Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Teenage Fansub posted:

I wonder who they can't announce for Super-Sons.
That'd be a weird one to get someone shockingly famous on.

I suspect this is less "can't announce" and more "don't actually have a creative team lined up".

I thought Super-Man was supposed to be a Lex Luthor book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

Die Laughing posted:

No, and I think that's part of the reason he left. I remember him complaining about always getting passed up for the Superman books.

IIRC, the rumor mill had it that he was offered an ongoing Superman gig, and that the offer was for some reason rescinded, which was the last straw for Waid's DC tenure.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

Wait, there was a Star Trek/Green Lanterns crossover? Starring the Abrams Trek crew? Is it as poo poo as such an idea sounds?

It's even getting a sequel, believe it or not.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Outlets just got those images and a promise of more info soon, so I'm guessing it's something more.
They already did Loony Tunes variant covers a couple years ago.

There was also a Superman/Bugs Bunny miniseries a decade or so back. (Edit: actually 2000, a few years earlier than I'd thought)

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

Roth posted:

Artemis' pose hurts just to look at

Post the DC characters you love no matter what.

Me:

Raven, Beast Boy, Starfire, Guy Gardner, Rose Wilson

Bat-Mite, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Animal Man

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

quote:

"When Rebirth kicked off, and I wrote the special and worked with all the teams, and all the books did their own thing, I talked to Gary, and said there is a really interesting story with Doctor Manhattan, and his point of view, and the intersection into what is the DC Universe. We debated whether we would ever want to do it, because it is a big job. We talked for six months, and the truth is, it wasn’t until the election, and post-election, that I called Gary and said, 'I’ve got the complete story.'"

Am I missing something, or is Johns outright admitting that he wrote Rebirth without an actual plan for the Watchmen storyline?

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

Inkspot posted:

He co-created Gravity and did that Mary Jane series right before his Teen Titans run, so it's not like he's incapable of writing decent all-ages superhero books. More like he saved up the worst ideas he couldn't use at Marvel and dumped them all over DC the first chance he got.

Onmi posted:

Sean McKeever who's work includes... Teen Titans, Countdown, Terror Titans and some Birds of Prey

In all fairness to McKeever, that run was allegedly heavily hosed-with by DC editorial, to the point that that very issue (#69) was released without a credited scripter (just "Original Story by Sean McKeever"):

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

Covok posted:

I meant his MO was good teenage superheroes.

Also, I like Jaime. He was so good in his o.g. run in 2002.

That was 2006.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

Schneider Heim posted:

Is the Bizarro mini (2015) good?

It's delightful. Great art, too.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

X-O posted:

So I wonder whatever happened to the three Jokers thing.

Last I heard was from Scott Snyder back in July:

quote:

“Geoff [Johns] was great about walking us through what the plan is for upcoming ‘Three Jokers’ storyline and giving us the breathing room for what we wanted to do. Just to be clear to readers, this is not going to answer the ‘Three Jokers’ question” Snyder said. “That’s really for Geoff — he has a big story planned for that — but what it will do is show us the way that The Joker, like he did during my entire time on Batman, is always there as the Greek chorus of the book, saying to Batman, in one way or another, ‘You’re doing it wrong,’ or, ‘You’re doing it right. This is what needs to happen. This is who you are.”

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

I'm trying to think if I've ever actually liked something Johns has written, and I can't come up with a single book. The best of his that I've read is his Flash stuff, which was fine, but nothing special.
I remember quite liking his Booster Gold run, though I haven't gone back to it anytime recently.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
was the weight gain ever explained, or did it just happen suddenly

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

Madkal posted:

Hey, isn't Busiek writing a Batman comic in a similar vein as Secret Identity? If so, is it any good?

It's been very good, but very late due (I think) to Busiek's health issues. The last issue came out in April (after originally being scheduled for January originally), and the final issue hasn't even been solicited yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

When exactly did Harley Quinn start getting her Deadpool push?

I'd say it was in 2013, when the Conner/Palmiotti ongoing started.