Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Delta Green posted:

Ouch. I see the gameplay and it hurts, even as you see where the basics came from.

The thing about going back to rediscover the origins of a long-running series like this is that while there is a nostalgia appeal, the game did come out before all of the changes that made it much less frustrating to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.

nine-gear crow posted:

And that, as they say, is that. As we close the book on Ace Combat 2, we end with a fractured Usea staring down the barrel the gun that is Ulysses 1994XF04, now just 288 days away from impact with the Earth. When we return to Strangereal after our brief hiatus, we find ourselves in the late summer of 2004 in a very changed world from what we’ve known so far, having escaped certain death from the heavens by the skin of its teeth.

Ulysses Day approaches fast. The skies are about to shatter.

STONEHENGE IS ONLINE

So hyped for this, you have no idea. I've always considered Zero to be my favorite of the games, but 4 is also really good and I can completely understand why anyone would say that's the best.

Cooked Auto posted:

I know I've said this to crow during a post-recording chat but Like a Phoenix Rising is probably one of the grimmer AC tracks out there to me just because it specifically mentions that all opposition shall be destroyed and it's futile to resist.

See I've always felt the opposite about that song. I love it because to me it's about how badly the player character stomps their enemies into the dirt. It's great.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

It's not done until it hits archives :colbert:

But in all seriousness nice to see this thing formally wrapped up.

• Locked thread