Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Frogisis posted:

It's the next evolution tier in the Ace-o-dex after Wardog :pseudo:

I'm 99% sure this is the actual thinking behind it

Same reason Wardog is the 108 Tac Fighter Squadron, and Warwolf is part of Task Force 108

PA love them some callbacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I keep forgetting that the Bear Tracks mission, does not feature the Bear Tracks song, but instead Night and Day. Poor call on Namcos part there

Speaking of Bear Tracks, say hi to the Blackburn Buccaneer S.2B that showed up-

And now say bye to the Buccaneer S.2B because those two are literally the only ones in the entire series. Even less representation than the A4D Scooter

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

This mission always annoyed me, even when I realised you needed to never not use reheat to avoid stalling out. Especially with that loving X-29 if it managed to begin evasive manoeuvring

quote:

Of the 2 XB-70 prototypes constructed, one was destroyed in a mid-air collision with a jumpjet in 1969, while the second one is housed at the National Museum of the United States Air Force near Dayton, Ohio.

It was an F-104 Widowmaker Starfighter that clipped it.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Cooked Auto posted:

Regarding what's mentioned in 14A, the JA37 Viggen only shows up as an enemy plane in AC2 and nowhere else.

Not true!

Ace Combat X has it from the second mission onwards.

As for the names- the Viggen was available as the JA37 interceptor, AJ37 strike fighter, and SF37 recon platform. But the Draken and Gripen both use the SF name as well, which doesn't match anything- the former did have a recon model, the S35J, and the latter has only been the JAS39. Maybe they just wanted it to be 'Saab Fighter' as their shorthand (like the Kfir being the KF-C7 and Tornado the TND-F3) :shrug:

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Were you also going to show Ending 1 and how to finish the game at Kingpin?

I remember the entire concept of 'multiple endings' confusing the hell out of me as a kid. First time got Ending 1, and the second time when the game kept going surprised me.

And yes, the PSX Dual Shock worked perfectly in AC2. And that's emulated on the PS3 when you play it on that. Still doesn't help if you've been exposed to the other, good, Ace Combats on the PS2...

• Locked thread