Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Even Japanese floorplans look like manga. I half expected tentacles to come out of one of the rooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Rent a floor sander from your local hardware store.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Yeah, I'd say just turn it into some kinda feature.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Yeah, fiberglass board insulation isn't uncommon in hvac duct. It should be 1/2 to an inch thick, and black under all the accumulated dust.

It's in there to reduce noise and to prevent condensation from forming on the duct and then dripping all over stuff.

Now if it's just some batt insulation thrown in there, there's a problem.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

willroc7 posted:

Yea it’s batt.

Oh , then run away.

I do ductwork all day everyday so when I see something about insulation I'm not thinking batt, but since you said someone else had looked, I thought I'd at least give them some benefit.

Duct insulation is fiberglass based but it's compressed, unlike the floofy poo poo that batt is.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
http://imgur.com/a/z02jWzR

A half-assed sketch of the kind of jig I imagine for this sorta thing.

Make it a few inches shorter than the length of the shortest piece you need to cut. For less chance of binding but more work you would make another set of Xs close to the middle and just cut between them.

I'd also recommend making the cross brace, if you have one a good bit lower than where the logs will rest, so you don't accidentally go cutting it with the chainsaw along with the log.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

eddiewalker posted:

I also really like my Ryobi 40v electric trimmer. It’s way less fuss than a 30cc gas thing, feels just as strong, and I don’t have to keep a separate tank of premix fuel around.

I've got a 40v Kobalt mower and trimmer which both work just fine.

Edit sorry, it's the 80v ones.

immoral_ fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 4, 2019

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Rigid duct doesn't tend to be done in residential unless you work in sheet metal and can get a good deal from your shop. It's a lot more expensive and easier to gently caress up than just running flex everywhere.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Bloody posted:

how do I win the war on house ants

Burning it to the ground is the only way to be absolutely sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
I have never wiped down my front load washer in the near 4 years I've had it, just leave the door cracked after use and it dries out on its own.