Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Depends on your driving, if all you did was city driving cruise is kinda pointless. But yeah, simple to add on the sport anyway.

I had no clue the city mpg on 2's was that bad, good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

How do you like the car as a commuter so far? What kind of mileage are you getting?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That's a downfall of those CAI's no way I'd run one in my area with all the flooding we tend to get.

That's a bummer though man, hopefully your insurance will cover it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If you end up getting another car, keep it and put a Fiesta ST motor in it when you have the time.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You don't want the 1.0, you want the turbo 1.6 with 197 hp.

You could also probably fit a Skyactiv in there too, and boost the mpg's big time.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 18, 2016

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah sounds like you need to make a stink, comprehensive should cover it, of course they are going to try and avoid a payoff initially they always do.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

I mean it sounds like you wrecked your car into a ditch full of water, which caused catastrophic engine damage. Why would this not be covered by comprehensive insurance?

Water damage is water damage, whether or not an idiot in a truck forced you into it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Update!

Progressive has agreed to replace the motor. I don't get a new one, but one with fewer miles than I had (the one I'm getting will have 41k on it) plus a warranty. So okay. Job might be done in 2 weeks or so, which means I can stop driving this Compass rental I'm in right now and get back into my own nice car that is fun to drive and has good gas mileage.

Though, I might pick up a thousand dollar beater truck to get me through the winter, as it looks like things are going to be pretty wet and muddy this year.

Good to hear!

I keep racking my brain trying to figure out my next car here soon, and I always come back to the Mazda2. I can't find anything close to it in terms of fun/economy/dependability/price. Low mileage manuals are getting super cheap, seems like nobody wants them which is fine with me :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Supposedly the Corksport short ram intake increases mpg by quite a bit, might wanna look into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sounds like a vent tube, no biggie.

• Locked thread