Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Well I just expected job troubles, glad to know you've made it through, or the worst of it, at least.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Apr 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

hackbunny posted:

No idea it was this low. But air-to-air missiles are significantly deadlier, aren't they? I mean with current missiles you can literally shoot backwards
I think air to air missiles would change the hit rate only according to the situation they are used in, fired at long range when turning and burning would make an automatic dodge they wouldn't have the best hit rate, fired in a dogfight when reaction time will be scarce, they'd be far deadlier.

Anyways, modern missiles would have better hit rates since technology now allows people to make deadlier missiles because they aren't as easily fooled by countermeasures, for example you can make missiles with IR cameras that will actually get images of their target and compare frame to frame to make sure they are tracking the same object rather than feed a transfer function from a lovely rotating IR sensor like in really early missiles.

I think off-angle targeting (I think in militarese / pilotese it is "off-bore targeting") is more of an improvement in plane avionics and perhaps missile propellants so they still have some energy after turning away sharply (if they are fired close in).

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Octatonic posted:

This is now my opinion. Cipher has loosened up a bit in her old age (of 20- is she lying about her age, or was she a child soldier? ace combat is anime enough for either) enough to take easy side jobs and speak while she's working, if only to troll the flight lead.

Demon Lords don't age. They also have magical powers that allow them to get perfect fake ID papers to sign up for different air forces like the ISA Air Force, the Osean Air Force and the Emmerian Air Force without being recognized at any point. Working with her twin in the same squadron made things a bit weird that one time though and then she got really into transhumanism but got some measure of better after getting a good drubbing.

Maybe they call the opera house because maybe it kinda looks like one? There a few major port facilities around here known as the cathedral and the mosque because of something like that.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 1, 2016

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

For the record, most turbine based engines don't really care what they burn so long as it outputs approximately at least the right amount of calories per mass (more is generally an advantage).

And so long as the viscosity of the fuel or reaction products isn't a problem. So a problem with benzine, Chanel N°5 or rotgut but if you want to be exotic and burn some boranes the highly viscous residue it produces as it burns will make your engine very sad when it sticks to various turbine parts.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The Crenshaw Counter was and is and shall forever be the best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Communist Zombie posted:

Was that the helicopter idea where it would have actual mortars on both sides or was that insanity with a different model?

I believe that was a marine jerk off session to create airborne artillery. It was a full scale 155 mm howitzer IIRC.

It wasn't successful.

• Locked thread