was why he didn't finish out the series. Insofar as I'm aware that rumor was never substantiated, but I believe she did work with DC in a position fairly close to Didio at the time.

Has JG worked for DC since then? The BSS mod at the time basically threw the hammer down and said the topic was forbidden so there was no discussion of it here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They lifted the embargo on Saturday. I kind of expected to see the entire issue up on Imgur or something by now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

So Superman #52 is supposed to be out this Wednesday too, right? The conclusion to the whole "Superman is dying" story? Any idea if I should read that or Rebirth first? I've managed to stay spoiler free so far and I'm hoping to make it until the end.

The read order is Superman #52, Superman Lois & Clark #8 and then Rebirth #1.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JoshTheStampede posted:

What about JLA 50?

JLA #50 is two months late so who knows if they updated the story to fit into Rebirth so I have no idea how much it will tie in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So in case anyone cares

Read Justice League #50, the Superman L&C #8, then Superman #52 and then DC Rebirth #1.

Or don't because they're all bad comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So many people are butthurt that they didn't reveal the Joker's identity as they advertised they were going to do.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

You mean comic fans bitched about something happening and when it didn't happen they bitched then too? No way!

Something that was heavily hyped by the publisher and then then didn't follow through at all. They even sent out emails to retailers promising this revelation would be enormous and urged us to triple our orders.

gently caress DC.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't disagree that it was a silly thing to announce. But that didn't stop DC from announcing it and marketing it as a huge reveal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Oh, so they actually gave away the twist to you and didn't realize it?

I'm surprised that wasn't their defense.

WE SAID THE NUMBER 3 A LOT IN THE EMAIL HOW DID YOU NOT PICK UP ON IT.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Revol posted:

Oh, I didn't catch this. You disagree that this isn't a huge revelation? My argument is that this is bigger than any one true identity could be. It changes the Joker mythos more than a name ever could, and raises so many questions. Why? How? When? And of course the original Who?, but that is no longer a concern, really. The Joker just became a legacy, like Batman has been.

I'm not saying this isn't a big reveal, the issue is they hyped it as one thing and then gave us another.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Barry Convex posted:

Weird, since it's fairly clear that that reveal was intended just for Justice League #50.

Actually, it's more than a bit odd that Rebirth just recapped the Joker and Wonder Woman reveals without advancing them at all.

The hype and urge to increase orders was all centered on JL #50, sorry if I was not clear.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it do I hate Brett Booth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

To change subjects very slightly, can Rhyno or someone else in the comics retail side of things tell me if anyone, and I mean ANYone is buying Bloodlines?

I sold one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We just ticked over 100 sold copies of Rebirth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I read the reprint is getting $3 price increase. That seems odd.

80 page book for $3 is a deal but not very profitable for them. They shot out an email detailing the breakdown, the book was originally going to be $4.99.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Did you see the 2nd printing's gonna be $6? Make that money!

e: Stop beating me!

We don't even need any right now, I have 147 copies left.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Caller ID tells me another store here in town just called and asked what our per-person limit on Rebirth was. I guess it's getting scarce locally.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Literally The Worst posted:

i guess one of the other stores in town got absolutely loving hosed by diamond and had to come over and buy some from us

I have a "friend" working at the 2 store chain here in town and he said they were sold out by Thursday night due to only ordering 25 copies per store.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

team overhead smash posted:

How does that stack up against other events from the past?

Well, we haven't ordered 250 copies of an event book since the original Civil War #1. I expect to be sold out by next weekend and still having demand for the $3 edition.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We only moved 44 out of 50 ordered copies of PR #0 and that had all those covers ad 3 months to move. DCUR #1 is going to end up as our #1 best selling book of the year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo, I forgot about the 3rd print, we sold about 25 of those. All the 1st prints I have left are the Yellow one because racism or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SeannieDarko posted:

Yuck. I don't like that Bizarro at all. Best Bizarro is Last Son/Escape from Bizarro World Bizarro.

The gently caress is going on with his hair?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jason Todd showed up wearing that suit for a bit and then they decided to saddle Tim with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Norns posted:

Here's an idea. Stop using Jason Todd.

MADNESS.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toxxupation posted:

But think of all the good red hood storylines, like

The animated Under the Red Hood was very good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Lobdell's tenure in RHATO was solid all around but the Death of the Family tie in was his best story with the final arc being a close second.

Stop perpetuating this bullshit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Jason Todd is terrible and one good animated film, and it was very good, is not worth him being back.

Agreed. But somebody at DC has a major boner for him so Tim gets brushed aside as a result. Tim Drake, an actual legitimately great character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You can't actually be this dense, right?

He once tried to equate the fictional death of Jason Todd with real world rape.

So yes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anyone can stop arguing about Jason Todd at any time. It's within your power.

Let's talk about Joker's Daughter instead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If I was Alan Moore right now I would be reaching out to DC with an offer to take the reins and do and actual Watchmen sequel. Loads of conference calls and virtual meetings and plans. Then when the courier delivers his hand typed manuscripts to Dan Didio's office he opens it in excitement to find 300 pages Moore carefully took the time to squat over and SHIIIIIIIIT.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

His first series is one of the best teen series of all time. It's great and one that I highly suggest to any reader.

Don't read beyond #25.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

26 as its the Spanish issue

#25 is where the book ends as far as I am concerned.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's not angling her phone very well for an effective background on that selfie. Doesn't Roy have a Selfie-Stick-Arrow she can use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
David Gabriel "unofficially" said that Ms Marvel's digital sales blow the physical copy sales out of the water.