Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

knox_harrington posted:

It's in the mountains in Switzerland but I wouldn't say anywhere seriously remote. I guess it is a bit away from the road.

Looking off the terrace, there are other villages around the place

I can't help you. Mostly because my raging jealousy is preventing me from thinking straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sirotan posted:

Sherwin-Williams Sleepy Hollow: https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW9145-sleepy-hollow

Edit: Going to use the same color in the hallway that connects to the bedroom I painted Naval:

And the current front runner for my living room is Thermal Spring:

tho I was also considering Poseidon:

I used Scanda by Sherwin Williams in my office and I love it:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

actionjackson posted:

This is the most monochromatic house ever. I'm surprised the flowers aren't white. At least paint the door bright yellow or some poo poo. I love the actual shape of it though.

All the houses on this street are in the 600k+ range (median house price where I live is like 270k, and it's been a pretty hot market)

I love it

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I have a plethora of lawn related questions incoming over the next few months but I'm going to start with two simple ones:

1.) What do you guys use for tick treatment in your yards? I've typically used Spectracide Insect Killer for Lawns (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Spectracide-Triazicide-For-Lawns-Granules-10-lb-Insect-Killer/50236519) and it seems to have worked fine, but I'm interested to know what other products people use. Preferably something I can get via Amazon as I don't want to go to Lowes for even curbside pickup.

But I'm also interested in knowing alternate methods and maybe less... toxic? methods.

2.) When we first moved to this house about 6 years ago the grass, while not amazing, was good enough to walk around in and feel comfortable. Now I feel it's being slowly overtaken by weeds and is just ... less enjoyable. edit: I'll provide pics soon. But what's a general treatment plan to deweed a yard and encourage better grass growth?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sirotan posted:

Adopt some possums imho

I have had a possum before. He was a gently, if ugly, creature. Also it always shat all over me.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Have you tried weed and feed? Seems an obvious first step.

I looked at Weed & Feed but got gunshy with its toxicity since I have kiddos around. But that was a while ago and I was probably just getting misled by internet poo poo.

devmd01 posted:

For lawn stuff you might be better served over here!

Ah! Nice! Back when I bought my house this thread didn't exist... knew I should have checked again.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Hubis posted:

Welcome, fellow lawn-owner!

1.) DoMyOwn.com has become my main stop for lawn and insect chemicals and equipment. They also have great guides to help get you started on figuring out what you want your approach to be. For example: Ticks (it's a multi-step guide, so make sure you click through to the "Treat" and "Prevent" stages). They have a combo kit that includes an insecticide and an IGR.

You mentioned wanting to find something less "toxic", so I am guessing that picking up a sprayer and putting on some gloves and boots might be outside your comfort zone. If so, totally understandable. However, one cool thing about using an Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) is that they operate by interrupting a specific stage of the insect's lifecycle rather than just poisoning them outright. This lets them be much more specific in what creatures they affect, and thus have very low environmental toxicity. So in the long run using an IGR to control the population, while more hands-on, would probably be more environmentally friendly than something like the broadcast lawn granules.

2.) Where are you located? Or more to the point, do you have a "warm season" (Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia) or "cool season" (Rye, Fescue, Bluegrass) lawn? This will inform the best fertilization and weed treatment cycle for you.

The most important thing to pay attention to is overall good cultural practices regarding mowing height/frequency, watering, and fertilization. This will vary based on location and grass type, but grass is a pretty good competitor and can make it hard for weeds to become established. Meanwhile, all the herbicides in the world aren't going to improve the lawn if you don't have healthy grass to grow in over it.

If it's getting taken over with weeds, you have two complementary options: Preventative preventative pre-emergent herbicides and selective post-emergent herbicides. The pre-emergents are put down before the optimal growing seasons (late-winter and late-summer to stop spring-sprouting and fall-sprouting weeds, respectively) basically prevent weeds seeds from establishing themselves in the first place, reducing the need to resort to post-emergents. Selective post-emergents can then be used to knock down whatever comes through without harming the grass around it. Then you can let the grass grow and fill in, or possibly overseed it in the appropriate season. The specific herbicides you will want to use will vary with the weeds you are seeing, but 2-4,D and Triclopyr should cover a huge amount of your common problems. Tenacity is also a really cool-and-good option, but it can be trickier to apply properly.

Anyways, follow up with some details about what you've got and I will see if I can provide any advice.

Amazing stuff thanks! I'm going to go out and take pictures this afternoon so I can provide some better info.

