Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Squizzle's house has a print of the Injustice Batman horse teeth panel that's load bearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Now his roof collapsed. Way to go.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not like it was a real Emmy. It was up against Tiny Toons and Goof Troop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

At no point was Freeze not a crazy guy who kills people. He called himself Mr. Freeze and used an ice gun!

That's the name of a frozen juice treat. Dude was crazy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's a place that serves burgers.

The guy is basically running around calling himself Carl's Jr. Crazy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The others were erased by New 52, not Rebirth. It's just that Rebirth makes it so anything New 52 did was Manhattan's fault.

Sandman died years ago, and it looks like he only exists on Earth 2 in the New 52.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's like a BSS poster with a mask.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black Canary is in Green Arrow and Birds of Prey now. Latter doesn't start until late July though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JoshTheStampede posted:

I have a feeling Green Arrow is going to constantly kick readers in the head with the "look how up to date and progressively topical we are" stuff. Ollie referring to himself as a social justice warrior, the objectification line, etc. I'm sure someone will reference mansplaining next issue.

E: also yeah I hope they do some explaining about how Atrocitus (and Dex-starr) has a ring again, why Bleez is with him again, etc. They sort of left that hanging at the end of RL, along with why everyone Guy de-reddened didn't die.

*Unsolicited opinions on Orlando?*

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did you people learn nothing from Iron Fist?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would counter that if I'm a dirty cop and I get heat visioned, any amount of heat vision, I'm going straight.

I'm not loving around with a guy who has laser eyes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

You gotta figure Bats does drat near the same thing though, right? Like you'd also quit fuckin around if you got a Batarang to the nose.

Batman specifically tells him not to do that a lot. I think it's about escalation.

Batman can only move so fast, and for a comparison New York has over 40000 cops.

If you keep your head low you can get away with being dirty around Batman for quite a while. He's not going to go after the cop taking kickbacks when Riddler is threatening to blow up Wayne Tower if Batman doesn't go on The Price is Right and unmask himself while also winning the double Showcase.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Metropolis is close enough to Smallville to work there while living in Smallville.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

But see he can encourage her to get out of her shell and navigate public spaces via his magic therapy inducing dick and-oh wow would you look at that I'm bleeding from my eyes. Huh.

A magic therapy dick would actually be within a Green Lantern's powerset.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

Green Arrow was fine, I guess, but pulled away hard from the socially conscious liberalism that defined the book previously, folding it back to a typical "Ollie North is getting HUNTED DOWN" story. Otherwise unremarkable.

Kind of hard to do in an issue where Oliver didn't interact with anyone else for more than a couple of panels. I'd hardly call it pulling back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

According to Bleeding Cool, these are the titles in the top 25 for advance preorder of comics, graphics novels and TPs

Nothing bad for DC

Well no, there's lots of bad DC there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did you guys know that Watchmen was a comic? For sale?!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also the smiley face imagery is like all Gibbons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Losing is literally Doomsday's power.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Frank Cho's leaving the Wonder Woman covers job over issues with Rucka, so I guess expect tons more childish covers with Diana yelling "Outrage!" on them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JoshTheStampede posted:

I guessed something like that was going to happen, knowing how Rucka and Cho already probably don't see eye to eye on much.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some personal stuff involved too, because the covers he's done so far are pretty standard Wonder Woman stuff and not very typical Cho.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know, I have it on good authority that it's a crime akin to murder to change Alan Moore works.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Isn't the V comic pretty different from the movie version people actually care about?

WickedHate posted:

I wish Batgirl's history wasn't so tied up with it. You don't see Bruce getting his back broken referenced nearly as much with regards to him. It's like her version of Hank Pym hitting Janet.

That's because he was fixed quickly. Oracle lasted like 20 years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oops, I meant "V from the comic"

Like I'd always heard the character himself was changed pretty heavily, and basically all the stuff people latched on to were from the movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Alan Moore hates the Killing Joke though.

Yeah I'm sure he wishes he made the sexual assault more explicit, and also that Barbara was 5 years younger.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/755583042194968579

Constantine leaving America due Trump made me chuckle. But aside of that I'm not feeling this title and the art looks really rough at some spots.

Oh no he's doing a Dreamworks face.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not the right kind of smile, Bruce! We practiced this!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The ring has consciousness and senses that Simon views the gun as an extension of his self, and therefore provides the passive forcefield to it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You all have to be kidding with this stuff about changes being jarring or forced or... anything.

It's a relaunch, guys.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well then in good news, Tom Taylor is coming back for the Injustice 2 tie-in comic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's explained in the story that there is a crowd, and Jason wants to shoot people in it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Makes sense. That wheel is actually a huge influence on his life.

Had it not come loose they might have caught the Joker then and there, and Jason would ever get to this point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who cares, you have like 4 different ways to scroll passed them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's right about Twitter though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Original Joke; Do Not Steal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Like the Young Avengers one. That one had numbered areas to make it easier though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She retired before Killing Joke. It was only about 10 months between Killing Joke and her Oracle debut, though she was only identified another year later.

So mostly they just pretended she was still retired.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Aug 1, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Aw, I was hoping for feedback on the most important decision in the game so far: (only a spoiler if you're especially paranoid) What colour lights Bruce slaps on all his Bat-stuff.

Purple, obviously.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So the bad ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah, that part is obvious. The question is does it do what it attempts well and the answer is no. So really it just reminds you of a far better executed scene.

SuperGotham, a character we'll never see again after this arc, doesn't have the stuff to inspire a change of heart, nor is he competent enough to avoid a tragedy. Yawn.

If they wanted a good foil, G-man could have failed to save a passenger jet that was facing engine trouble. His overconfidence sheers the wing off, sending it tumbling into Gotham General or the Gotham Financial district. Gothamguy is hurled too far away to get there in time, so instead he hauls rear end once the situation is clear to him because he can't face the results.

So what you're saying is not enough bloodshed?

I'm sure we could get an arm rip in there somewhere.