Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I've seen that in houses on tiny lots, especially in urban areas. Carport and a bedroom or bath downstairs, living room upstairs, more rooms on the third floor, and maybe a rooftop terrace.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

#itshappening #hammertime #kawaiiandsugoi

EDIT: The dude on the bottom is holding something like an upside-down hammer. It's a heavy wooden sledge on a long pole that allows someone below to hammer down a beam from above.

peanut fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 25, 2016

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

4 hours later

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The roof is on and we're having a bbq with the carpenter dudes :cheers:

EDIT: VVV 6 dudes plus a crane operator. All the beams came pre-cut and labeled so it was all wooden hammers and a few bolts.

peanut fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 25, 2016

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Puzzle magic, then bolts.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Roofed.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Korean bbq (yakiniku), fried chicken, onigiri, some stir-fried vegetables and beer. But we got so much sake as gifts from neighbors. Please come drink it.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

X-ray view from future toilet

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Windows come on Monday

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Ceiling line

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Window frames. Security grills are the current standard for bathroom windows, but I'm not sure why.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Yes. The window in the corner is the shower, and the smaller window will be above the washer. I asked to make the shower window higher to line up, but the unit bath has some height restrictions.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

There's one major company called Sekisui that does it like this. They made the cubic houses near mine.
https://youtu.be/Hx56wDkpr9s

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

That is completely true re: the video I posted.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Sliding lower cabinets. Maybe pull-down racks for higher cabinets. A magnetic wall surface for hanging stuff. And plan trash can placement in advance...

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I never like in-door ice maker/dispensers. They've always been broken or full of algae. We have an internal ice maker. Fill it up once a week and the ice cubes fall down into an ice drawer.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The fridge has no water connection. You have to fill this thingy manually. Sorry for the grungy pic, this is the spare fridge at my in-laws' place.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

IH is cool and good.

Wires! Cables! Conducts! Bundles!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Windows. Tyvek anti-moisture wrap.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Siding!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Siding almost finished (*≧∀≦*)

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Wallpaper. Wallpaper? Talk to me about wallpaper. Wallpapers.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Geez I wasn't planning to hang it myself, you nerds. Wallpaper is the standard here for normal people houses that aren't doing old school mud or lime plaster. $10/sq meter for the good stuff. There are some excellent patterns, and some barftastic one.

The alternative is painting the interior myself... with a 1 year old to hold the ladder.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Babby needs to focus on decorative tile.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Please tell me about the worst (and best?) wallpapers yall have ever seen and/or lived with.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I'm going to diy hell because I'm pretty serious about this fake white brick wallpaper.
The red brick and stone patterns are too tacky, even for me. The fake books and cat photos are disturbing me with psychic resonances of regret.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

What's the deal with chandeliers and couches in these designer bathrooms?!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

This is the wallpaper sample book http://www.sangetsu.co.jp/digital_book/re16/index_pc.html
Chalkboard function stuff on Page 11-12! Terrible things on Page 27-28! Retro kawaii Page 89-92! And... Snoopy?! Good grief!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I like that. It can be hard to visualize a pattern on a large surface... like this... :iiapa:

peanut fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jun 9, 2016

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Stairs in my house.

I'm regretting the small window in the bathroom/linen area. There's still time to install a (kawaii) interior window (to the main hallway, facing the front door) for a little bit of light and air flow...

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Why do American houses have so many baths/showers?!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Lol just lol if you only shower in the morning, bourgeois pigs

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Scaffolding gone!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Upstairs walls are done. Closet shelves are installed. The bathroom sink-vanity is being assembled. I decided on wallpaper. There's still time to make adjustments...

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

:/ I've only ever had powder post beetles in (cheap) furniture. That was resolved by leaving it outside for a week...

Smoke, varnish, and/or demolition?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Wear a lovely long sleeve shirt and take a shower after spraying (Wormil's dick).

I ordered a giant fuckoff built-in shelf for our library. A real shelf that can hold heavy books and won't fall over in an earthquake. https://www.daiken.jp/newproducts/fitshelf/

VVV tire fire

peanut fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 25, 2016

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Hell yeah I got bunch of mismatched flooring boards for free I'm gonna make some (weak) shelves under the stairs n stuff.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The old kitchen is reinstalled (*´ω`*) Those niches in the wall will have shallow shelves for thermoses, wine and kawaii things.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Last day of construction before inspection :3 I'm hella excited for life with ceiling fans again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

/\/\/\ No regrets hail Satan

This sweet entryway light was $10 bucks in the floor model sale bin, including three Panasonic CFL bulbs.