For now I'm in central Mississippi and, embarrassingly, I don't know what grass I have. Well not embarrassingly I guess since the whole point of this is me trying to learn this stuff. I dont do anything other than now the front lawn and I'm pretty sure I do it too short. For the back yard, it was over shaded and almost all dirt when I moved in. I cut down 5 trees in the back yard and seeded it lightly (can't remember the grass type... I'll check my Lowe's acct) and the grass has grown fairly well in the last two years. It's weedy as well but honestly we were trying to get any cover we could as it was straight dirt.

As far as toxicity, I'm mostly just nervous because I have kids 11 month and 6 years old. With the pandemic we're in the yard a lot so I just want to make sure I dont harm them (environment too). I'm probably being over reactive there and can be talked off that ledge easily.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Listen to Felder Rushing on the Gestalt Gardener on MS public radio. Also available as a podcast. He's funny and a huge font of knowledge, and very responsive to emails and has a masters degree in turf grass management from MS State or something ridiculous.

For this summer, fertilize with a high nitrogen fertilizer now, and set your mower to mow at it's highest height and mow every week during the summer. You probably don't need to water unless it really gets dry, but that depends on your soil.

You can use a weed and feed fertilizer, but I'd wait until next year- spend this year getting the grass good and healthy so when you do do battle with the weeds, the grass is ready to take over. Getting the grass healthier may be enough to deal with the weeds on its own. You want to make sure your grass is good and healthy first so you don't kill all the weeds and find out that 75% of the green stuff in your yard was actually weeds and now you have a sad brown yard. My neighbor just did this to himself, lol. What kind of grass you have makes a big difference as to what kind of chemicals you can use for weeds-St. Augustine in particular is pretty sensitive to 2-4, D, and it can do as much damage to the grass as it does the weeds. After years fighting with creeping charlie, I finally went chemical and used scott's weed and feed with atrazine and it has worked wonders in my little test patch.

Thanks for the advice. I f'ing love Felder. Listen to him all the time. My wife and I were actually thinking about writing him as well so good idea.

Man he has that Bob Ross level of "makes you feel good positivity."

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Motronic posted:

I know it's because of my profession, but every time i see those I'm just thinking early 80s Cray-1 (the very first "supercomputer").

Why are their Crays in a laundromat?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Slugworth posted:

Also in the Chicagoland area, and have no problem whatsoever believing that your basement just suffered from seepage last night. We've had a crazy amount of rain, the ground is saturated, and then we got hit with that nonsense last night. Everybody's basement is wet. My sump was struggling all night, so I threw a spare pump in the pit to help it out, and I still ended up getting some seepage in the corner of my crawlspace (I'm in a split level, so half crawlspace, half finished basement).

The cornfield at the end of my block also flooded, sending a wave of rotting corn stalks and husks into the surrounding streets, clogging up all the gutters. My block is thankfully apparently on sliiightly higher ground, and I was spared from having to stand in knee deep water shoveling rotting corn away from storm drains.

I have a friend in Chicagoland and their basement just flooded twice in a week. Insurance says it's municipality backup and wont' cover it. They lost a bunch of stuff but the most irreplaceable was his 20 years of artwork they put down there. Not like... fine art... but just his own work (he's become a really talented illustrator and had his timeline of work stored in the basement). Oof.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Hubis posted:

Welcome, fellow lawn-owner!

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Listen to Felder Rushing on the Gestalt Gardener on MS public radio.

Hubis posted:

I'm phone posting so I'll try and follow up more when I have a real keyboard, but:

Thanks guys! I've made a post with pics over in the lawncare thread, here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892694&pagenumber=4#post505109865

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Oh... Yeah just leave the dirt underneath it. A thin layer of mulch or chips if you absolutely must. Maybe just throw an old mattress under the monkey bars.

That is a very straight up playground and does not need what they're suggesting.

Edit: fwiw I have two kids and am over protective to a fault and I wouldn't put anything under that. How old are they?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Steve French posted:

They'll be turning three in September. For the near future for sure they won't be using it without supervision anyway

Yeah I'd think they'll be fine. Supervise for a year or so (I mean give or take) and then they should be ok.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

falz posted:

Sorry, but in no way would i cyberstalk the gently caress out of my neighbors to determine what profession they have, get a bunch of ammo and whatnot, before just saying "hi neighbor of two years, how are you? I'm good too. How about that 'rona! Oh, can we talk about this wall?"

