Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Kadorhal posted:

I don't remember if this game changes the 3D model of the controller for the controls menu depending on what one you're using, but if you're unaware or forgot, this game totally supports DualShock if you go into the PS3 menu and set it up to recognize your controller as one.

EDIT: Regarding special weapons and AC6, there's two "TYPE ACE2" paint schemes in that game. One's for the Su-33, the other's for the F-16C. They both give you Scarface One's paint scheme for the plane, slightly decreasing air-to-air and air-to-ground capabilities and ammo count in favor of increasing all the other stats - but you don't get any special weapons and can't perform high-G turns because those didn't exist in AC2. There's a similar "TYPE ACE3" scheme for the Typhoon, which removes the high-G turns and all of the special weapons except for the XMA6, though in return it gets a lot more of those because AC3 had some of the highest missile counts in the series before 6.

God that plane sucks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

But as you can see, the gameplay in AC1, 22, and 2 was all basic, they really turned it around come time for AC3. They even included dead zone options to tune your flying, which I think is awesome.

I actually feel AC4 is a step back from AC3 in flying controls because, at least when I played it, it just felt really slow and clumsy, even in the best planes.

Then AC5+ fixed it and made it all better again.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I'll just record the game for him, upload it, let him do his commentary then he can send everything for me to combine then send back so he can upload on his channel

If push comes to shove. Nobody deserves to be held up on AC4 because of AC2 :cool:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I skyped him two times over the past week and there was still nothing.

This is going to sound like FUD but I am genuinely concerned.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

In other news, this site wants to make Sublimation a thing.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Just turn on the auto-subtitling feature that YouTube has. Much simpler solution :smug:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The Citra developers actually posted a tutorial for people who own a 3DS and a game to 'dump' the game to make it playable on their emulator because they are the kinds of nimrods who fear getting stepped on by The Man so they opted for this backwards fan-DRM method instead of simply allowing ISOs. I said to Crow if he dumped Assault Horizon Legacy at some point, and if the emulator even works decently, I'd play it for him to get supplemental footage.

I know that first part doesn't seem very concrete but I'd imagine with how much time they had to develop this it's gotten somewhere playable and also maybe works, but the only people who can even contribute or playtest are ones who follow their mandate, which I'm certain leads to a very small amount of people contributing at all.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 13, 2016

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Indeed. The only barrier to me doing AHL myself is that apparently ROM dumping a 3DS game only works with the New 3DS, and I only have the old one and I'm not in a hurry to run out and buy another one.

Nintendon't

:tizzy:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Just don't buy Assault Horizon.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Just to spite you Psion I didn't do the QTE at the end of AH.

You know what I'm talking about :smuggo:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

we have so far to go

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Trizophenie posted:

Yeah, when you use it it fires like 5ish seconds of bullets like the rocket pod.

Have a short video of it, it's at the end. (also have that barrel roll you you wanted Lunethex).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_hx7ewOQyw
Youtube

I've been playing Warhammer games religiously so my response is delayed until now.

My repsonse: :neckbeard:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It's perfectly normal for an A-10 to do that I don't know what you're facepalming about :q:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I think the best part about the DFM A-10 in Triz's video is how the enemy was excited for you, saying Nice! when you pulled it off. Even the game knew just how cool that was.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It bugs me every time they called him Warwolf and not Werewolf.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Crow said the same. That reference was utterly lost on me even having played it many times. It just doesn't jive and it also sounds dumb.

But that's just AH I guess :v:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

But it's still a Fishbed and therefore has no style :smug:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It's probably the only thing they had to field at the time and weren't counting on the player having a plane granted to him by the gods of the plane dimension, Jetplane.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Dogfight Mode is so eye rollingly cheesy I have to say. I don't even remember much from Assault Horizon itself but in AHL every time it's used it's so hysterically unrealistic.

It's still cool though and you should use it more.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Why were they doing training at all was my question. It's not a very good one but they did not plan that one out at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

I know I've mentioned this before but you all forget the newest Godzilla movie where F-35's just pretty much fall out of the sky thanks to MUTO's EMP blast.
Also Pacific Rim start with two F-22's getting blown out of the sky by the first Kaiju.
Then a number of 22's got wrecked in the first BayFormers and possibly more so in the second or third one.

Also that was quite the finisher there. :golfclap:

Is that what they're calling Transformers nowadays

• Locked thread