Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
We have an over-range microwave left behind by the previous owners of our house, and it broke a few days ago. Shopping for one is whatever, but how much effort would it take to install one myself? I can see where the current one is plugged in as well as some screws holding into the cabinet above it. Is there more to it than that?

E: Although, how closely should I try to match the height and depth of the current unit?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

DaveSauce posted:

Done this a few years ago. It's easy in theory.

Makes sense, thanks. There's backsplash underneath it but the previous owner left an inch or two of bare wall between it and the current microwave. Found a couple of units with the same height and depth as our current one so I'll probably just pick up one of those so the fit is as simple as possible.

Enos Cabell posted:

This is a great chance to put an actual vent hood in. We did that a few years back when our over-range microwave died and it's been a huge QOL improvement. Microwave vent combos are pretty terrible comparatively.

I would looooooove to do this but my home reno budget is diverted in a half-dozen other directions right now.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 5, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Getting ready to repaint an upstairs room with a fairly high ceiling, and I want to give the walls a quick TSP cleaning first. How bad of an idea would it be to apply TSP with a paint roller on a long stick? I figure cover all exposed skin, wear goggles, and roll it slowly and I should be safe? I imagine that I can buy a pad brush with the same type of screw-on handle as a paint roller, but I didn't think of it while I was at the store today and I won't be able to make it back there for a couple of days.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

PainterofCrap posted:

Ja one way or another you are wiping the TSP down with rags/old towels

You can wrap a towel around the head of a shop broom & use that

Yeah I am mostly just trying to avoid having to repeatedly carry a bucket of liquid up and down a ladder. I might have time for a hardware store run today after all, if I can't find a screw-on brush like that I'm sure I can find a shop broom. Thanks for the idea!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
In the early stages of replacing our refrigerator, is there That One Brand of fridge that all goons swear by the way everyone on this website raves about their Bosch dishwasher?