Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

peanut posted:

Elegant traditional something. The wood was done by machine in a factory, but the carpenters still need to chisel some pieces to make them fit well.

I'm the penis joint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

sirr0bin posted:

I have had bad experiences with Delta and good ones with Moen. For toilets, I cannot recommend a Toto Drake enough. It's a beast.

I bought a penguin shitter. I tend to clog low flow toilets, so the overflow protection is pretty great.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

wormil posted:

You don't have to ignite the propane although I don't know how much it takes to suffocate moles.

Although you, the schadenfreude thread, and the Osha thread are missing out if you don't.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Works great. I never have to move the nightstand, drawers come out smoothly and easily, no trouble getting stuff in and out. Highly recommended.

What looks like a pain in the dick about it?

Getting to the part of the drawer directly under the nightstand

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I'm thinking I'm going to go mechanical combo lock when I have a kid, just to make it harder for my kid to get into the room I keep some of my collectible stuff in until they're older and less likely to mess the stuff up.

I'm thinking of the kind where it's always unlocked from the non-combo side, though.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

kzersatz posted:

I'm currently caught between a rock and an expensive bill.

The long story short, is the wife and I plan on being ready to sell by June/July, I'm currently remodeling the kitchen with a complete rebuild.
I've got cabinets already ordered, tile already picked, but my main issue comes to this.
Do I tile all of the floor and install cabinets or install cabinets and then tile up to them?

I'm leaning towards installing cabinets and tiling up to them for a number of reasons.
Price (Again, selling in June/July)
Not wanting to fight with leveling out the cabinets / counter tops, etc.
It'll allow me to work on the back splash sooner, along with mineral oil soaking the counter tops.

Opinions?

As someone who is having to replace a POS odd-sized glued-together sawdust vanity in a bathroom where someone did exactly that, your buyer is going to hate you if literally anything is flawed. I’m going to have to take up the gorgeous tile and replace it with lovely vinyl because I can’t afford to retile or find a matching-shaped vanity.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Southern Heel posted:

That feeling when you move in to your new house and literally everything leaks.

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Southern Heel posted:

I've got a remote thermostat that my mother in law has so perfectly hidden in the house that after weeks of search I still can't find it. I know it's here because if it's out of range/off then the system shuts down. Unfortunately she set it to somewhere between sweatbox and devil's armpit, so I'm having to open windows and subsequently may as well just burn money in my log burner.

Does anyone have any bright ideas before I rip it out and replace with a nest/hive?

I just got back from a pleasure trip. I took my mother-in-law to the airport.