Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
we could try some variant of "you don't like (forum-X)? try byob!"
i have just noticed some refugees from gibbis, and maybe we could capitalize on this development

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
something along the lines of "welcome to byob: it's safer here"

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"stop by the chill blue forum. you might like what you see."

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

weird

by zen death robot
i think it would be nice to finally buy this after the work that went into it already
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3665854&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post435093418

----------------

breakfast dorito

doritos form part of a healthy breakfast (in theory) and should not be used as a primary source of nutrition (you don't tell me how to live)
nosfereefer i stole your av and made this

alnilam

weird posted:

i think it would be nice to finally buy this after the work that went into it already
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3665854&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post435093418

:agreed: thank you

alnilam

Breakfast Dorito posted:

nice

breakfast dorito

doritos form part of a healthy breakfast (in theory) and should not be used as a primary source of nutrition (you don't tell me how to live)

thank

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Idea: a light switch (off) showing grey forums and the text "those grey forums" The switch goes on and shows byob with the text "that blue forum".

bacalou

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

idk when alnilam is buyin ads but i get paid on the 5th & im buyin ads then before i spend it all on coffee and weed, so mark ya calendars folks!

Nosfereefer

hm, i dunno, but this might just be crazy enough to work??

Nosfereefer

Yobgoblin posted:

Idea: a light switch (off) showing grey forums and the text "those grey forums" The switch goes on and shows byob with the text "that blue forum".

Breakfast Dorito posted:

Nosfereefer

a bit unfriendly towards chat-bots maybe? i mean we're not really spoilt for choice here i mean

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
that's why it' chill. It's the party in someones house where everyone can sit down and have some weed and put stuff on the coffee table, not the party where the bathroom is wrecked up and you can't get outside without getting your clothes ripped( or tugged roughly if they are quality sears clothes)

Nosfereefer

can chat bots even feel chill? hm, this topic is getting v philosophical
[edit] do chat bots dream of evolutionary algorithmic sheep?

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 4, 2016

ChairmanMeow

i haven't been to the irc in a few years but i liked that bot that would randomly find a quote from a user. sometimes they would be talking poo poo on someone who wasn't there then but was now or it was all out of context. that bot was wiley

alnilam

Okay at dope fiends request let's give two days for final entries
It would be really fun if anyone went with either of my brainstorm suggestions :pray:

After we buy a couple, that don't mean it's over: this thread can become a general ad making thread and anyone can buy an ad whenever they feel like it!

alnilam

alnilam posted:

It would be really fun if anyone went with either of my brainstorm suggestions :pray:

Not to imply that i don't love all the entries cause i do

Nosfereefer

ChairmanMeow

alnilam posted:

Not to imply that i don't love all the entries cause i do

I feel like people don't realize what a draw looking at my cat is

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
remember this one?

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Yobgoblin posted:

remember this one?

30+ is being pretty generous

MrWillsauce

hey, I'm not 30 yet :colbert:

FreshCutFries

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nosfereefer posted:

a bit unfriendly towards chat-bots maybe? i mean we're not really spoilt for choice here i mean

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

30+ is being pretty generous

for now

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 5, 2016

----------------

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

lol

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

----------------

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I like this one too :3:

alnilam

lol

City of Glompton

love these last three

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Nosfereefer

Yobgoblin posted:

remember this one?

if we change it to 15+ posters for honesty it is perfect

alnilam

Here's a roundup of all of the entries of the proper size, I think
buyers: when you buy an ad please post that you're doing so and which one, so that other buyers don't double-buy!

also there's still time for more entries, you never know who is going to feel like buying another byob ad!

Breakfast Dorito posted:

Weird pointed out that Thepiratebae.se made these a while ago and they never got bot so here they are

a classic:

Yobgoblin posted:

remember this one?

And this klassik one has already been bought in thej past but quoting for quompleteness

Yobgoblin posted:

remember this one?

ty manifisto

FluffieDuckie

someone bought this one. i just saw it

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

weird

by zen death robot
The kayle7 ad is really good

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

the first of probably many ads has been purchased! wow! congratulations to city of glompton!! you're a shining star :)

City of Glompton

awesome! thank you :blush:

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Purchased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

the byob 2016 simul ad purchase: let's collectively buy every ad guys, we can do it

• Locked thread