Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I've fallen behind on my comics news. So is this just a re-shuffling of creative teams into a new way, the start of a new lead-up to a big event, or are they actually no-poo poo rebooting the DCU again?

quote:

“At DC we believe in superheroes, and what makes them great,” said Dan DiDio, co-publisher of DC Entertainment. “And, we also believe in the direct market and the core comics fan. REBIRTH is designed to bring back the best of DC’s past, embrace the stories we currently love and move the entire epic universe into the future.

Stuff like this sounds like it might be. Was the New 52 that much of a mess?

Edit: Okay not a reboot. Huh!

Pierson fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This may be the wrong thread to ask but what is Alan Moore's relationship to DC/modern superhero comics in general? My understanding is he disliked how badly the adaptions of From Hell (absolutely nothing like the comic) and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (same, also just plain bad) were, but the main beef he has with them is the old deal which means he doesn't get rights to Watchmen back until the book goes out of print, and DC has very deliberately never allowed that to happen. There also seems to be the impression he really hates DC trying to bring back Watchmen poo poo though that seems to be based on nothing more than "he's a cranky old man who doesn't like what the comics industry has become". That about right?