Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh hey, Black Canary/Green Arrow is going to be a thing again?

But I guess the writer hasn't been very good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Veg posted:

I loving hate Werewolf stories. Why does Green Arrow have a 6 month long god damned Werewolf story.

That reminds me when I bought X-Men #1 a few years ago thinking it would be a place to jump in (I was naive) and it was a drat vampire story.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Is Artemis related to Wonder Woman? I pretty much only know her from Young Justice. You're right, though, this is hella cool. I'll miss Roy but am glad Starfire is still gone, and Bizarro on a team book is a wonderful idea.

This is (presumably) the Amazon Artemis. Different character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Part of it is going to be the way they changed too.

Barry Allen died saving the entire multiverse and being awesome. Characters mourned, he was remembered, a big part of Wally's character was living up to Barry.

Wally disappeared in a puff of smoke and was negated from existence.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's going to be Jay Garrick.

Synergy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's going to be Wally West.

But New 52 Wally.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HitTheTargets posted:

How has Injustice weathered the storm of DCYou and Rebirth totally unscathed? No offense to the guys who make it, but come on. It was one game, five years ago. It's like there's a lack of fairness in the world or something.

Since there still hasn't been news of an Injustice 2 in years, it has to just be selling well.

It is supposedly being worked on currently though. There was speculation a while ago it was going to coincide with BvS but obviously not.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 29, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"It's not cheating if they're our alternate universe duplicates, Lois"

But then it gets all weird, so they stop talking to each other and kind of just drift apart.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Superman challenges The Flash to a race, they both push each other near to the point of breaking the dimensional barrier, but Flash puts an arm up in front of him which obstructs Superman, causes him to stumble and trip into the Amalgam universe, never to be seen again.

Everyone insists the Flash's arm was a total accident because he's an American hero and only foreigners cheat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not even remotely a hood anymore!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HitTheTargets posted:

God I love how terrible 90s powers are. They're bringing back Gunfire, who had the power to turn any gun-sized object he held into a gun.

Pfft, my nephew can do that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's a really dumb title.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

This is a new version though,. She just found the Joker's face floating in the sewer and decided to wear it.

While hanging out in the sewers, as one does.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Worth it if we get Kenan and Kal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Are her bracer things still able to deflect bullets?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

And it makes perfect sense why she'd then become a full Green Lantern, because isn't the current criteria 'being able to overcome great fear'?

And in the vicinity when an old one dies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmUIfX9TSJs&t=123s

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Wait there's yet another Green Lantern? zzzzz

Yeah, 2 years ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jessica Cruz is from 2 years ago, Simon Baz (the luchadore) is from 4 years ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're right, only Hal should exist!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That guy luckily isn't the regular artist on Green Arrow or Birds of Prey.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, I just mentioned it because Canary is in Green Arrow now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Smart of Batman to make enough room to go full mast too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ollie was a Social Justice Warrior before that was a thing. And then before it become a different thing. And then it became kind of the opposite of what it means? But then it came back around a bit but it's still bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody really wants to be identified as one, so they were successful I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She obviously just did a cool twirl, the correct way to remove a cloak.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Backup.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It worked just fine on Sinestro, apparently.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Travis343 posted:

I'd be upset if a comic about super-powered teenagers was satisfying your cock, frankly

She's actually a 40 year old creation, she only looks 15.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would imagine nearly all of the type to get mad about that had already read the spoilers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

its like he put a can of monster in his pants

Always be prepared.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is there a Shrike? Shrike is a cool bird name.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

With who? Everyone else is a lot more positive than you are.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Worth it if we can get Holy Guacamole, Batman!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

greatn posted:

Dinah was a total jerk for what felt like no reason in that issue.

She's still the pre-Rebirth Dinah, she's got baggage pre-52 Dinah doesn't.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alucard Nacirema posted:

So are they dropping the whole DC You policy of "Continuity doesn't matter" and letting creators do whatever the hell they want with the characters like Dr. Fate in a hoodie, Multiple personality Martian Manhunter, characters appearing in different costumes in different books at the same time, etc.?

I personally thought that it was interesting and led to some great books (All-Star Section 8, Mech Batman, etc.) but I guess it becomes irksome when people can't organize their bookshelf in canonical order anymore.

Green Arrow already made Roy a junkie again and changed his history, so I guess so.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jay.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're both worse Flashes than Barry. Jay mostly as a product of his time.

Barry Allen didn't suck. People just have all the anger over what happened with Wally falling on him.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 8, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Travis343 posted:

Azzarello's run also opened by revealing that everything Diana had been told about her past was a lie, which was just as much a slap in the face to the previous thirty years of storytelling as Rebirth was to the last five. So come on. Chill out, trust one of the best writers working in comics, and let him tell his story.

"It's okay when it results in a run I like" is the central truth of the DC Universe. It is the one constant that survives the ever-changing multiverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I know no one means it this way and I promise I'm not being a dick here -- I'm getting what I always wanted, so why would I bother? -- but it's just kinda funny how we're getting so many straight-faced, non-sardonic appeals against Greg Rucka indiscriminately trampling over Brian Azzarello's storylines, as if that wasn't also the literal specific thing Azzarello did against Rucka and multiple other writers' work. As if there wasn't also very many great things about twenty years' worth of post-Crisis storylines that maybe shouldn't have been directly countermanded by Azzarello wanting to build a grimmer, darker, more cynical world for the character. I'm just genuinely amused that folks genuinely don't seem to see the irony in this.

Now try talking about Green Lanterns.