Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

It is unknown if Albireo A and B are a binary star system (two stars orbiting the same barycenter in the same solar system), however.

Weird, I was only ever taught that it was definitely a purely visual binary (i.e., appearing next to each other in our sky but at vastly different distances), rather than there being any chance that it was a for-real binary, but I guess not. Although from what I remember, 10,000 years for a minimum orbital period would place the orbital distance on the pretty large side. Another neat thing I picked up from the Wikipedia page was that the English name is essentially a result of a millennia-long game of Telephone. As are most words, yes, but even more so than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016

that countdown is now a standing open tab on my browser at work

• Locked thread