Skipping a friendly "hello" and jumping right to an attorney ensures everyone will be using an attorney.

Imagine having a project you've been meaning to work on, maybe you're going to fix it up next year. In the meantime, a neighbor who moved in 2 years ago and never bothered to say hello sends a threatening legal letter thing telling you to do it. This would make me upset when I wouldn't have been over a conversation and maybe a beer.

You're overreacting. He's saying talk to a lawyer to be informed of what you can and can't ask for then go have the friendly chat. Not to actually threaten legal actions or send some letter. Being properly informed is the right move.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

Love 2 spend :10bux: to get this drat tree removed.

The trunk is less than a foot from the roof there. Previous owner planted it and apparently couldn’t be assed to do gently caress all about it in the time they lived here.

Yeahhh that had to go. When we moved in we had to cut down two fully grown masssssive oaks that had grown between my house and the neighbors. Basically in. 300 sq foot space. The root structure was destroying both foundations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I can't remember what thread I posted this in (but didn't get an answer) so I'm posting here:

Plumbing Question

Kitchen sink: got the disposal removed a year ago and the piping under the sink all cleaned out and replaced. It was... incredible.

Lately, when washing dishes, it stinks like sewer gas. Real egg-fart-sulfur. Now... it's ONLY the Kitchen sink. It's not the water. And it's ONLY when the water runs. We use it all the time so it's not a dried P trap. Plus I feel if it was that, it'd stink whenever. But it's only when the water is running.

Thoughts?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

knox_harrington posted:

Thanks!

Went with stone in the end. Looking at peoples' wooden decks they seem get old really fast. It's going to be the same as this, 30cm wide Luserna stone flags of variable length:

Not to be all house stalkerish but I need to live vicariously through you. Can you post more pics of your chalet and the view?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Normally yeah it's just a buy as you go option, but I do understand that with COVID related anxiety, people might want to be as efficient as they can and minimize shopping trips.

Some things off the top of my head:

Painting supplys. Lots of tape, rollers, brushes (get a few good ones and a bunch of cheap ones), drop cloth, rolling trays and maybe a tote to keep them all in. Don't buy any of the gimmicky poo poo like "corner painting tools" or whatever. Learn to do it all with a steady hand.

Sand paper, multi pack with varying levels of grit.

All the tools previously mentioned. The DeWalt 20v drill is my biggest go to. It's so goddamn amazing and you can usually get it with an extra tool thrown in. I chose the DeWalt multipurpose work light (it's like a handheld flashlight that uses the dewalt batteries and has been used more times than I can think).

An electrical tester kit with outlet tester and voltmeter.

Does your house have cream colored switches and outlets and you're thinking of changing? Get a ton of switches, outlets and covers for both.

Leak detectors for your sink areas.

Caulk and a caulking gun for redoing any bathroom or kitchen caulk.

Power washer. Never thought I'd use one but goddamn it's useful for cleaning literally everything. Car, childs toys, driveway.

Various yard poisons for fireants or ticks if you think you may need them.

Hoses. After going through the cheap stuff I sprung for a good 100' non-kink line and a hose storage bing (the kind where it rolls up on a wheel) with some quick attach devices (that are like $3 each). I move my hoses around a lot and the quick attach devices are awesome.

Cheap sprinklers.

Hand spray nozzle thing.

Get some milorganite for your yard.

A seed/poison granular spreader.

Are your doors racked anywhere? You may need some weather stripping to fill in the gaps.

Brooms, rakes, shovels and garage wall mounted tool storage systems (you can get the cheap ones here, don't feel like you need to spend a ton).

I have some other thoughts but gotta go tend to the kids at the moment.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Looking back through my Lowes purchase history:

Fireblock caulk (or foam) - this is good for sealing gaps that bugs get through in the kitchen - like around the oven hood vent where code requires fireblock)
Bluetooth work earmuffs (I have these and love them - https://amzn.to/2NBeRAo)
Vice Grips.
Large containers of proper fuel/oil mixtures for all your small engines.
Get oil and extra carb filter/spark plug for your mower.
Live in an area it gets below freezing? Cheap styrofoam outdoor faucet covers.
Extra LED bulbs.
Painting? Check out the free sample and "oops" cheap paints.
shop towels or cheap rag bags
respirator masks (lol good luck but some do have some in store stock)
Do you need new hoses or dryer vent tubing for your washer/dryer?
Get some multipacks of screws/nails/wall anchors/picture hanging kits
Couple of 5 gallon buckets
Outdoor work gloves
A good pair of mechanix gloves
Goo gone
AC Return Air Filters
Wire Brushes
Gorilla Glue
Spackle
Outdoor trash bags (for leaf/yard clutter)
Interior duct vents for AC (ours had gotten a bit old and moldy/rusty)
Depending on your weedeater, an ugly head is a nice addition. Makes changing line SOOOO much easier.
Trash Can! Lowe's actually sells a good sized, sturdy Blue Hawk brand (their store brand) lidded and wheeled can for $20. Otherwise it's really lovely ones for $20 or a good one for like $60-80 (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-32-Gallon-Black-Plastic-Wheeled-Trash-Can-with-Lid/1001429702). It's surprisingly good for the price.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Fallom posted:

