Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Gorgeous. 1960s?

2016 Japan, with very realistic woodgrain surface. It has a mechanism that makes two panels slide at the same time (連動引き戸).
All of our doors are from this series but most are horizontal grain swing doors. I regret not choosing sliders everywhere.

https://www.ykkap.co.jp/consumer/search/products/interior/sliding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I just upgraded our toilet seat from plain normal to heated bidet.

It was very easy and l only got 1 bloody knuckle and damaged 1 hose clip.
So I went to 2 hardware stores and couldn't find a replacement, then stomped into a b2b supplier to order a clip (actually 6 so I never need to order more), which will arrive in 4 days. Then I taped the old clip shut and turned the water back on and it's working fine so far.

My husband was like woah when he saw I ordered and installed the bidet in secret so it is a successful project!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

My area uses mini splits for most residential construction. The indoor units are mounted high with a designated power plug, and the outdoor units are elevated on blocks.

Apartment building requiring indoor conduits
https://www.s-nippro.co.jp/case/road-heating/2976

Apartment building without indoor conduits, but with rack-mounted outdoor unit.
https://life-techs.jp/ac/toritsuke.html

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

BonoMan posted:

But here's the thing... What's the average life expectancy of a plumber? They use the PVC glue and primer on three or four sinks... And that stuff was so strong. I couldn't take more than 20 minutes of just being near it before I had open every window and go wait outside for the entire rest of the time. My VOC monitor was off the charts. And they were just joking about "you get used to it". They had no PPE.

I mean my chest and tongue feel weird after just that limited exposure lol. Doing that for years? Cancer rates have to be sky high?!

I recently saw a medical file that said:
Family History
Mother: Hypertension
Father: Cancer on palms of both hands

My assumption is something work related but ??!!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Danhenge posted:

making them harder      future    cock       moisture      wood       glazing    .

heheheh

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Check your local regulations.

For most areas, the internet says...
The minimum net area of ventilation openings shall be not less than 1 square foot for each 150 square feet of under-floor area

and companies selling vents say...
Generally, Automatic Foundation Vents have 50 inches of net free area per vent. Therefore, install one vent for every 50 square feet of crawlspace.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

MetaJew posted:

(Pardon the clutter.... One day my house will look organized or neat.)

same haha ha

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

A vacuum with the bristle attachment.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The glass might have notches that fit on tabs of the posts.
There is probably a bottom to the slots where they fit on the posts.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

That windowsill looks comfy af, that's where I want to be when I'm a cat or cactus.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Skid steer bobcats are hella cool. I have seen them do some rad things and radical this.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

ROJO posted:

Are there prefab sheds people like? I could just build a shed, but if the price was right, I would be willing to pay someone to have done most of the hard work and just put some footings in myself.

Looking for something that is probably 6x8 or so inside, but flexible on size to an extent.

I feel like this is something that Costco can do everything for you

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

We have an all-in-one combo electric washer with heat pump dryer. Usually we line dry, but the dryer is awesome for finishing up not-perfectly-dry clothes on a cloudy day, and handling sports clothes that need to be ready the next morning. When the laundry is fully wet, it takes a long time and shrinks our socks and makes me sad.

Yesterday was raining but I needed to do 2 loads (nosebleed, wet towels, packing for a business trip) and the washer was on speed mode (speed 10 min, normal 30 min) so everything still smelled slightly sweaty after washing. I thought well maybe it's good enough so I spent all day doing tiny loads in the dryer. The laundry got dry but still smelled slightly sweaty and it shrunk the socks.

Today is sunny so I am rewashing everything anyway to line dry outside.

The song "The Neverending Laundry" is now playing in your head. ♪ ♬

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Tearing out ceilings to expose roof beams is pretty common here (Japan), especially antique homes that are being renovated into a cafe or shop.
You might need some conduits for electric and air, they're very common in concrete/industrial spaces.
Like yeah GG's house might not have log cabin truss aesthetic but if it's not damaging the beams, then it's not damaging the structure. Put in a ceiling fan to push warm air down in winter, add a window or vent to release hot air in summer. Make the cat(s) happy.
It's gonna be ok.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Our black composite deck is unusable in summer but not hot enough to make a solar oven.
On clear winter days it's divine and we like to nap on the deck like lizards.
Once my metal halloween lantern caught on fire and melted a neat circle in the surface.
The material shows oil and soap stains so always use a blanket/towel for bbqs and picnics.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

You can buy sythentic? deer/wolf piss to at attract/deter other animals

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

devicenull posted:

Does this actually work? I'm not sure the deer around here have seen anything resembling a wolf in generations

Sorry in advance if your attic fills with wolves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Rebuild the house without a basement