Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Magnus Praeda posted:

One of these will probably last long enough to become an heirloom your kids pass down to your grandkids.

Seconding. Speed Queens are tough to kill and work like champions. Screw side load washers, I had nothing but trouble with our old one, and you can't soak really badly stained stuff in one. I used to bleach my chef's whites in the old top-loader and it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

You do not know the true shittiness of wallpaper until you tear it. Good luck matching that slightly faded pattern!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

peanut posted:

Why do American houses have so many baths/showers?!

Because modern American houses are built on the assumption of two heads of household working. Which means two people having to get all their poo poo done to get out the door for work, traditionally at the same 9am start, plus the possibility of kids that have to be out to school about the same time as well.

To make all that happen in the space of an hour or so, you need more than one place to hose off.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Shoot 'em.

If you're in the city and can't shoot them, call animal control and get some live traps.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

NoSpoon posted:

I've had success in the past by drilling a 25mm hole through the post, wedging a metal pipe through it, and using my trolley jack hard up against the post. Easy once you're started.

Yeah, I've pulled a few by drilling through the post, running a pipe through it, then hitting it with a bottle jack.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'm already terrified. Why does your shower have a control panel in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Zhentar posted:

Do you use it for heating your house too? I wish I could get one of those things, but even if I managed to import one, none of the residential HVAC installers in the US have the training/equipment for the CO2 refrigerant :(

Call your local cabonic gas guys and see who they'd recommend? If it's just bulk C02 plumbing, that poo poo's dead simple to work on and anyone who services fast food restaurants has someone certified to work it.