Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I always loved just going as fast as I could go in any Ace Combat canyon or canyon-like mission. I'm no speed runner though and AC2's canyon led to more than a few smouldering stains on rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Using "cockpit" view in AC2 does have an advantage in (potentially) speeding up lock-on times, you know, for those speed-runs you're planning I guess :v: Anyways since the lock-on reticule starts tracking from the centre of the HUD so if you have the target there already it locks instantly whereas in third person view it always has to do the full lock-on.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Excuse me while I rock out.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

That's because he suddenly forgot how to write around the time of Debt of Honor. And then after 9/11 his brain just broke for good.

That said I kinda like Rainbow Six.

Rainbow Six: Hippies Try to Kill the World, the sequel to Without Remorse: Hippies Are Responsible for Vietnam :v:

Dumb books, enjoyable if you can acknowledge that at least.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So it's way too late now but in regards to Ace Combat 2 I just noticed that you slow down as much as possible when you turn but you actually turn tighter with your speed at slightly above cruising. Makes the circle fights go a bit faster. Oh well!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Paingod556 posted:

Were you also going to show Ending 1 and how to finish the game at Kingpin?

I've played AC2 a lot but I never knew that. How does that happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Ace Combat 2 Normal Ending

As requested earlier, here is the "Normal" ending to Ace Combat 2. This is the one that plays if you fail to shoot down the ZOE General (or, failing that, fail to even get it to spawn by whiffing shooting down any of the other ZOEs in the game). Here it is in all it's :nallears: glory.

And for the record, this one was a bitch to actually get on film, because it meant willfully ignoring the ZOE in this mission while trying to take out only the critical targets, and that fucker will hound your rear end like you wouldn't believe if you don't take it out as soon as you're able to.

Willfully having to ignore enemies definitely explains why I never saw that. Also, between this and RE2's 'B' ending music, I think AC2 has the best credits butt-rock of the PS1 era.

• Locked thread