Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Safety Dance posted:

You're gonna need a jack like this: http://www.harborfreight.com/42-inch-3-1-2-half-ton-farm-jack-6530.html and a length of chain. Whatever jack you have in your car probably won't cut it.

Use this. I just took ~30 4x4 and a couple 6x6 posts out of my yard to replace with new ones, and this method is the best way to do it. Wrap the chain tight around the post, jack up until you're under the chain, jack higher until it's out. Easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm with Slugworth here - I wouldn't spend any money on something I wasn't already planning on getting, like slippers. If you weren't going to buy a rug before, don't buy one now just because your neighbor complained to you about hearing you walk in your apartment. Your landlord should be responsible for soundproofing (within reason) units.

I say within reason because if you were cranking your sub up to 10 and blasting music ridiculously loud then yeah, your downstairs neighbor is right to complain. But to complain about hearing you walking in your apartment? Tough poo poo, comes with renting. Does this same neighbor bitch about people cooking and smells coming out of those apartments too?

Edit - holy poo poo didn't realize that post was a month old.