Lowes just told us our pickup order we placed 3 days ago wasn't ready because they take 7 days to fill them :psyduck:

Home Depot has taken at most 4 hours all year

I figured out that Lowe's has a stupid policy where if one item you order ends up on backorder, they won't fill the thing at all until that item comes in. That's likely what's happened (I had to call the line to figure it out). Other than that my orders have all been filled in an hour or two at most.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

peanut posted:

after

(mirror re-set after this photo)

Flash forward 15 years to Antiques Roadshow:

"As it is right now, I expect at auction it would fetch $500-600. However if you had the original wooden trim, you're looking at $12,000"

looks great though for real

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Just don't get the lovely plastic gutters. Goddamn we had those and they are the worst. Then I got someone to come do my entire house in seamless steel gutters for $700 and they are amazing.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
What was the ant bait reco in this thread? Terro stakes?

We've got a stubborn infestation. I can see precisely where they are outside, but every time I Raid their path and entryway they find another way in.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

B-Nasty posted:

I live in Southeast PA, and I pulled a deer tick out of my stomach last week. This is even with my spraying of the brush line with bifenthrin, showering immediately after yard work, and generally staying out of woods/tall grasses.

Our deer population is completely out of control; Daily I'll see herds of a half-dozen or more chillin in my suburban (though 1.5 acre) backyard.

I have to go into my backyard every morning and do a good ole fashioned "go on now GIT!" To scare the heard out of my yard. I live in the burbs to but my street backs up to a small forested lot that separates the neighbors million dollar home from mine. I have a fence too but deer give no gently caress and jump it constantly.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
This was me this morning (and my wife says a buck was there yesterday) and every morning:

https://i.imgur.com/QYCTErC.mp4

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Partial Octopus posted:

No HOA so nothing to worry about there. I'm in Colorado. I found some lease generators online but I don't really know how legit they are. I just want to cover my rear end in case I get some shithead roommate who destroys the place.

I've used RocketLawyer.com for stuff like this in the past (but not specifically a lease) so check them. You can do a 1 month/$30 charge and find a form for your state.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

His Divine Shadow posted:

Huh? How do you know how fast this one mixes? This one is a lot better than any of the cheapos you can buy in the stores today, bigger and sturdier and three phase motor, not a consumer unit. This was an old pro model and made in Finland.

If this is a cat joke I think I missed it.

The "clumps of turds" didn't clue you in? :v:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
All of our sinks, over time, get moldy up in the aerator/filter tips. You'll be brushing your teeth and notice a little flap of black slimy mold flapping in the water coming out and know it's time to take them off and clean them.

When we moved in 6 years ago we replaced all tips with these: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Danco-15-16-in-27M-Chrome-Male-Standard-Aerator/3646396

The problem was pretty immediate after that (granted we didn't have much time before these so don't think it's related).

Why is my water doing this? This seems... not normal and pretty bad.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

HycoCam posted:

It isn't super bad and typically way nastier looking than a health issue. Look in your toilet tank and it will probably be covered in the black slime. Magnesium in your water is the most likely cause, or more specifically bacteria living off the magnesium. There are few other items that can cause the slime growth, like older galvanized pipes.

The most likely fix would be to install a water softening system. Before installing any system a quick test for water hardness and iron would be a good idea.

Thanks for the info! And yeah I replaced the flush valves on both toilets a while back and the tanks were indeed covered in the black slime. I'll get the water tested.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

As soon as the transfer of the forums is complete and Lowtax receives no money from forum purchases... I'm going to make this into a forum gif

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sirotan posted:

Please, for the love of god, do not texture your your friend's ceiling.

