Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Crow hasn't posted since April 1st and I haven't seen hide nor hair of him on any program since about that time either.

I'm a little worried, honestly.

His April Fools joke must have gone really badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

Polaron posted:

Is there a text-to-speech that sounds like the female fighter jet warning voice? :v:

Hello and FLIGHT CONTROLS-ome back to Ac-FLIGHT CONTROLS DO DEE DO DEE- I'm your host Nine Gear Crow an-PULL UP! PULL UP!

This reminds me, "Bitching Betty" would be an amusing setting to change on someone else's GPS when they aren't looking.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby
:dogbutton:

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

Phy posted:

Particularly relevant is that until Crow finished the last thread for Zero (with associated LPs of ace mode and 3) I think only Tyrantsabre had ever finished an Ace Combat LP. That was 6. And there have been plenty of abandoned attempts at 4, 5 and Zero.

So now, after seeing off three runs of two games in one thread, and moving on to AC2, Crow gets smote by serious illness. I'm not saying the two are connected, but I will say that if Crow ends up posting the LP for AC5 from a library because his hometown was destroyed by giant spiders, I won't be particularly surprised.

poo poo, now that you mention it, I think I joked about Crow tempting fate by LPing an Ace Combat game. Maybe I'm to blame?

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

This reminds me, I need to get off my rear end and get to work on the LP of X-Wing Alliance that I've been meaning to do forever. That game, incidentally, has a crossover mission with Shadows of the Empire in which you fly a Y-Wing and disable the Suprosa so Dash Rendar can board it

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby
Hah, I totally forgot about this video! But the rest of the game is pretty great too.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby
Glad you were able to Stay Fly instead of dancing with the angels.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

nine-gear crow posted:

I swear to loving Christ when we get to Ace Combat 6, I'm gonna make that phrase a probatable offense.

:toxx:ing that poo poo. Make it happen yo!

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

Dreamsicle posted:

I couldn't replay AC6 for a while because of that line. I beat it twice before that so I heard it a lot.

Honestly I beat that game so many times that the very concepts of dancing and angels harden my heart.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

Psion posted:

Same. I don't even know why I did half that poo poo like the multiple runs of the entire campaign in a single plane, etc etc, but there you go.

e: air to air missions in a Tornado with guns only was a real pain in the rear end, that I remember

At least I know I'm not the only one with enough time on my hands to do a guns only Tornado run :hfive:

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

Psion posted:

I can safely say at minimum I have watched the intro cutscene to mission 1 with every single plane and probably every plane's alt color schemes at this point, yeah. I played a lot of AC6.

I think the only achievements I don't have are competitive MP because ugh, the less said there the better

I will say, AC6 had neither the strongest story, nor the largest library of aircraft, but it's got some drat good replay value. The missions are fun and chaotic and you have options about what you're going to accomplish.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

Kadorhal posted:

The Kfir was also used by the Marine Corps and Navy between 1985 and 1989 for dissimilar air combat training, dubbed the F-21A Kfir. They were chosen because, especially with modifications the Marine Corps made to their thirteen borrowed craft, it shared very similar flight characteristics to the MiG-23, which was at the time being introduced in large numbers and was seen to be more capable than earlier Soviet craft.
The F-21 is still operated in an aggressor role, as a matter of fact. Just by a civilian contractor, not the Navy themselves.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby
Saw this in the OSHA thread in GBS the other day when they were discussing the Thunderbirds F-16 that went down over Colorado last week:

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

Man that is gonna confuse the hell out of the aliens when they come to collect the artifacts of our civilization.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby
What is this quadcopter video you're talking about in the video?

edit: btw, the Rafale M is definitely carrier-capable. Compared to the landward B and C versions, it has a beefier landing gear, a proper arresting hook, and an internal boarding ladder.

The Casualty fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

nine-gear crow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnbl9CZ9tOI

It's part of Slowbeef and TieTuesday's retsupraes of these insane patent proposal animations by a Russian(?) patent troll company called Dahir Insaat. If you ever once thought "what would be an unnecessarily complex, expensive, and probably illegal solution to a problem that doesn't actually exist," then Dahir Insaat is the answer to your mentally ill prayers!
:chanpop:

• Locked thread