Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.
ROM dumping works with any homebrewed 3DS, old or new, but that's probably not for here.
Currently unlocking all the missions, and then I can get started on recording AHL+. Expect many Nintendo themed paintjobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

I can't believe how often you misspelt my name in the OP, crow :colbert:

Some notes about AC:AHL and what crow said in the video:
The rerelease, AC:AHL+ (which I play here) supports the circle-pad pro and the additional buttons on the New 3DS in minor, not really needed ways. But with the first mission, depending on your loadout, being possible to be won without touching any button but the acceleration, the weapon switch, and the missile fire button, that will have to wait.
The F6F-5 Hellcat part of the video was NOT in Ace difficulty, despite what crow says. Also that F6F-5 is flying with upgrades, or it wouldn't get up to a speed of 2000.

Named Aces don't show up in your first Story Mode playthrough of the game, they only show up after you finished it, but then they show up in every game mode, be it free missions or a second run through of the Story Mode.
It's a weird decision, but eh.

Now, the ranking. Mission ranks in this game are dependent on either time needed or points gained. Weirdly this means, combined with Named Aces not showing up during your first playthrough, that it's literally impossible to get several of the S ranks in your first playthrough because occasionally the points needed for an S rank require you to destroy everything INCLUDING the named ace of the mission.
For this first mission, the S rank requirement is beating the mission in 2 minutes or less, which I think is impossible in the stock F16-C you start with, because it's too slow.

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

thetruegentleman posted:

"Enemy attack! Is it the Allied For...wait, is that a prop plane? How the gently caress did a prop plane shoot down a-"
:kingsley:

Just you wait another... 20ish missions. Prop planes will turn up again, I promise. In the best ways possible.

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Mission 3: Operation Anchorhead Freedom (Legacy Verison) – [COMING SOON]

Y'know, if you told me beforehand when you're gonna post updates, I could get you the footage early enough :)

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Kadorhal posted:

EDIT: Also, any idea how that gunpod works in AHL? I know in Infinity it's basically a second gun to fire alongside your regular one with the missile button, but here that ammo count is making me think it's more like the rocket launcher pod but with bullets.

Yeah, when you use it it fires like 5ish seconds of bullets like the rocket pod.

Have a short video of it, it's at the end. (also have that barrel roll you you wanted Lunethex).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_hx7ewOQyw
Youtube

Trizophenie fucked around with this message at 08:23 on May 27, 2016

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Red Minjo posted:

So is this the version without the Nintendo planes or was the giant immersion-breaking ?-Block not in that mission because it only shows up once?

I turned them off for the main playthrough and already got all of them on the ace difficulty file. I'll definitely show them off though.

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Lunethex posted:

It's still cool though and you should use it more.

Don't you worry, there'll be enough Action Maneuvers in the future. We're not even halfway through the game, and later missions generally feature more planes to shoot down.

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Getting to the end of the games, what do you guys want shown off in the Legacy bonus video(s)?

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Hmm... I think that might be slightly worse actually, but I can't put my finger on how

What? I can clearly hear you. Who cares about crow in these videos anyway?

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Son Ryo posted:

Thanks to this LP I picked up and played through AH Legacy as my introduction to the Ace Combat series, and I'm completely hooked! Pretty drat fun, although it's a little awkward trying to yaw and roll at the same time with the classic controls, at least on an original 3DS... something that I'm looking forward to being much easier on a PS2 controller when I play Ace Combat 4 along with that LP. I wish I'd realized earlier that selling planes gave you a complete refund-- I ended up taking the cruise missile on with the Gripen (I think), which was only fast enough to catch up with the missile for a short time twice before it hit, so I ended up bringing the unguided rocket pod and just bursting it down once I was in machine gun range.

Classic controls putting yaw controls on D-pad left and right isn't that nice, yeah. The New3DS puts them on ZL and ZR aswell, which definitely makes them easier to use, not that yaw does that much in AHL. And yeah, the cruise missile is really annoying to catch up to in a lot of planes without speed upgrades. If you're far away from it definitely try to find a height that gives your plane more speed (you can see me do that in the ace version) because all planes have a specific altitude at which they hit their max speed, and that varies quite a bit by plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Bug Trizophenie to get me the last round of videos for the Extra missions and you'll see how fast I get this poo poo done.

It took you like a year to tell me you'll need new footage. And you know I am good at procrastinating.

• Locked thread