Textured ceilings have always been ugly. Forever and ever. How the hell has ANYBODY liked that other than literally having to hide something?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Nevets posted:

If you think textured ceilings are bad, you should see my laundry / master closet. They thought it would be a good idea to continue the popcorn down the walls. They also didn't bother to remove or cover up the lightswitch before they did it. I've scrapped my knuckles more than once in the dark, surprised I haven't left any blood behind yet.

We have textured ceilings.

They also decided to do this swirly plaster effect in the bathroom AND kitchen.

In my office the whole room was a mottled black/brown suede texture.

In the foyer they wallpapered, then put up cheap plaster then ran a comb, poorly, down it all.

I swear my house was like a test bed for a group of 13 year olds doing arts and crafts projects.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah my electric is fine for washing some stuff and getting grime off of my walkway/driveway. But it won't even really clean the tough spots on my siding.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Motronic posted:

And to be fair, I'm talking about the kinds of electrics I'm assuming people are talking about here. We've got a 240v 30A one at the fire house that flows like 8 GPM at 6500 PSI and has a diesel water heater that will make steam. It's a beast. But it's also a like 8 or 9 grand and weighs enough that you need a fork truck to get it into the bed of a pickup.

Yeah I'm assuming we're talking about, like, Amazon deal of the day $150 Sunjoe pressure washers here.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

D-Pad posted:

I got a little sunjoe electric pressure washer on sale for $130 for small jobs like the patio and it works great. I wasn't expecting much and it has exceeded my expectations

I have the same and it's def for small jobs but easily comes up against it's limits

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
It's def worth it as those things can be huge undertakings. Their take is big of course... 30-50%. But it's still worth it.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

FCKGW posted:

Do they take care of everything that doesn’t sell as well?

Generally yes. You can have different levels of how to deal with that. Take it and donate it? Have an increasingly aggressive markdown as the sale goes on? Just take it themselves?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Slugworth posted:

On some brands, especially cheaper ones, it can sometimes take a bit of force to get the tongue and groove on the end of each board to lock in. My guess is he was afraid to put enough oomph into it, figured he must be doing something wrong, and came up with..... This.

Even worse... It sounds like he *was* doing it right for two runs but decided it was too loud because he has attached neighbors.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I can't remember the exact model we have, but we have one of the base model Chamberlain's with the smart app connectivity (via MyQ) and it's great. It was like $175.

I didn't think I'd really use the smart app, but I use it quite frequently. When I'm not near the button, or forget to close it when I leave for the day. It also has the ability to set reminders for "oops you left the door open longer than 30 minutes... that supposed to be the case?" etc.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Some Guy From NY posted:

I had my cabinets painted this past July by CertaPro. I got 3 estimates; the other 2 from local companies, and all were in the low $5k range.

CertaPro sprayed my cabinets and set up a make shift paint booth in my basement and sprayed the doors there, front and back. They did not paint the inside of the cabinets - only up to and including the lip of the doors. The other 2 companies would have done the same. I also had new hardware installed.

It was a tremendous undertaking, but the quality is very good, especially since it was sprayed. They painted and then clear-coated with a satin finish.

Before and After:

Walls painted in this photo (ignore the mess)

Certa Pro also painted my entire 2300 sqft house. The painting alone was $5k. So to put it into perspective, painting the entire house was the same as just the cabinets.

We hired Certa Pro to paint ONE room in my house. Our living room. It is about 300-400 sq ft but has a vaulted ceiling that was hard for us to get to.

They charged $2k (less than the local companies quoted) and ended up sending 1 random guy. A contractor not officially employed by CP.

He took 5 days to do it.

Five. And the job was poo poo. But the first day he started... our baby decided to come 2 weeks early so I didn't have it in me to deal with it or even talk to CP. Wish I would have asked for a refund on second thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Some Guy From NY posted:

Wow, I was afraid of something like that happening, but thankfully they did a great job. It was 3 guys, yes they are contractors (that's how CertaPro works) but they did come wearing CertaPro gear/ truck said CertaPro. It took the 3 guys only 6 days to spackle/sand/paint my entire house and kitchen cabinets. Very friendly guys who even gave me their personal phone number in case there were issues I found later (there weren't). CertaPro was 1k more expensive than a 1 of the local companies and almost 7k less than the other local company.

I guess the best thing to do is read reviews and see if you can get references for any contractor.

Yeah my guy, who was totally nice, was just some dude in an altima that showed up. At the end I realized he was the CP guys bestie so he was probably just throwing a friend a job instead of going through any real contractors