Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
If I have a bedroom door that latches correctly in the winter but goes out of jam in the summer are there any tips on what I would adjust to fix it? Got a baby coming in two weeks and the cats can't be allowed to push their way into the room soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Grab a dremel and a sanding/grinding attachment, and enlarge the hole in the strike plate on the doorframe.

That's easy and I have all those already. Thank you!

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
Speaking of sliding barn doors, I'm not a big fan but having trouble convincing my husband of a viable 2nd option, given how the desk sits a swing door would obscure him quite a bit. Is there a better type of door option? Moving the desk somewhere else is technically possible, but there aren't a ton of options with current furniture+this room is about to become a baby space

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
We need a door door for sound proofing. Hubby working at the desk is ... Not quiet during his six am meetings. I would like better sound proofing too to block the TV in the den.

Double pocket doors would require rewiring the light switch and power outlet though wouldn't it?

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees

HappyHippo posted:

Double doors that swing into the hallway?

The hallway is the main entry to the house (the front door is behind the right wall) so if they were open they would block that door. I wonder if any barn doors are made of better sound insulation materials. Pocket door is probably the actually right choice , several other spaces in the house have them, but would be much much more involved to install.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
There's another outlet we could connect the desk to on the adjacent wall. But good point about barn doors not actually sealing against the wall. Time to look into quotes for getting pocket doors I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
I just got a folding doors look ok. So that might actually work out. And you're right it would be nice not to narrow the entry just to use a normal sized door. The idea of widening the entire set of walls, is not fun .